Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64

Thread: Braylon Edwards signs with Seahawks

  1. #41
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You guys are rich. "hey, no way braylon - his stats last year!" but Schilens... i mean that guy, he tore it up. with his 1 reception and mr.glass body.


    Is it a coincidence the same poeple who think Hill is an automatic #2 week one, those same folks spend NEXT TO NO TIME in the draft forum?



    How about you captain crunch? You don't know a god damn thing about college ball, but hey - as soon as that a$$hole puts on a Jets jersey, you know what time he takes his daily deuce, hey?


    Hill is going to take some time to develop you guys. Get used to that notion. He's a situational player in year #1. Braylon would have taken more snaps. Chaz will eclipse the sun i'm sure at some point this offseason, but he'll catch a butterfly in the knee and be pronounced dead on the scene.
    I am with you. I just think that if you had a guy like Braylon there to help bring along a rookie, you have a much stronger WR corp. I remember when we were discussing drafting Floyd and the possible combinations you could have with the rookie on one side, Braylon on the other and Holmes and Kerley in the slot if they went 4 wide. It would have given them depth at a position of need and taken a ton of pressure off the rookie. I am not sure how you can depend on Schillens being a solid contributor for an entire season, when he has never done it before. Oh well, its all a moot point now.

  2. #42
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    6,339
    Post Thanks / Like
    To chime on the Chaz or Braylon question, in 2012 I'd rather have Chaz. Both are equal injury risks at this juncture but Chaz is younger and fits the mold of his role better in our offense.

    And not for nothing we already have Tebow here. Bringing Braylon into the role he would assume would just add more pressure to play Braylon. We don't need any more of that kind on nonsense on offense.

    Braylon wouldn't have contributed enough to take on the side show and we don't need him.

    I'd rather see how things shape up in camp and if needed go out and grab a vet WR to assume a role deeper on the depth chart. Let the guys we have fight it out for the slot position see who wins and let the other chips fall where they may.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edwards > Schilens

    Anyone who says otherwise is either an insanely blind homer or talking out of the 4th point of contact. Bray haters can talk all they want about him not producing last season in Frisco and getting hurt - WTF? is Schilens ever done besides not produce and get hurt?



    However, I still think Holmes/Hill/Keller/Kerley is a good group of receivers for Mark to work with.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Edwards > Schilens

    Anyone who says otherwise is either an insanely blind homer or talking out of the 4th point of contact. Bray haters can talk all they want about him not producing last season in Frisco and getting hurt - WTF? is Schilens ever done besides not produce and get hurt?



    However, I still think Holmes/Hill/Keller/Kerley is a good group of receivers for Mark to work with.
    So, are you saying our front office is an insanely blind homer? Because the last time I checked, our front office wanted nothing to do with Edwards and instead, not only drafted Stephen Hill but also signed Chaz Schilens during the offseason. If Tanny and our coaching staff wanted Braylon Edwards, he's be a Jet right now.

    So, are you considering our front office to be insane blind homers all because they looked elsewhere when compared to a dime a dozen WR in Braylon Edwards, who's never been anything above average to begin with? Maybe you're the only blind Braylon Edwards lover/homer around here...

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Says who you?

    BE couldn't hold the 3rd spot on a team that was desperate for offense last year and then was injured. But people fail to realize he sucked before he was injured. You don't even know if he could make a teams roster, never mind become a 2 over Hill.

    Wake up, it's not 2010.
    Ugh, even when he played he was injured. Alex Smith also can't get the ball down the field.

    When healthy, he's still better than Holmes.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    So, are you saying our front office is an insanely blind homer? Because the last time I checked, our front office wanted nothing to do with Edwards and instead, not only drafted Stephen Hill but also signed Chaz Schilens during the offseason. If Tanny and our coaching staff wanted Braylon Edwards, he's be a Jet right now.

    So, are you considering our front office to be insane blind homers all because they looked elsewhere when compared to a dime a dozen WR in Braylon Edwards, who's never been anything above average to begin with? Maybe you're the only blind Braylon Edwards lover/homer around here...
    2007?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    2007?
    Exactly. One season of very good performance. He actually put up 80 receptions, 1,289 receiving yards, 57 first down receptions and 16 TD receptions. Mind you, that was 5 years ago.

    But guess what? Outside of 2007, he's been a dime a dozen and/or below average type of NFL wide receiver. He's been a flash in the pan (2007) one hit type of wonder.

    Outside of 2007; he's only averaged 43.5 receptions, 672.3 receiving yards, 31.3 first down receptions and 3.8 TD receptions per season.

    Once again, outside of 2007; he's been nothing more than a dime a dozen, below average type of NFL WR with a history of "the drops".

    Is this where we congratulate Braylon Edwards for one very good season, which was 5 years ago, followed by nothing else but mediocre production throughout the entire course of his career?

  8. #48
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you guys have pointed it out.

    Why would there be Braylon haters? He gave the Jets the closet thing to a true #1 since Keyshawn. He did his work in the run game and then some. Beasted cornebacks in both years of the playoffs.

    Played like a ****ing JET through and through.

    Best of luck to Braylon Edwards in Seattle if healthy he will be the best receiver on that team.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You guys are rich. "hey, no way braylon - his stats last year!" but Schilens... i mean that guy, he tore it up. with his 1 reception and mr.glass body.


    Is it a coincidence the same poeple who think Hill is an automatic #2 week one, those same folks spend NEXT TO NO TIME in the draft forum?



    How about you captain crunch? You don't know a god damn thing about college ball, but hey - as soon as that a$$hole puts on a Jets jersey, you know what time he takes his daily deuce, hey?


    Hill is going to take some time to develop you guys. Get used to that notion. He's a situational player in year #1. Braylon would have taken more snaps. Chaz will eclipse the sun i'm sure at some point this offseason, but he'll catch a butterfly in the knee and be pronounced dead on the scene.
    Your overall point is 100% CORRECT!!!

    The same folks who are penciling Hill in for the HOF before he has played a down in the NFL are the same ones who will be tearing him down saying he was a "wasted" pick all because he didn't live up to their outrageous expectations from the start!!

    In many ways it is the same thing that happened with Sanchez and it is fantasy football run amuck.

    Rookies are rookies for a reason......

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,284
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    So, are you saying our front office is an insanely blind homer? Because the last time I checked, our front office wanted nothing to do with Edwards and instead, not only drafted Stephen Hill but also signed Chaz Schilens during the offseason. If Tanny and our coaching staff wanted Braylon Edwards, he's be a Jet right now.

    So, are you considering our front office to be insane blind homers all because they looked elsewhere when compared to a dime a dozen WR in Braylon Edwards, who's never been anything above average to begin with? Maybe you're the only blind Braylon Edwards lover/homer around here...
    I like our FO but to act like the Jets haven't been bone headed or ignorant in their approach to procuring players at times is beyond silly. Just think of Adrien Clark and our OL and now Hunter, yes our FO is good but they are hardly infalliable....

    Finally, Limo pointed out to me in another thread that the Jets were never going to bring back Edwards for undisclosed none football related reasons which have never come out and since I trust Limo that ended the discussion concerning Edwards for me.

  11. #51
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    Antonio Bryant and Braylon Edwards?

    Ladies and gentleman, your 2009 Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks!

  12. #52
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,654
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Exactly. One season of very good performance. He actually put up 80 receptions, 1,289 receiving yards, 57 first down receptions and 16 TD receptions. Mind you, that was 5 years ago.

    But guess what? Outside of 2007, he's been a dime a dozen and/or below average type of NFL wide receiver. He's been a flash in the pan (2007) one hit type of wonder.

    Outside of 2007; he's only averaged 43.5 receptions, 672.3 receiving yards, 31.3 first down receptions and 3.8 TD receptions per season.

    Once again, outside of 2007; he's been nothing more than a dime a dozen, below average type of NFL WR with a history of "the drops".

    Is this where we congratulate Braylon Edwards for one very good season, which was 5 years ago, followed by nothing else but mediocre production throughout the entire course of his career?
    Why do you keep harking back years and years ago. Edwards in 28 games with the jets, with Sanchez throwing him the ball. got 1500 yds, 11 TDs.and averaged about 16 yds a play. What a player did or not do when he was injured has no bearing, especially when you have a history of performance within the same parameters. If healthy those are the numbers you can expect, if you believe Schillins can best those stats and is more likely that Edwards to last the season fine. Just state that and not stats the a guy did years ago with another team and another qb.

    Such as in other threads you constantly point to holmes production in Pitt with a better qb, in a different offense that took place 3 years ago.

    His injury history is much better than Schillens.

    Why do you think he would have returned to the jets if they asked, I thought he left with plenty of bad blood over them picking Holmes.

  13. #53
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    That's funny, especially considering the fact that Braylon Edwards just had an injury plagued season, and even during the 9 games that he did play in, he could only combine for 15 receptions, 181 yards and 0 TD's.

    Also, lets not forget the fact that outside of only one, and I repeat one breakout season back in 2007 (5 years ago) Braylon Edwards has been nothing more than a dime a dozen type of NFL WR.

    He's had seasons of only 15, 32, 45, 53, 55 and 61 receptions.

    He's had seasons of only 0, 3, 3, 4, 6 and 7 TD receptions.

    He's just never been anything special. Below average to above average at the very best. No chance Edwards started over Hill.

    There is no chance in hell that a WR who's 29 years old in Edwards, coming off an injury plagued season, as a shell of what he once was during the 2007 season would EVER start over a 21 year old kid who's 6'4, blazing fast 4.3 flat type of speed, top of the line, more like outstanding jumping/leaping ability, a true deep threat who led the entire Nation in average yards per receptions, ranked as the Countries #2 run blocking wide out coming out of college with all the potential/ability to become a red zone monster/freak of nature. No chance Edwards would have been able to start over that, none what so ever.

    Wake up man.
    Statz and more staz.

    Statz Wins Championships.

  14. #54
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Says who you?

    BE couldn't hold the 3rd spot on a team that was desperate for offense last year and then was injured. But people fail to realize he sucked before he was injured. You don't even know if he could make a teams roster, never mind become a 2 over Hill.

    Wake up, it's not 2010.
    LOL.

    2010 WAS right before he was injured.

    So which is it?

  15. #55
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No, stats prove Edwards is better.

    Hills total career yards = 0
    Edwards total = 5,323 yards

    It's not even close!
    This guy gets it.

  16. #56
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I like our FO but to act like the Jets haven't been bone headed or ignorant in their approach to procuring players at times is beyond silly. Just think of Adrien Clark and our OL and now Hunter, yes our FO is good but they are hardly infalliable....

    Finally, Limo pointed out to me in another thread that the Jets were never going to bring back Edwards for undisclosed none football related reasons which have never come out and since I trust Limo that ended the discussion concerning Edwards for me.
    Bravo Charlie Brown! Exactly.

    Our FO didn't address the problems on the OL last season and so far haven't done much of anything in that regard so far this off-season. They also let Hartsock go and went with Matthew Mulligan and stayed with Matthew Mulligan the entire season as he committed drive killing penalty after drive killing penalty. And in a CRUCIAL year for Mark Sanchez, they have surrounded him with one veteran WR, a rookie WR, and 2nd year WR and a WR who has yet to prove he can stay healthy enough to be on the field (and has already been held out of a practice due to injury).

    Mark my words, if the FO does not bring in another solid veteran WR, this will be a very long season.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Bravo Charlie Brown! Exactly.

    Our FO didn't address the problems on the OL last season and so far haven't done much of anything in that regard so far this off-season. They also let Hartsock go and went with Matthew Mulligan and stayed with Matthew Mulligan the entire season as he committed drive killing penalty after drive killing penalty. And in a CRUCIAL year for Mark Sanchez, they have surrounded him with one veteran WR, a rookie WR, and 2nd year WR and a WR who has yet to prove he can stay healthy enough to be on the field (and has already been held out of a practice due to injury).

    Mark my words, if the FO does not bring in another solid veteran WR, this will be a very long season.
    Schillens is already injured, no surprise there. This Wr group could get real ugly if Schillens and Kerley miss time.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

    There is no chance in hell that a WR who's 29 years old in Edwards, coming off an injury plagued season, as a shell of what he once was during the 2007 season would EVER start over a 21 year old kid who's 6'4, blazing fast 4.3 flat type of speed, top of the line, more like outstanding jumping/leaping ability, a true deep threat who led the entire Nation in average yards per receptions, ranked as the Countries #2 run blocking wide out coming out of college with all the potential/ability to become a red zone monster/freak of nature. No chance Edwards would have been able to start over that, none what so ever.
    Do you post stupid things in every single post?

    Hill would have absolutely no chance whatsoever of starting over Edwards.

    You act like Hill is the next coming of Jerry Rice when he hasn't even played one down of NFL football.

    Hill could just as easily become Chad Jackson II.

  19. #59
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,874
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you post stupid things in every single post?

    Hill would have absolutely no chance whatsoever of starting over Edwards.

    You act like Hill is the next coming of Jerry Rice when he hasn't even played one down of NFL football.

    Hill could just as easily become Chad Jackson II.
    He can't respond. He's banned. I wonder what he's doing right now?

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    He can't respond. He's banned. I wonder what he's doing right now?
    He is taking notes so that the second his ban is lifted, he will respond with a ton of stats to refute anything logical that people may say.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us