Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets recind Otah trade

Vernon Carey will be in Cortland in no time.

Veteran

^^ that's wayne in the middle with the defense running circles around him. just kidding. wayne will be the man and prove all the doubters wrong.

Big set back for Sparano's high octane offense.

The attempted trade tells me that the Jets feel the position is not strong as is, despite the bluster coming from the GM and coach. What it also means is that the Jets did a piss poor job filling one of the most important positions for the offensive scheme.

They had free agency and the draft to attempt add quality options and did not take advantage. Then they try a swing for the fences trade that does not work. Training camp is underway and the odds of the Jets improving the position in a meaningful way has gotten much smaller.

Bad job.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Vernon Carey will be in Cortland in no time.
    +1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    What it also means is that the Jets did a piss poor job filling one of the most important positions for the offensive scheme.

They had free agency and the draft to attempt add quality options and did not take advantage. Then they try a swing for the fences trade that does not work. Training camp is underway and the odds of the Jets improving the position in a meaningful way has gotten much smaller.

Bad job.
    I disagree.

There will be several RT's/OLinemen that will be released as teams get down to the 53-man rosters.

Jets don't need an All-Pro RT to be successful, all they need is an upgrade over Hunter who can play consistently.

The Jets starting RT this year is not on the current roster yet.

Jets RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYJ
    The Jets have confirmed TJeff Otah failed his physical. Trade with Panthers is voided. Otah goes bacxk to Carolina

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh well.

Back to square 1.

there goes 1/2 of our bookend tackles

I'm okay with Hunter as long as our O line coach
    aggress to wear a bullet proof vest !

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Hunter sucks but we can minimize the impact of his play by keeping a TE next to him, and using a FB to chip the edge rusher, which we didn't do much last season. Also, D'Brick was just as bad as Hunter last season, if he can bounce back that will really help.

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Jeff Otah's brief stint with the Jets is over, the Jets announced today.

The Jets traded for Otah last week to compete with Wayne Hunter for the starting right tackle job, but the trade with the Panthers for the former first-round pick was contingent upon Otah passing a physical by today. Otah failed his physical today, according to a team spokesman, and will return to Carolina.

The Jets made the trade for Otah last Monday, and he was subsequently placed on the physically unable to perform list after failing his first physical. Otah has a nagging knee injury and has missed all but four games the past two seasons.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ce=twitterfeed

Good, this only makes the team stronger. Addition by subtraction. We don't need a lazy, hurt player on our team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Hunter sucks but we can minimize the impact of his play by keeping a TE next to him, and using a FB to chip the edge rusher, which we didn't do much last season. Also, D'Brick was just as bad as Hunter last season, if he can bounce back that will really help.
    That means we limit our offense.

I'm not a fan of that approach.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    That means we limit our offense.

I'm not a fan of that approach.
    But watching the quarterback get decapitated is not limiting at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    I understand.

But I prefer to have a RT that doesn't need all that supporting help and thereby free up the TE and/or the FB to do other things.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Good, this only makes the team stronger. Addition by subtraction. We don't need another lazy, hurt player on our team.
    Fixed...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSJetsJetsJets View Post
    Of course it is. But we shouldn't be going into the season having to help our RT on every play. That is not how a team should be built. If something happens during the season then that would be OK to adjust. But to build an offense around having to help your RT, when you had ample opportunity to upgrade, is a disgrace.

I know I am assuming Hunter will suck. But there is plenty of evidence to support that.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Who pays for his plane ticket back to Carolina? I'm sure the Jets picked up the one up as he was Jets property. But now that he's Carolina property, I presume that Carolina has to pick up the tab. I hope Tanny doesn't get fleeced in this transaction.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Who pays for his plane ticket back to Carolina? I'm sure the Jets picked up the one up as he was Jets property. But now that he's Carolina property, I presume that Carolina has to pick up the tab. I hope Tanny doesn't get fleeced in this transaction.
    LOL.

Knowing Tanny. I am sure this was negotiated before hand.

What happens if this guy plays well in Carolina this year? Tanny will never live it down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Knowing Tanny. I am sure this was negotiated before hand.
    He probably amortized the plane ticket over 7 years.