Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cromartie: Iím the second-best receiver on the*Jets

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Cro, just because you're the 2nd biggest moron on the team behind Holmes, that does not make you the #2 receiver.
    This made me LOL

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Gotta love delusional Jets fans.

Holmes is nothing more than a glorified slot receiver who runs crappy routes, Hill has never caught an NFL pass and has only 38 receptions in his entire college career, Schillens sprains his wrist taking a leak and Patrick Turner has 10 friggn' receptions in two years.

Yea, the Jets are absolutely loaded at WR.
    Gotta love delusional Patriot fans the "glorified" slot reciver despite having the worst year of his career managed to grab 8 touchdowns 1 less then your best reciver. Lloyd is old and was never fast to begin with against a half decent secondary he gets no where. Branch LOL he'll be lucky to be on the roster by next year. Who else you got Edelman is punt returner and crap cornerback he had 4 catches last season. Jets wrs are young talented and hungry. For the Patriots sake you better hope nothing happens to Gronk and Hernandez.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 07-31-2012 at 04:38 PM.

All League
    I don't see anything wrong

hill is a rookie
    kerley is struggling this offseason and still developing
    schilens has never been healthy enough to prove anything

cro could be our second best wr if he was out there. He is a beast athletically

Hall Of Fame
    No wonder ESPN is still out at Cortland even though there is no practice today.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

I like Cromartie but his comments are kinda disrespectful towards the other receivers. And there's a lot more to playing WR than route running - beating press coverage, blocking and catching the ball consistently

Hall Of Fame
    What does that say for the Jets receivers?
    Still superior to the PASTS.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    I like Cromartie but his comments are kinda disrespectful towards the other receivers. And there's a lot more to playing WR than route running - beating press coverage, blocking and catching the ball consistently
    He knows how to beat coverages hes a cb he studies coverages all day everyday i see it as being a good thing playing him reciver. Look at the int in 2010 on Brady where he was covering Moss he looked like the receiver on that play.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    He knows how to beat coverages hes a cb he studies coverages all day everyday i see it as being a good thing playing him reciver. Look at the int in 2010 on Brady where he was covering Moss he looked like the receiver on that play.
    I don't think he can beat a press at the LOS, not physical enough. But either way, Cromartie isn't better than Stephen Hill. And to go further, why even make the comment? Not a huge deal but I just didn't care for it.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't think he can beat a press at the LOS, not physical enough. But either way, Cromartie isn't better than Stephen Hill. And to go further, why even make the comment? Not a huge deal but I just didn't care for it.
    I agree. WHY say it? Even if you think it, it is disrespectful to your team mates. I know some of these guys are not rocket scientists, but you would think they have a little common sense.

All League
    Another ****ING IDIOT. This team is headed down the drain with people like this running the show...this team is filled with ****ing no class, no character claimers who don't have a third grade ****ing education. Just a matter of time til we blow this thing up and start from scratch...Holmes, Cro, Revis....on and on and on...

Practice Squad
    True I don't think they'll put him out there against any half decent cbs. However im going on record saying he beats Mccourty deep on thanksgiving

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Another ****ING IDIOT. This team is headed down the drain with people like this running the show...this team is filled with ****ing no class, no character claimers who don't have a third grade ****ing education. Just a matter of time til we blow this thing up and start from scratch...Holmes, Cro, Revis....on and on and on...
    Hope you have your flame suit equipped.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    I mean Im not toally annoyed by it...I more annoyed that is comes down to this.

just like im sure you wre annoyed when Edelman started playing corner...
    I was frustrated, not annoyed. Butler busting, Dowling on IR for the year, Bodden needing off season surgery and not getting it which led to him getting cut. McCourty picked a great year to get the sophomore slump.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... all cro needs to do is look at the shape of the football as it's in the air and imagine it to be a giant v*gina ... he will attack that b*$tard like it's the holy grail and he is king arthur ... protection & safety be d*mned ...

l_j_r

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    Holmes is better than Lloyd, and it's not even close.

At the age of 31, Lloyd has been in the league for 9 years with a combined 311 receptions, 4,784 receiving yards, 224 first down receptions and 31 TD receptions.

At the age of 28, Holmes has been in the league for 6 years with a combined 338 receptions, 5,235 receiving yards, 256 first down receptions and 34 TD receptions. To go along with a SB MVP.

Holmes over Lloyd and it's not even close.

And did you just mention Edleman?!? You mean the same JAG who played during 11 games last year while putting up a whopping 4 receptions for 34 yards and 0 TD's? Or, the same JAG WR in Edleman who's only put up 11 receptions, 120 receiving yards and 0 TD's over the past two seasons (combined)? Jeremy Kerley over Edelman and it's not even close.

And did you also mention a 31 year old Jabar Gaffney? The same Gaffney who's been in the league for 11 years with A.) Zero 1,000 yard seasons. B.) seasons of only 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5 and 5 TD seasons? He's the meaning of a JAG. He's never even put up anything more than 68 receptions during a single season, and he's been in the league for 10 years. An unproven rookie in Hill over Gaffney by default.

The only thing the Patriots have over NY in regards to offense are A.) Brady and B.) Welker. That's it.

Gaffney and Edelman are nothing but JAGS. Edelman doesn't even deserve to be called a JAG, he's worse than that (in regards to being a receiver that is).
    You can not mean that! You are losing any respect as a poster that you may have had.

Gronk is probably one of the top 10 offensive weapons in the NFL and Hernandes is one the the best rec TE.

Gaffney averages almost 900 yds a season the last three years.
    Lloyd averaged 1200 yds a season the last 2 years

And this is with Orton, Tebow, Grossman and Beck throwing them the ball.

Do you really believe the stuff you post?l

Why are you looking at performance from years ago.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    ... all cro needs to do is look at the shape of the football as it's in the air and imagine it to be a giant v*gina ... he will attack that b*$tard like it's the holy grail and he is king arthur ... protection & safety be d*mned

l_j_r

True...the only thing Cro should worry about is being the second best CB on the Jets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    This team is headed down the drain? Nice to know.

I never knew that two playoff appearances during a three year span was considered as being "going down the drain".

I never knew that two AFC Championship Game appearances during a three year span, for the first time in Franchise history was considered to be "going down the drain".

I never knew that fielding three seasons of consecutive top five defensive performance was considered as being "going down the drain".

You feel like crying because Rex hasn't led us to a Super Bowl Championship during his first three years? Fine, then go boo-hoo cry yourself a river. But, to sit here and act like our franchise is "going down the drain" due to an 8-8 season? You know, you can always go root for the Giants with that type of mentality. I mean, if the Jets make you that unhappy...

But yeah, while you say Revis, Holmes and Cromartie "run the team", I say that guys such as Tanny, Rex Ryan, Sanchez, Mangold, Ferguson, Moore, Keller, Harris, Scott, Pace and coach Westhoff run the team a whole lot more when compared to your three most hated Jet players.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 07-31-2012 at 06:09 PM.

All Pro
    Yea, Holmes and Cromartie are better than Lloyd, Gaffney, Branch and Edleman.

Seriously?
    The Pats just have some pathetic WRs. Some pretty bad over the hill WRs right there. I still do not believe they have their #2 is on the team yet. If they go with Branch again Brady is going to be throwing the ball to Marcus Cannon to make plays. lol

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I love Cro and his confidence (misguided or not).
    Just give Cro the damn ball

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    I don't see anything wrong

hill is a rookie
    kerley is struggling this offseason and still developing
    schilens has never been healthy enough to prove anything

cro could be our second best wr if he was out there. He is a beast athletically
    Where as I think he was just joking WR is the easiest pro position to transition to. Why do you think you see so many QB turned WRs have good 1st years. Or Woodhead for that matter. If you have the athletic ability it is not a hard position to learn. Cro knows all the moves to get open. He has been a victim to them 1st hand many of times and he has the ability for sure. Question is can he catch? Most CB are CBs because they are either short or just can't catch. Cro is not short. Either way he is too important to the D to even try it IMO. I wouldn't mind him giving a few tips to guys like Hill or Kerley though. It also lets Wilson and some of the younger CB get more training in. As well as makes the D easier for Sanchez to learn to be a QB. You can't build a QB when your rookie WR is being schooled in practice by the best DBs in the league. I doubt we see him line up at WR come game time.