Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of Movies Ripe for Remake.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remake Jaws already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i won't hesitate to punt the living sh!t out of you

What about Zach Efron?

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't The Condemned basically the same as Blade Runner? Death Race was also pretty close.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, The Hunger Games is almost the exact same story as Battle Royale--a great Japanese novel from back in the 90's and a movie from back in 2000.

Not sure how that woman got away with making billions off of it.

_

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Btw, The Hunger Games is almost the exact same story as Battle Royale--a great Japanese novel from back in the 90's and a movie from back in 2000.

Not sure how that woman got away with making billions off of it.

_

+1

I don't know how the writer of Battle Royale hasn't sued.

Battle Royale was great.Hunger Games..crap

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Remake Jaws already.
    I would never watch another movie. Ever.

Running Man wouldn't be the same without...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Thing is, it was a GREAT short story by Stephen King (as Bachman). The movie had literally nothing to do with the book
    Running Man and The Long Walk are both under the Bachman name but both are full novels, not short stories.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a remake....

But the next best thing - a prequel!

But this is the first I'd ever heard a prequel in the mix for 'the Shining' - based off of the book, there should be plenty of material to use, as far as the sordid history of the Overlook Hotel...if David Fincher directs it, it could be pure win.

http://screenrant.com/shining-prequel-movie/

Stephen King is looking forward into the future with his sequel novel to The Shining, titled Dr. Sleep. Warner Bros has the opposite approach in mind, as the studio is reported to be exploring a prequel to the famous horror story (more specifically, Stanley Kubrick’s lauded 1980 film adaptation).

Studio reps are confirming these reports, but emphasize: the project isn’t “formally in development” just yet – and thus, there’s a chance it won’t see the light of day.

LA Times‘ Movies Now says that Warner Bros. is “quietly exploring the possibility of a prequel” that delves into the macabre backstory concerning what transpired at the haunted (…or is it?) Overlook Hotel, prior to the arrival of Jack Torrance and his family. Details are mostly being kept secret right now, so it’s difficult to say how far the trip back in time will be. It’s worth nothing there’s no implication the project will expound upon Jack’s history as a struggling alcoholic writer, beyond the allusions in Kubrick’s film (and more explicit references in King’s book).
    The members of the Torrance family are tormented by some pretty freaky visions, so it’s difficult to imagine how a prequel would not lessen the impact of those events – especially, as portrayed in Kubrick’s film, where it’s never clarified how much madness was the handiwork of malicious supernatural entities. Moreover, a prequel about the experiences of previous tenants at the Overlook Hotel risks recycling plot points from The Shining, with diminished returns (see: The Thing prequel).

On a note less likely to incite rage from Screen Rant readers: the Shining prequel involves producer Bradley Fischer, as well as writer-producers Laeta Kalogridis and James Vanderbilt. Their horror-thriller filmography is rock-solid, including Zodiac and Black Swan (both produced by Fischer, the former written by Vanderbilt) and Shutter Island, which Kalogridis wrote and produced alongside Fischer. Kalogridis seems like an ideal candidate to write the story/script, as she demonstrated a knack for pulpy psycho-horror fare with the aforementioned Shutter Island.

Things are just starting to take shape on this Shining prequel. Moreover, Fischer, Kalogridis, and Vanderbilt have other priorities on their to-do list, including, Altered Carbon and White House Down. Hence, it may be a while before we hear much more about this project.

Let us know your feelings about a prequel to The Shining in the comments.

Also, how come no one was made 'The Long Walk' by King into a movie yet? Or 'The Talisman'? Lame-os.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would love to see a remake of Commando staring that wolf kid from the Twighlight series.

_
    Not sure about the Wolf Kid, but a Commando Remake (stolen daughter, terrorist plot, lots of shooty-shooty) would be fine.

Although Arnold already kinda-sorta made it, and they called it True Lies.

Pretty much anything Arnold was in could be remade now, no harm no foul. Just needs the right star.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Not sure about the Wolf Kid, but a Commando Remake (stolen daughter, terrorist plot, lots of shooty-shooty) would be fine.

Pretty much anything Arnold was in could be remade now, no harm no foul. Just needs the right star.
    I couldn't watch it all, but the new Conan the Barbarian was just God awful. I couldn't believe how bad it was.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should remake The Notebook.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Running Man and The Long Walk are both under the Bachman name but both are full novels, not short stories.
    You are right, Running Man isn't a short story. But it's a short novel, couple hundred pages, quick read. As compared to the normal stuff he writes that is 700 or 800 pages long.

How about a remake of the Warriors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6MqHccBSI

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously not.

As such, we movie fans need to "suggest" what films of yore need remake.

So, along with "Running Man", and "The Long Walk", I'd pay GOOD SOLID money to see King's "Christine" done with an actual decent cast of actors (actual actors, not sock puppets like the original) and a full suite of CGI Walking-Dead-Style Effects. Good money, I would pay.
    Since you put it that way IF THEY must remake a movie my vote goes to Gremlins.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are right, Running Man isn't a short story. But it's a short novel, couple hundred pages, quick read. As compared to the normal stuff he writes that is 700 or 800 pages long.

They shouldn't touch this movie with a 10 foot pole. You can't recreate the feel of the city's look back then. From the graph on the subway cars etc.

CAN YOU DIG IT!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kidding about the wolf kid, but you're right--pretty much all of Arnold's action movies have some camp element to them--so remakes wouldn't be half bad.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    pretty much all of Arnold's action movies have some camp element to them--so remakes wouldn't be half bad.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it's going to happen and I'll see it.

From wiki:

In 2008, Tony Scott announced a remake of The Warriors. Scott announced that the remake will take place in Los Angeles rather than New York where the original film took place.[13] Of the remake, Scott stated, "The original Warriors was New York in the '70s, and everything went upwards, everything went vertically. And now I'm making it a contemporary thing and doing it in L.A., so everything is horizontal. So my vision of The Warriors is Los Angeles in 2007 and the gangs, instead of being 30, are going to be 3,000 or 5,000."[13] Scott met with actual gang members, including Bloods and Crips, for research.[13]

_

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, it's going to happen and I'll see it.

From wiki:

In 2008, Tony Scott announced a remake of The Warriors. Scott announced that the remake will take place in Los Angeles rather than New York where the original film took place.[13] Of the remake, Scott stated, "The original Warriors was New York in the '70s, and everything went upwards, everything went vertically. And now I'm making it a contemporary thing and doing it in L.A., so everything is horizontal. So my vision of The Warriors is Los Angeles in 2007 and the gangs, instead of being 30, are going to be 3,000 or 5,000."[13] Scott met with actual gang members, including Bloods and Crips, for research.[13]

_
    That's a fvcking disgrace.

Scott is money grubbing whore

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    That's a fvcking disgrace.

Scott is money grubbing whore
    I guess you can't dig it.

That was a great flick tho.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess you can't dig it.

That was a great flick tho.

_
    "They've got one night!"

LOL. You guys have some sh!tty movies in your era.