Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeper player

Sleeper player

Bilal Powell getting first team reps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed, nice job Bilal!

All Pro
    I don't think Greene is promised anything, at least he shouldn't be.

May the best man win the job!

My vote for sleeper is Ricky Sapp. He's going to push Pace and BT for PT.

I hated this draft pick and the way he played last year (especially in Denver). Hope I was wrong and he's or third down back. I don't trust McKnight blocking blitzes.

Jets Insider VIP
    I thought this was about Hunter having narcolepsy thus explaining why he seemed to be asleep during games last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nycuse View Post
    I hated this draft pick and the way he played last year (especially in Denver). Hope I was wrong and he's or third down back. I don't trust McKnight blocking blitzes.
    I wasn't a huge fan of the pick, but you can't really get on him for last year. It's not like he had a significant body of work to criticize.

Banned
    Ellis Lancaster has been a nice sleeper thus far through training camp. Has made a name for himself as our dime back moving forward and may even challenge Kyle Wilson for some nickel reps. Time will tell, but he's also earned some first team reps, and has also been all over the football field throughout the first 4 training camp practice(s).

Also watch out for our 7th rounder in Antonio Allen. I've loved this draft selection since day one. I know he's more of a SS when compared to a FS, but when watching Allen on film, he reminds me of a younger Kerry Rhodes (before the twitter). Kid came up with (I believe) two INT's the other day. Could become the ultimate sleeper, a 7th rounder who not only makes the roster but also competes for some playing time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bilel might beat out mcknight. But hes has no shot to start over greene. Greene is in beast mode this year. Watch out!
    Last edited by Joe W. Namath; 07-30-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    I thought this was about Hunter having narcolepsy thus explaining why he seemed to be asleep during games last year.
    lmao...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zVCYdrw-1o

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Ellis Lancaster has been a nice sleeper thus far through training camp. Has made a name for himself as our dime back moving forward and may even challenge Kyle Wilson for some nickel reps. Time will tell, but he's also earned some first team reps, and has also been all over the football field throughout the first 4 training camp practice(s).
    it's Lankster, but yeah, the coaches are really high on him and he seems to be one of the "stars" of training camp early on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    it's Lankster, but yeah, the coaches are really high on him and he seems to be one of the "stars" of training camp early on.
    Wouldn't it be something else if both Maybin and Lankster turn into something nice? Buffalo fans would hate us. You're right too, he's been one of our most talked about players thus far through training camp, in a good light too.

Ellis Lancaster has been a nice sleeper thus far through training camp. Has made a name for himself
    Yeah he made a name for himself but it's not Lancaster. It's Lankster.
    Last edited by FF2; 07-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    Bilal Powell getting first team reps.
    Well, it makes sense to me. This is his second year now. You really couldn't expect much from him last season given the lack of offseason programs. But if he really wanted to compete for the starting job, which in my opinion is open competition, he should be getting first team reps. I'll be very interested to see how he does in the preseason games. RB is an area for concern with this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Heard a few good reports on Patrick Turner, I think he'll contribute for us this year

i like hearing Sapp is making plays. adds speed to the LB core.

I heard this Tebow guy is All-Bible so far.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Bilel might beat out powell. But hes has no shot to start over greene. Greene is in beast mode this year. Watch out!
    ?

Sent from my LTEvo

All League
    He better step up, or else we are SCREWED at RB.

Jets Insider VIP
    I ment bilel might beat out mcknight.

All League

Also watch out for our 7th rounder in Antonio Allen. I've loved this draft selection since day one. I know he's more of a SS when compared to a FS, but when watching Allen on film, he reminds me of a younger Kerry Rhodes (before the twitter). Kid came up with (I believe) two INT's the other day. Could become the ultimate sleeper, a 7th rounder who not only makes the roster but also competes for some playing time.

LANK-STER