Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards signs with Seahawks

Veteran

Braylon Edwards signs with Seahawks

per rotoworld.com

Seahawks signed WR Braylon Edwards to a one-year deal.
    The deal was first reported by Seattle 950's Dave Mahler. Unable to work out for teams as he rehabbed from the knee injury that limited him to nine games and 15 catches for the 49ers last season, Edwards' market came together fairly quickly after he proved his health. His hands and knee are obvious concerns, but Edwards could be an intriguing deep threat for the Seahawks if his legs are back underneath him. Edwards won't be guaranteed a roster spot until he proves his health in preseason games, but his signing isn't good news for Golden Tate and Ben Obomanu.

Let's put the rumors to rest please.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Any chance we try and trade for him?

Jets Insider VIP
    I hope everyone is still laughing when reality sets in and Holmes and Hill are the only WR's able to make catches.

Because so far, the WR situation hasn't sounded very promising.

All Pro
    Good for him.

I wish him all the best, he was a key part to our success in 09/10.

Jets Insider VIP
    Now we do not have to hear about edwards again. or until he gets cut from the seahawks which will probably be pretty soon. Rice, baldwin and tate are all better then him. So if everyone stays healthy, he will be a camp cut.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sidney Rice is better than a LOT of WR's.

Problem is, he's missed more games due to injury in the last 2 years than has LaRon Landry.

Are you feeling warm and fuzzy about the current Jets WR's?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Now we do not have to hear about edwards again. or until he gets cut from the seahawks which will probably be pretty soon. Rice, baldwin and tate are all better then him. So if everyone stays healthy, he will be a camp cut.
    Thats a foolish statement Sidney Rice had one good season and that was because of Brett Favre. Rice has never even started all 16 games in a season his entire career Braylon is better then Rice by light years.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    :facepalm:

Let it go.

Banned
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet Braylon Edwards fails to put up anything more than 38 receptions, 400 yards and 3 TD's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet Braylon Edwards fails to put up anything more than 38 receptions, 400 yards and 3 TD's.
    I'll take that. That's better than what Kerley put up last year.

Veteran

Arrow

Good luck to BE. Played his ass off for us.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'll take that. That's better than what Kerley put up last year.

You'd take that? For a #2 WR? Nice to know.

You do that Kerley was what, a 5th round rookie who was thrown into the fire during I believe week 5? And you would take 38 receptions, 400 yards and 3 TD's from a veteran #2 WR? What a joke.

I'm sorry, but I'm going with Stephen Hill as our #2 wide receiver when compared and/or over (this) Braylon Edwards any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Braylon Edwards still has a long ways to go in regards to just making it out of preseason.

While fans such as yourself, Jordy, continue to drool over a dime a dozen WR in Braylon Edwards (who's coming off an injury plagued season), I'll continue to support a 21 year old rookie in Stephen Hill who's already shown a boat load of ability/talent, a 6'4 athlete who's blessed with blazing fast 4.3 flat type of speed, top of the line jumping/leaping ability, led the Nation in average yards per reception, a true deep threat, ranked as the Countries #2 run blocking wide out coming out of college, our 2nd round draft selection and last but not least; has all the makings of a red-zone monster.

Good luck with your Braylon Edwards love-fest

Jets Insider VIP

You'd take that? For a #2 WR? Nice to know.

You do that Kerley was what, a 5th round rookie who was thrown into the fire during I believe week 5? And you would take 38 receptions, 400 yards and 3 TD's from a veteran #2 WR? What a joke.

I'm sorry, but I'm going with Stephen Hill as our #2 wide receiver when compared and/or over (this) Braylon Edwards any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Braylon Edwards still has a long ways to go in regards to just making it out of preseason.

While fans such as yourself, Jordy, continue to drool over a dime a dozen WR in Braylon Edwards (who's coming off an injury plagued season), I'll continue to support a 21 year old rookie in Stephen Hill who's already shown a boat load of ability/talent, a 6'4 athlete who's blessed with blazing fast 4.3 flat type of speed, top of the line jumping/leaping ability, led the Nation in average yards per reception, a true deep threat, ranked as the Countries #2 run blocking wide out coming out of college, our 2nd round draft selection and last but not least; has all the makings of a red-zone monster.

Good luck with your Braylon Edwards love-fest
    Did I say a #2? Is Kerley a #2? I compared the numbers to Kerley right?

Do you have reading comprehension problems along with your verbosity issue?

Banned
    Did I say a #2? Is Kerley a #2? I compared the numbers to Kerley right?

Do you have reading comprehension problems along with your verbosity issue?
    Kerley is our slot WR, so why would you mention Kerley's name when mentioning Braylon Edwards?

So, in other words... You'd take Braylon Edwards over Stephen Hill.

Nice to know, I'll be sure to bump this thread (bookmarked now) as Hill becomes a stand-out rookie while Braylon Edwards struggles to compete moving forward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Let's put the rumors to rest please.
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I lol'd!

Jets Insider VIP
    Kerley is our slot WR, so why would you mention Kerley's name when mentioning Braylon Edwards?

So, in other words... You'd take Braylon Edwards over Stephen Hill.

Nice to know, I'll be sure to bump this thread (bookmarked now) as Hill becomes a stand-out rookie while Braylon Edwards struggles to compete moving forward.
    I never mentioned Stephen Hill yet you have found a way to insert his name into my mouth twice now.

You win the internet!!!!

I don't understand the Braylon Edwards hate on this site AT ALL? Braylon played hard and came up big when we needed him and more importantly when things went bad HE STAYED SHUT. On behalf of logical thinking Jet fans we miss you Braylon good luck in Seattle look forward seeing you november 11.

Banned
    I never mentioned Stephen Hill yet you have found a way to insert his name into my mouth twice now.

You win the internet!!!!
    So, if you're not talking about replacing Hill with Edwards as our #2 WR... You must be talking about having Braylon Edwards agree to being nothing more than a #4 WR (because we all know he's not a slot WR) without becoming a locker room cancer due to rarely seeing the field?

What world are you living in Jordy? Braylon Edwards agreeing to become the Jets #4 WR behind Holmes, Hill and Kerley? Because lets be honest here... You weren't talking about replacing Hill with Edwards, were you? And lets be honest here... You're not trying to act as if Edwards could replace Kerley as a slot wr? Were you? So, you're saying that Edwards would become a 'good boy' as our 4th WR? That's what you've been saying? Nice to know.

Hall Of Fame
    So, if you're not talking about replacing Hill with Edwards as our #2 WR... You must be talking about having Braylon Edwards agree to being nothing more than a #4 WR (because we all know he's not a slot WR) without becoming a locker room cancer due to rarely seeing the field?

What world are you living in Jordy? Braylon Edwards agreeing to become the Jets #4 WR behind Holmes, Hill and Kerley? Because lets be honest here... You weren't talking about replacing Hill with Edwards, were you? And lets be honest here... You're not trying to act as if Edwards could replace Kerley as a slot wr? Were you? So, you're saying that Edwards would become a 'good boy' as our 4th WR? That's what you've been saying? Nice to know.
    I would take him over Schillens.