Players you're most interested to see in preseason games
here's my top 5:
1) Ricky Sapp - does he really have edge-rushing ability?
2) Antonio Allen/Josh Bush - Does either rookie show the ability to step in as a nickel/dime guy if Landry or Bell get injured?
3) Ellis Lankster - word on the street is he's having the best camp on the team so far. All we need is for him to replace the Drew Coleman/Strickland dime-back role. But who knows maybe he's good enough to challenge Wilson for the nickel spot.
4) Vlad Ducasse - we'll finally get to see if Rex is telling the truth about his progress
5) Bilal Powell/Joe McKnight - Someone's gonna have to keep Shonn fresh for the 4th quarter. Bilal is supposedly he's much-improved this year. McKnight has the moves and speed, and has gained weight to run inside, but he needs to put it together on a consistent basis.
Last edited by JetsCrazey; 07-31-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Far and away Marcus Dowtin. Kid is a ridiculous talent that really fell through the cracks. Had terrible work ethic and got into a fight at Georgia, but has undeniable talent. Plus he has the speed to play the "cover LB" that is so important these days.
After him....Sapp and Hayden Smith.
I cant wait to see Hill, Coples and Demario, but aside from Deamrio, I hope we dont see them too much til week 1.
This question was posed last preseason, and I'm gonna give the same answer I did then -- NO ONE matters more than Sanchez.
I know, I know -- we're talking about "diamonds in the rough", and from that point of view I agree with many of the names previously mentioned.
But just let yourself dream for a minute about a confident, accurate Sanchez coming out and looking like the QB we've all been waiting for the past 3 years -- I don't care if it's the preseason, NOTHING could possibly get me more amped than that . . .