Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chris Carter on Mike and Mike this morning - Sanchez

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    After 3 days of camp, two in pads, with a young and inexperienced WR unit, installing a new offense, no, I'm not concerned, and people need to put some reality into their expectations after 3 days.

The team will need all of camp offensively to put things together, it won't be done in 3 days.
    I agree. I'm on board with this seeing thing through. But when someone starts talking about Sanchez being inaccurate with his passes and inconsistent, that is reason for concern. You've said it many times yourself and I agree with you, Sanchez is inconsistent.

So when you see someone claiming the very same things Sanchez had for problems under Schotty it is reason for concern.

Once again, I still want to see this thing through. But the things MonsterXman was referring to, are the exact things Sanchez had for problems in the past.

If after 3 days he was having trouble with say digesting the playbook? That I wouldn't give much credence to. After all, he is in a new system. This is different.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL at the sensationalistic dorks with ESPN.
    The Jets invited this media attention. All they had to do is say no.

Think the Giants, Packers or Patriots would ever allow ESPN to film their practice?

Winning organizations don't pull stunts like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianNY View Post
    maybe the colts defense is just that bad
    Well they did give up around 27 points a game last season..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI JET FAN View Post
    Any Jet fan who claims he's not concerned about Sanchez's growth as an NFL QB
    Is either blinded by his GQ good looks or doesn't watch the same game as the rest of us. Mark at times has played great and at big moments. He also has played as bad as any one could play. This season for Sanchez will most likely be the deciding factor for the Jets to invest major long term dollars into their QB.
    Very true. This is absolutely the make or break year for Sanchez.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    I have no concerns about Sanchez. I have concerns about Hunter at RT and Vlad at LG though.

ESPN is for fratboys who sleep in. That network is a joke.
    That is a given!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Jets invited this media attention. All they had to do is say no.

Think the Giants, Packers or Patriots would ever allow ESPN to film their practice?

Winning organizations don't pull stunts like that.

BTW, the Packers and Giants have won, not sure why the Patriots are on that list.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    so true. the colts defense was last in the league last year. sanchez faces a good defense everyday.

against our defense last year the avg. completion % of opposing QBs was 54.2%, 4th in the league, with a passer rating of 69.6, 3rd in the league. true it's only training camp, but our defense is playing on a high level and they bring it everyday.

a better frame of reference (if there really is one) would be schaub in houston, flacco in baltimore, and palmer in Oakland. good QBs practicing against top defenses.
    That's actually not true.

Their rushing defense was towards the bottom. But their passing defense, which is what we're talking about, was in the middle of the pack. Not great but not last.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Completely agree with everything mentioned in the OP. I'm sick of Sanchez, and this year is literally his last chance to prove himself. I'm not hopeful, because he IS doing the same stupid, inconsistent s*it in practice that will translate to real games. That's why I'm excited about Tebow. He might suck too, but at least we have another option - who's proven he can win games. And he's a much better leader.

God knows why he was given an extension. On what merit?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez has proven he can win BIG Games. If he had an offensive line and WR's who didn't quit on him last year, he would have made the playoffs again. The guy is YOUNG. Had one year of college starting at QB. Sanchez will have a BIG year. He struggled last year. But his WR's SUCKED last year. As did his O line and OC. He can win big games and proved that in year two.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

BTW, the Packers and Giants have won, not sure why the Patriots are on that list.

Enough with the cheater nonsense already. The Patriots are a good team. Good coach. Good QB. The Jets are not at that level yet. Second place in the AFCE is ok IF the Jets can make the playoffs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Sanchez has proven he can win BIG Games. If he had an offensive line and WR's who didn't quit on him last year, he would have made the playoffs again. The guy is YOUNG. Had one year of college starting at QB. Sanchez will have a BIG year. He struggled last year. But his WR's SUCKED last year. As did his O line and OC. He can win big games and proved that in year two.
    On the glass-half-full side, this is also true. He just needs to be CONSISTENT. For once in his pro career. Be consistent. Then all will be forgiven, just like it was for Eli.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    He's right. Yeah, he's going up against a good defense in practice but that should just make him better.

Just looking at this, can't help but to think back on those dline INT's from last year. And yet we're still seeing it in practice again this year.
    I wont go searching for stats, but Sanchise seemed to have an overabundance of tipped balls at the LOS.

Damn Schotty.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, let's ignore all his good days of practice and focus strictly on his one bad day.

long live SOJF!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since Sanchez came into the league, the Jets have been #1 (2009), #1 (2010) and #4 (2011) in completion percentage allowed. That's ridiculous. This year Sanchez gets his first 60% year.

As for Cris Carter, he is a bitter, bitter dude. Once he gets in the HoF, he'll lighten up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Completely agree with everything mentioned in the OP. I'm sick of Sanchez, and this year is literally his last chance to prove himself. I'm not hopeful, because he IS doing the same stupid, inconsistent s*it in practice that will translate to real games. That's why I'm excited about Tebow. He might suck too, but at least we have another option - who's proven he can win games. And he's a much better leader.
    Do you think Tebow could win a Superbowl? Any chance at all of that happening?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Do you think Tebow could win a Superbowl? Any chance at all of that happening?
    No. I don't think that can happen. But he could very well be a better option at QB than Sanchez right now. (I don't believe that Tebow is that, but it's foolish to say there's no chance he can be the more effective quarterback for the Jets in 2012.)

I don't believe the quarterback who'll get us to the Super Bowl is on the roster right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jaws is raving about Mark Sanchez. But one thing I thought was funny that he said, was that he said it was expected that Mark would be making reads faster and playing faster because Tebow is learning a new offense. Like Sanchez isn't learning a new offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Jaws is raving about Mark Sanchez. But one thing I thought was funny that he said, was that he said it was expected that Mark would be making reads faster and playing faster because Tebow is learning a new offense. Like Sanchez isn't learning a new offense.
    His reasoning was that it was the same offense but with Sparano's tweaks or something along those lines. I think he was underestimating the difference.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    ESPN's Ron Jaworski is live at Jets training camp and says he's observed improvements in Tim Tebow's throwing motion.

If so, Mark Sanchez had better watch his posterior. "The one thing I’ve noticed about Tim Tebow — and it’s a small sampling thus far — is his stroke is much better," said Jaworski. "It’s cleaner. It’s not as elongated. He’s not dropping the football. That means the ball will come out quicker." Tebow still isn't perfect, but any small improvement could have positive on-field ramifications. We like Tebow's chances of making several 2012 starts.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
    Really? I think Jaws has been playing both sides of the fence for quite a few years now for many things.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    And finally, I heard Luck in his first practice went 27 of 32.
    In 3+ years, Sanchez never has had one practice where he played that well.

Does anyone else have concerns?
    Just an FYI, Luck isn't practicing against Revis, Cro, or a Rex led defense.