Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Media is too Rough on Sanchez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's face it, the media is always killing the Jets. They are their favorite NFL whipping boys. It's gotten even worse with Rex Ryan's bluster.

On the other hand the Giants are the NFLs golden children and if you combine that with the last name Manning you're God-like before you even step on the field.

It's pathetic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post
    Let's face it, the media is always killing the Jets. They are their favorite NFL whipping boys. It's gotten even worse with Rex Ryan's bluster.

On the other hand the Giants are the NFLs golden children and if you combine that with the last name Manning you're God-like before you even step on the field.

It's pathetic.
    You could call it that. As a Jets fan, I would agree.

But others would argue that's more a product of the Giants winning 4 SBs in the last 30 years vs. the Jets 1 in almost 50. I'd like to see my team get out of 'whipping boy' status, but they need to take that respect.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Long Suffering Jets Fan View Post

It's pathetic.
    Jerry Reese was getting ripped to shreds last off season as well as throughout the year. Coughlin was supposedly a dead man walking as recent as the Jets game.

I'm not suggesting that the Jets don't get undeserved negative coverage at times, but lets not revise history and say its all peaches and cream for everyone else. Every team gets ripped by the media at some point in time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is a big boy. He gets paid millions. He motorboats Kate Upton.

Don't feel sorry for him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Jerry Reese was getting ripped to shreds last off season as well as throughout the year. Coughlin was supposedly a dead man walking as recent as the Jets game.

I'm not suggesting that the Jets don't get undeserved negative coverage at times, but lets not revise history and say its all peaches and cream for everyone else. Every team gets ripped by the media at some point in time.
    I agree, the Giants were getting some schitck until the Jets bluster fell flat year. You need lots of luck in this game for you have to be prepared when luck arrives .. Jets have not been and the boring giants usually are.

So much depends on QB play and the performance of the oline/dline (related to it).
    Last edited by Gangrene; 07-30-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez is a big boy. He gets paid millions. He motorboats Kate Upton.

Don't feel sorry for him.

He's moved on from Kate Upton, keep up with the times
    Eva Longoria, is his current interest

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    See, all Sanchez has to do is start bringing in championships like Jeter. Then he can move up from the 9s of the world to the 10s.

Not that Kate Upton isn't a 10 for me, but I want a QB that's pulling the Megan Fox / Lea Michele-type chicks. Because that means he's the ****.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Well, he ain't motorboating her. Thats for sure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do think he gets a little more flak than some others have gotten, probably more than he deserves most of the time.

But so what? He doesn't appear to let it bother him too much, don't let it bother you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    But honestly who cares if the media is hard on Sanchez? is there anything you can do to change it? NO. Is there anything Sanchez can do to change it? Well, not at this moment, but if he improves the haters will need to STFU.

So if it motivates Sanchez to play better then that is a great thing. This is NY and there's no way he wasn't going to get some criticism given his first 3 seasons in the league.