Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will Eric Smith get Cut??

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Eric Smith is a good back up safety and special teams guy. You dont bring guys like ronnie lott off the bench. relax.
    Since when did anyone not named Al Davis pay backup Safeties $2 million?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    ...he's making 2 mil this year with no dead cap money if cut...he should be gone...
    He should be gone. That's $2 mil that could be used to sign a better player who gets cut after TC or during preseason. Or it could be used to get a cheap, effective FA who could give us depth on the OL like Vernon Carey.

Cue nut telling me nobody has the right to comment on any moves the FO ever makes because we don't have the infinite knowledge of pros like Matt Millen and Brian Schottenheimer.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 07-31-2012 at 09:19 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Then, why has nobody signed Jim Leonhard yet??
    Because he sucks and is hurt.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post

That was the worst play I've ever seen.....Given the situation

Tebow runs over Smith, OK I'm fine with that, but the pathetic angle/ non-existent change of direction speed is/was really unbelivable

Hey, I'm fine with keeping Eric Smith, just as long as its not at the expense of any young, talented DB......Throw him on specials and THAT'S IT

He is a trash safety......All of you defenders of EMith, I ask you: Out of all of the snaps he played on defense over the years, name me ONE game-changing play.....JUST ONE
    Watch Tebow all year...What happened to E Smith is not unique. Tebow's style catches guys out of position constantly, which we will enjoy this year very much. You're asking a question with him in a role he never should have been placed in. He's not a game changer. He's a hard hitter, who can stick a guy and play solid ST. That's where he belongs and where he will be this year.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Hopefully.

One of the most putrid Safeties I have ever seen in my life and I've lived thru scrubs like Sam Garnes, Scott Frost, Jon McGraw and Jimmy Leonard. How this clown has managed to even be in the NFL for this long let alone get a multi-million dollar deal and even a starting gig is a joke of an enigma that will perplex people for ages.

Great post!!!!!!I was thinking the same thing. I was horrified when I saw him on the roster last year. He needs to be cut this year. There has to a some walk on that is better than him!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Watch Tebow all year...What happened to E Smith is not unique. Tebow's style catches guys out of position constantly, which we will enjoy this year very much. You're asking a question with him in a role he never should have been placed in. He's not a game changer. He's a hard hitter, who can stick a guy and play solid ST. That's where he belongs and where he will be this year.
    The problem is Eric Smith makes every TE we face look like a pro bowler. It isn't just Tebow he made look like Gale Sayers. The guy is too f'n slow to even be an effective backup.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Leonhard and Lowery make Eric Smith look like Jamarcus Russel.