Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney's Overseas "Gaffes"?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    A filter. Like "Polish Death Camps"? "If your business is successful, you had help"?

Those kinds of filters?
    Dude probably has family and friends still camped out in an OWS tent...

Educated liberals bother me... Uneducated, nonsensical, rainbows and puppies liberals are utterly reprehensible...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It's primarily in the ****ter as a direct result of an exceptionally ignorant voting populace, so you really shouldn't look for a connection there.
    Well, seeing how we are a democracy, where else should I look?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Dude probably has family and friends still camped out in an OWS tent...

Educated liberals bother me... Uneducated, nonsensical, rainbows and puppies liberals are utterly reprehensible...
    +1 Gaffes? Please. All liberal media generated garbage. The media is holding on the the dream of hope and change and leg tingles while the most incompetent POTUS in history makes like an Italian Cruise Ship Captain and steers our Country into the rocks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    +1 Gaffes? Please. All liberal media generated garbage.
    Yeah!

Look at the multitude of threads that the resident libtards here started about this "non-issue".

Fuqing liberals. *spits*

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I don't recall seeing anywhere near the same level of admiration from liberals in 2008. Suddenly, he's the good guy.
    See the same thing these days from the right when it comes to Bill Clinton. Same people that were claiming he had Vince Foster killed are now wishing they had him over Obama.

I don't view this series of Romney "gaffes" as a big deal to be quite honest. For the most part, they are harmless and don't really play any significant role in determining his potential effectiveness as President.

Although Romney needs to be more conscious about what he says publicly, it's actually a breath of fresh air to hear some honesty instead of a programmed PC response.
    These "gaffes" are more a product of media hype. In fact, I've heard Obama put his foot in his mouth quite a bit more, and with much more force lately.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess so. In your mind, what exactly is the right time and place?
    Isn't it obvious this is the kind of person that is going to have disdain for any words that come out of Romney's mouth?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Well, seeing how we are a democracy, where else should I look?
    1) We are not a democracy

2) I already told you where to look in the previous post

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    1. Not sure why he said that about Olympics, seems a little silly...as in who cares?

2. Courting the Jewish vote, but very ham-handed way of going about it.

3. Eh.

Romney is a decent enough candidate but his whole effort seems a little off. A little tone deaf. I've been following his advisor Eric Fehrnstrom for many years and the guy is just not in the league of a Rove. This stage may be too big for him.

Given the state of the econony, I can't believe Romney isn't up 10 points.
    I loved what he said in Israel. I agree on your assessment of the economy. The election is tied when it should be a rout. I think there are two reasons for that. First the media coverage has (as usual) been very one sided. I also dont think the majority of folks really pay attention to presidential elections until the conventions and debates. I am looking for a bounce in the polls for Mitt after the GOP convention and another after the debates.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see (politically and idealisticly) criticism for Romney on #1 and #2. I may not agree, but I can see room for debate.

#3 simply confuses me after hearing the audio of what happened in Poland.

Romney is there, at a memorial at a Tomb of an Unknown Soldier, paying respect to one of our better Allies tbqfh. It's a solemn service, rather quiet and respectful.....and this screetching media woman is screaming at the top of her lungs at Romney to "explain his gaffes", as is some other male reporter (less loud, but may have simply been camera distance).

It was a horrible example of American Media at it's very worst. Disrespectful of Poland, Romney and the memorial.

Yet I'm hearing the fact that Romney's press guy telling them to pipe down is a "Romney Gaffe".

I just don't get it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I can see (politically and idealisticly) criticism for Romney on #1 and #2. I may not agree, but I can see room for debate.

Romney is there, at a memorial at a Tomb of an Unknown Soldier, paying respect to one of our better Allies tbqfh. It's a solemn service, rather quiet and respectful.....and this screetching media woman is screaming at the top of her lungs at Romney to "explain his gaffes", as is some other male reporter (less loud, but may have simply been camera distance).

It was a horrible example of American Media at it's very worst. Disrespectful of Poland, Romney and the memorial.

Yet I'm hearing the fact that Romney's press guy telling them to pipe down is a "Romney Gaffe".

I just don't get it.
    At least it didn't happen at one of those Polish death camps.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

I just don't get it.
    Based on your description, I don't see anything wrong. To be honest, I hadn't heard about this "gaffe," but admittedly, I've been tuning out most political commentary recently.

In any case, good for Romney's team to shut down such a disrespectful outburst.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been tuning out most political commentary recently.
    Probably not a bad idea, same as what I'm doing about Jets Training Camp Melodrama. As if I need to hear what Santonio Holmes thinks, or how Tebow looks with his shirt off.

For Politics, wait for the debates.

For the Jets, wait till Pre-Season Game #1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Romney is lame. I mentioned how weak the republicans were on foreign policy awhile back. Some posters here stated that it was not important.

The real issue here is that the press calls them 'gaffes'. He is clueless when it comes to diplomacy
    What has Obama accoplised in foreign policy. Afghanistan a joke, Egypt a disaster, Lybia a disaster, Syria more then a dsaster and Iran laughs at Obama.
    So tell me what has he accomplished?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Yes. He should've just said, "I don't know, I'm not planning these Olympics." And if he wanted to sound more positive, he could've added something to effect of "But we know the British are up to the task".

2. No. Just ignore every Presidential candidate about Israel. America has the exact same policy on Israel regardless of what candidates from either party say in each election. Ron Paul is the only guy in all the primaries from 08-12 that would've done anything differently.

3. Not in the slightest.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Considering the Congressional rout in 2010 occurred w/ a total MSM blackout, (D)-oversubscribed polls showing a tie or Romney +5 should be
    construed as Romney +10 or more

What phrase is resonating most these days out on the hustings?

0's alleged possible relation to the Alpha Slave?

Romney's 100% right-on foreign observations aka lib-interpreted gaffes?

"You didn't build that".

Hopefully for the cognoscenti as well as the simple-minded and crypto-liberal alike that will be B. Hussein's political epitaph.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Considering the Congressional rout in 2010 occurred w/ a total MSM blackout, (D)-oversubscribed polls showing a tie or Romney +5 should be
    construed as Romney +10 or more

What phrase is resonating most these days out on the hustings?

Romney's 100% right-on foreign observations aka lib-interpreted gaffes?

"You didn't build that".

Hopefully for the cognoscenti as well as the simple-minded and crypto-liberal alike that will be B. Hussein's political epitaph.
    Rassmussen is the most realistic pollster out there. They use a D+2 sample of likely voters. Romney has consistently been ahead in that poll between 1-4 points nationally. The election is close at the moment. The media is in an all out assault on Romney, while Obama has been outspending Romney by a 3-1 margin in swing state advertising. Once the conventions are over the majority of folks that only somewhat pay attention to politics will become engaged.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Suprised no one posted that in here yet.

Obama related to America's first slave

By David Jackson, USA TODAY

Updated 1d 3h ago

By Charles Dharapak, AP

The folks at Ancestry.com have an interesting new take on President Obama's family tree.

The nation's first African-American president may be descended from America's first documented slave.

After years of research, Ancestry.com has determined that Obama is the 11th great-grandson of John Punch, the first documented slave in American history.

"Two of the most historically significant African Americans in the history of our country are amazingly directly related," said Ancestry.com genealogist Joseph Shumway.

Ancestry.com also points out that "remarkably, the connection was made through President Obama's Caucasian mother's side of the family."

John Punch, an indentured servant in Colonial Virginia, was punished for trying to escape in 1640 by being declared a slave for life -- the first documented case of slavery.

More from Ancestry.com:

President Obama is traditionally viewed as an African-American because of his father's heritage in Kenya. However, while researching his Caucasian mother, Stanley Ann Dunham's lineage, Ancestry.com genealogists found her to have African heritage as well, which piqued the researchers' interest and inspired further digging into Obama's African-American roots.

In tracing the family back from Obama's mother, Ancestry.com used DNA analysis to learn that her ancestors, known as white landowners in Colonial Virginia, actually descended from an African man. Existing records suggest that this man, John Punch, had children with a white woman who then passed her free status on to their offspring. Punch's descendants went on to be free, successful land owners in a Virginia entrenched in slavery.

An expert in Southern research and past president of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, Elizabeth Shown Mills, performed a third-party review of the research and documentation to verify the findings.

"In reviewing Ancestry.com's conclusions, I weighed not only the actual findings but also Virginia's laws and social attitudes when John Punch was living," said Mills. "A careful consideration of the evidence convinces me that the Y-DNA evidence of African origin is indisputable, and the surviving paper trail points solely to John Punch as the logical candidate.

Genealogical research on individuals who lived hundreds of years ago can never definitively prove that one man fathered another, but this research meets the highest standards and can be offered with confidence."
    What I find most interesting is this:

Punch's descendants went on to be free, successful land owners in a Virginia entrenched in slavery.
    One is forced to wonder.....did the decendants of the first slave, Obama's Ancestors, themselves own slaves as "successful land owners in a Virginia entrenched in Slavery".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Obama has been outspending Romney by a 3-1 margin in swing state advertising.
    Is that true?

Based on my own personal anecdotal evidence in CO, it's been pretty even in terms of frequency of TV ads.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suprised no one posted that in here yet.
    You shouldn't be.

Flush said that Obama's slave ancestry and Romney's gaffes are the MOST talked about thing among liberals.

What does that make you and him since you both are the first ones to mention these things?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is that true?

Based on my own personal anecdotal evidence in CO, it's been pretty even in terms of frequency of TV ads.
    Absolutely. The Obama team has been on a spending binge the past few months. The strategy was to hit Romney before he got a chance to get their bearings after the primary win.