Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Santonio the "scapegoat"...

Seriously, if anyone is minimizing what Holmes did to the locker room last year and stating "it was everybody" or "they were all mad" then you need to just step away from the monitor and put your head back in the sand. It was documented the ENTIRE SEASON about how fkn stupid this guy is and how he was fracturing the locker room with his bullsh!t. He doesn't get it and neither do some of you.

You don't get rid of a talent like Holmes (yes he's talented) for a 5th round pick unless there's something wrong with him. He's always been known for having a sh!tty attitude. The first picture he takes after signing a big contract is of him chugging and polishing off a bottle of Cristal. Right then and there red flags went up for a lot of people and for good reason. The kid doesn't get it. He's still bringing up the past when the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION is preaching "we've moved on." Well I guess Holmes never got that memo...

The front office made a mistake with him. That might be my opinion but it's based on a lot of known facts and prior history. You could say he was disgruntled playing under an unfair contract in Pittsburgh. Ok, well he got 50 million and made a bigger mess after the fact so that's out the window. What you're seeing now is what you're going to get. He's a distraction, he causes problems in the locker room, he quit on his team mid season, players in the huddle told him to GTFO in the middle of the game, he was benched in the final minutes of our dying season when we could have used the help.

Not a guy I'll root for. I'll be happy about the TDs. I'll wish it was someone else. I'm going to be furious everytime I see his stupid ass first down celebration regardless of whether we are getting blown out or not (once again a sign of an idiot who doesn't get it).

As I remember, Holmes, Mason, and another went to Ryan with their issues and the next day Mason was gone. Would love to know what went on in that meeting, but at the time the message seemed pretty clear to me: "shut up and do what you are told." Kind of at conflict with Ryan's Mr. nice guy image and supposed open door policy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Seriously, if anyone is minimizing what Holmes did to the locker room last year and stating "it was everybody" or "they were all mad" then you need to just step away from the monitor and put your head back in the sand. It was documented the ENTIRE SEASON about how fkn stupid this guy is and how he was fracturing the locker room with his bullsh!t. He doesn't get it and neither do some of you.

You don't get rid of a talent like Holmes (yes he's talented) for a 5th round pick unless there's something wrong with him. He's always been known for having a sh!tty attitude. The first picture he takes after signing a big contract is of him chugging and polishing off a bottle of Cristal. Right then and there red flags went up for a lot of people and for good reason. The kid doesn't get it. He's still bringing up the past when the ENTIRE ORGANIZATION is preaching "we've moved on." Well I guess Holmes never got that memo...

The front office made a mistake with him. That might be my opinion but it's based on a lot of known facts and prior history. You could say he was disgruntled playing under an unfair contract in Pittsburgh. Ok, well he got 50 million and made a bigger mess after the fact so that's out the window. What you're seeing now is what you're going to get. He's a distraction, he causes problems in the locker room, he quit on his team mid season, players in the huddle told him to GTFO in the middle of the game, he was benched in the final minutes of our dying season when we could have used the help.

Not a guy I'll root for. I'll be happy about the TDs. I'll wish it was someone else. I'm going to be furious everytime I see his stupid ass first down celebration regardless of whether we are getting blown out or not (once again a sign of an idiot who doesn't get it).

THIS.

I still don't get all the complaining by everybody in this thread, making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm well aware of what happened last year, but based on all the player feedback so far this year, Holmes has been a great teammate, yet you, others, and even the media are already complaining about him.

And last year wasn't all on Holmes, especially in the locker room. At the end of the year? Sure, ok, but you fans are doing exactly what Holmes is talking about, why is he being made a "scapegoat?"

Things don't add up, the thread earlier by the one poster who met with Holmes off the record, and didn't want to share with the board out of respect to Holmes, I'm convinced, just based on the poster's feedback that a lot went on that we don't know about, and Holmes isn't at the center of the problems or the issues took place.

Again, what Holmes did last year at the end of the year, yes, but I still interpret all of it as a very competitive player that hates to lose, that wasn't at all happy about how the offense was being run. Holmes was only the most vocal, he wasn't the only player.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I still don't get all the complaining by everybody in this thread, making a mountain out of a molehill.

I'm well aware of what happened last year, but based on all the player feedback so far this year, Holmes has been a great teammate, yet you, others, and even the media are already complaining about him.

And last year wasn't all on Holmes, especially in the locker room. At the end of the year? Sure, ok, but you fans are doing exactly what Holmes is talking about, why is he being made a "scapegoat?"

Things don't add up, the thread earlier by the one poster who met with Holmes off the record, and didn't want to share with the board out of respect to Holmes, I'm convinced, just based on the poster's feedback that a lot went on that we don't know about, and Holmes isn't at the center of the problems or the issues took place.

Again, what Holmes did last year at the end of the year, yes, but I still interpret all of it as a very competitive player that hates to lose, that wasn't at all happy about how the offense was being run. Holmes was only the most vocal, he wasn't the only player.
    So what was your explanation for him blowing off the meeting that Sanchez called prior to the Miami game ? Or ignoring Sanchez's wish to keep stuff in house and not talk to the media about it ?

The relationship started to fray early in the year, when Holmes, a team captain, made publicly critical remarks about the offense. Sanchez called a team meeting, imploring teammates to keep issues in-house, but Holmes continued to tweak the offense.

It unraveled during the final week of the season, when Holmes refused to attend after-hours classroom sessions that Sanchez had organized for the quarterbacks and receivers.
    Guess that was him just being made the scapegoat too ??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

I agree with you about Holmes this year. From the camp reports and what the coaches are saying, he is being a team guy and really helping with the young receivers. He was not the sole problem last year and I think there were many contributing factors to that debacle. He showed the most outward and public displeasure, so of course people are going to point to him and say "see, there is the problem....thats why we imploded".

The one issue I do have with Holmes is that he can not just simply give some cliche answers to questions. He has to be savvy enough to know the media is going to go to him first for quotes, and often times take things out of context, especially the print media. I would love if he would just do the Derek Jeter thing and give the reporters nothing. Eventually they will stop going to him for quotes about turmoil, and hopefully just for comments on his and the teams great play.