Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney's Overseas "Gaffes"?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Romney's Overseas "Gaffes"?

1. Said London had issues in Olympic Preperation.

2. Said Cultural Differences may play a role in the Israeli/Palistinians relative situations.

3. His Press Secratary told a screetching media member to shove it in Poland.

So, gaffes or no, and why?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

2. Said Cultural Differences may play a role in the Israeli/Palistinians relative situations.

1. Not sure why he said that about Olympics, seems a little silly...as in who cares?

2. Courting the Jewish vote, but very ham-handed way of going about it.

3. Eh.

Romney is a decent enough candidate but his whole effort seems a little off. A little tone deaf. I've been following his advisor Eric Fehrnstrom for many years and the guy is just not in the league of a Rove. This stage may be too big for him.

Given the state of the econony, I can't believe Romney isn't up 10 points.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Given the Obama media protection, I can't believe Romney isn't down 15 points.

Fixed...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Foxed...
    now its fixed...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Not sure why he said that about Olympics, seems a little silly...as in who cares?
    The British should thank him... He actually rallied support for the games with his comments... No BS...

2. Courting the Jewish vote, but very ham-handed way of going about it.
    You see what Pelosi said in response to his courtship? loltastic...

3. Eh.
    Meh. Agree...

Romney is a decent enough candidate but his whole effort seems a little off. A little tone deaf. I've been following his advisor Eric Fehrnstrom for many years and the guy is just not in the league of a Rove. This stage may be too big for him.

Given the state of the econony, I can't believe Romney isn't up 10 points.
    It's not easy to win in a landslide against a sitting President, in case you haven't noticed but he seems to be trending upward which is a good sign for his campaign...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney is lame. I mentioned how weak the republicans were on foreign policy awhile back. Some posters here stated that it was not important.

The real issue here is that the press calls them 'gaffes'. He is clueless when it comes to diplomacy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    It's not easy to win in a landslide against a sitting President, in case you haven't noticed.
    I get that but you have to admit, the country is really in the ****ter these days.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    BIG TIME GAFFE (I'll only comment on #1).

This is a foreign affairs test for Mitt, which he got an F on immediately. If he can alienate a whole nation with his completely dumb comments right away, on his first day in that country, then I am not confident that he can stand toe to toe with leaders of the world. He just has no personal skills and can't relate to anyone. He's a robot with no feel on how to read a room and adapt.

Really sad that the Republicans can't produce anyone better. John McCain was such an infinitely better candidate.
    Last edited by MCBNY; 07-31-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get that but you have to admit, the country is really in the ****ter these days.
    It's primarily in the ****ter as a direct result of an exceptionally ignorant voting populace, so you really shouldn't look for a connection there.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    BIG TIME GAFFE (I'll only comment on #1).

This is a foreign affairs test for Mitt, which he got an F on immediately. If he can alienate a whole nation with his completely dumb comments right away, on his first day in that country, then I am not confident that he can stand toe to toe with leaders of the world.
    I would disagree completely that Romney's comments were, in the facts, dumb.

100% accurate is more like it.

Doesn't mean he should have said them, mind. But in terms of London/UK having some major issues with this Olympics, he's quite correct.

And lol at "McCain was better". The only thing McCain was good for was the Democrat Party. He was horrible from start to finish. Romney looks (to me) to be a ner clone of McCain....so much so I'm waiting for him to nominate some obvious-pandering Hard-Right Christian Hispanic Woman no one has ever heard of and who is completely unprepared for the VP job.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would disagree completely that Romney's comments were, in the facts, dumb.

100% accurate is more like it.

Doesn't mean he should have said them, mind. But in terms of London/UK having some major issues with this Olympics, he's quite correct.

And lol at "McCain was better". The only thing McCain was good for was the Democrat Party. He was horrible from start to finish. Romney looks (to me) to be a ner clone of McCain....so much so I'm waiting for him to nominate some obvious-pandering Hard-Right Christian Hispanic Woman no one has ever heard of and who is completely unprepared for the VP job.
    You can say something that's 100% true and accurate but still mind-numbingly stupid at the same time. As a prospective POTUS, he needs to have more of a filter on what he says. Do you think Mitt helped his candidacy by saying what he did while in London?

McCain had experience governing at the federal level. Much more. His credentials were better and he is a much better person than Romney the snake. McCain was one of the most admirable soldiers America has ever seen. Just all around better as a person/candidate.

For the record, I think both McCain and Romney kinda suck. It's just I think Romney is infinitely worse. Shows you what I think of Mitt-bot.
    Last edited by MCBNY; 07-31-2012 at 01:38 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can say something that's 100% true and accurate but still mind-numbingly stupid at the same time. As a prospective POTUS, he needs to have more of a filter on what he says. Do you think Mitt helped his candidacy by saying what he did while in London?
    Agreed, and no, I don't. Of the three, this is the least understandable "gaffe" as it just didn't need said.

McCain had experience governing at the federal level. Much more. His credentials were better and he is a much better person than Romney the snake. McCain was one of the most admirable soldiers America has ever seen. Just all around better as a person/candidate.
    Spoken exactly how I'd expect a liberal to speak on McCain. He was, and almost is again, the Liberals favorite "moderate" (R).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, and no, I don't. Of the three, this is the least understandable "gaffe" as it just didn't need said.

Spoken exactly how I'd expect a liberal to speak on McCain. He was, and almost is again, the Liberals favorite "moderate" (R).
    hahahahaha - very true

I was just thinking Mitt's got some Santonio in him with the lack of filter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't recall seeing anywhere near the same level of admiration from liberals in 2008. Suddenly, he's the good guy.

I don't view this series of Romney "gaffes" as a big deal to be quite honest. For the most part, they are harmless and don't really play any significant role in determining his potential effectiveness as President.

Although Romney needs to be more conscious about what he says publicly, it's actually a breath of fresh air to hear some honesty instead of a programmed PC response.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I don't recall seeing anywhere near the same level of admiration from liberals in 2008. Suddenly, he's the good guy.

I don't see this series of Romney "gaffes" as a big deal to be quite honest. For the most part, they are harmless and don't really play any significant role in determining his effectiveness as President.

Although Romney needs to be more conscious about what he says publicly, it's actually a breath of fresh air to hear some honesty instead of a programmed PC response.
    There's a time and a place for refreshing honesty. This wasn't one of them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a time and a place for refreshing honesty. This wasn't one of them.
    I guess so. In your mind, what exactly is the right time and place?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course not. Common sense. 'nuff said.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I guess so. In your mind, what exactly is the right time and place?
    John McCain absolutely slamming Michele Bachmann last week was refreshing and honest. That was perfect.

I <3 John McCain

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I've been spayed...
    now you're fixed...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

For the record, I think both McCain and Romney kinda suck. It's just I think Romney is infinitely worse. Shows you what I think of Mitt-bot.
    A filter. Like "Polish Death Camps"? "If your business is successful, you had help"?

Those kinds of filters?