Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cromartie: Iím the second-best receiver on the*Jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    They are 2 different types of receivers. Plax was great in the redzone yes, but what did he do between the 20's? Would you sign Plax at this stage now?
    I agree with you, Plax was great in the red zone but a mediocre JAG receiver between the 20's.

Jets made the right decision not resigning him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I agree with you, Plax was great in the red zone but a mediocre JAG receiver between the 20's.

Jets made the right decision not resigning him.
    Would you resign him now? Holmes, Hill, Plax, Kerley and whoever after that

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    as expected the media is overblowing this
    everyone will be very surprised when Stephen Hill proves Cro wrong.

Schillens will have nagging injuries most of the year (as usual) and will likely be a non-factor for this team.
    How are they overblowing this? What kind of an arrogant putz do you have to be to say something like this to the media? If you're an NFL WR teammate of someone and they say this with a straight face how are you supposed to take it? I'm sorry but Cromartie is a raging idiot, an average corner, and I hate him.

Hall Of Fame
    Say what you want about him, but Plax was a great red zone WR.

There is no way a rookie WR can replicate what Plax did last year.

If the Jets use Tebow at QB in the red zone, teams will definitley key on him and shut him down.
    I agree about Plax. That is why I said I hope Hill can pick up some of the slack. Cannot expect a rookie to master the nuances of being a great RZ target. Plax had years of experience that helped him succeed.

I think the Tebow RZ offense will only exist inside the 5 yard line.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Would you resign him now? Holmes, Hill, Plax, Kerley and whoever after that
    No, that's why they drafted Hill in the 2nd round.

All League
    Chaz Schilens has no right to be irked. The guy is a walking injury and until he produces for a full season he's a non-factor IMO

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Chaz Schilens has no right to be irked. The guy is a walking injury and until he produces for a full season he's a non-factor IMO
    You're the 2nd best poster in post #167

Veteran
    if he actually demonstrates the ability to be our 2nd best WR... then i say give it a shot. With Wilson Revis and that new kid that has been the star of camp, we might actually be able to pull something like this off.

Banned
    No, that's why they drafted Hill in the 2nd round.
    But Plax would be behind Hill and probably only be used in the Red Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Antonio Cromartie is still listed as a cornerback, and not a wide receiver. But Cromartie says that if the Jets go through with plans to give him an extensive role in the offense, heíll be the second-best receiver on the team.

Cromartie said today on ESPN First Take that if he has to rank himself within the Jetsí receiving corps, heíd say heís the No. 2 option on the team.

ďI think Iíd put myself as second,Ē Cromartie said. ďI havenít really played it in the past four or five years, but I can put myself as the second just with raw ability and talent going out there, I think, me separating and being a more physical guy out there on the outside.Ē

Santonio Holmes is the Jetsí No. 1 receiver, but Cromartie apparently thinks heís better than the teamís other receivers, including Chaz Schilens, Jeremy Kerley and Stephen Hill.

ďKerley is a more of a slot receiver, heís a slot guy,Ē Cromartie said. ďStephen Hill is a younger guy that can get down the field. I think, for me, I can run every single route in the rou
    How any fan can feel confident that this team and HC have learned from the mistakes of the past and are on a better track to success is beyond me.....

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Actually, in a dig route, once you make your cut and look back for the ball, you do run back towards that ball, where the qb thows it so you will come back up field. Digs are also called "Comeback routes" for that reason.
    Don't know how old you guys are but in the new age passing league, a dig a a deep in.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Don't know how old you guys are but in the new age passing league, a dig a a deep in.
    or maybe some coaches change the way the play is run but they still refer to it as a dig.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    or maybe some coaches change the way the play is run but they still refer to it as a dig.
    I think they take old language and recycle it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Different routes

A deep in is a 10 yard route and a drag back to the inside of the field.

A dig is run about 5 yards deep and you come sharp back to the ball.

Look it up. I come from a long line of coaches. I know for a fact, it's still called a dig in at least Green Bay's play book.

Here's a reference to the the most common passing tree
    http://www.top-wide-receiver-trainin...sing-tree.html

Undrafted Free Agent
    Headline should read 'I am the second biggest moron on this team, and the first only has me beat by a catch in training camp"

All Pro
    Da Cro man speaks---Anyway there isn't a legitimate second receiver on this team and to be quite frank, I don't think there is a first receiver either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How any fan can feel confident that this team and HC have learned from the mistakes of the past and are on a better track to success is beyond me.....
    What the hell happened to you?

You've gone from one of the better posters around to arguably the most pessimistic dick on this board next to SAR.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Ok you have your opinion and we agree to disagree.

To last years team's receiving corp we replaced, Ocho, Underwoood, and Dan Gronkowski whose production totaled 18 receptions with Brady throwing them the ball, With Gaffney (70 and 947 yds), Lloyd (70, 964 yds) and Shinacoe (36 and 400 yds). These were the players added to one of the top 5 offenses in the league. This production was obtained with less than stellar qb play.

The pats or their fans do not expect to add this 2300 yds of offense to last years total of 5100 passing yds, LLoyd should get 60 and 750 and Gaffney 45 and 600 yds. Shinacoe will be lucky to get 1/2 of what he got last year. There may be some improvement over last years total offense.

The pats have legitimate concerns at RB, Outside edge rusher, (very much so if Carter does not come back) Safety (again very much so if Chung can't stay on the field) CB if McCourty can not regain his rookie form and Dowling can't shake the injury bug and even RT if Volmer can not get back till November.

But to harp on the the patriots deepest position reeks of trying too hard to find something.
    Give Gaffney the better stats and swap Branch for the hack and you could be right. Just don't think any of them are better then what you had last year. If Lloyd ends up the #2 if I where a Pats fan I'd be livid because he is just not a good WR. I seriously don't know why anyone thinks he is, his career has been horrid. If all your looking at is stats this just isn't baseball I'm sorry. WR is a young mans game and those guys are past their primes and where never all that good. Sorry not impressed one bit. I'd rather have a young cast of studs like we do. Say what you will but Hill and Kerley have a much higher upside then any #2 you have.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Give Gaffney the better stats and swap Branch for the hack and you could be right. Just don't think any of them are better then what you had last year. If Lloyd ends up the #2 if I where a Pats fan I'd be livid because he is just not a good WR. I seriously don't know why anyone thinks he is, his career has been horrid. If all your looking at is stats this just isn't baseball I'm sorry. WR is a young mans game and those guys are past their primes and where never all that good. Sorry not impressed one bit. I'd rather have a young cast of studs like we do. Say what you will but Hill and Kerley have a much higher upside then any #2 you have.

I guess football is all stats to you. Gaffney and Lloyd both caught 900+ yards last year from guys not named Brady. So yes, they have a bit of talent.

Hill is a rookie from a non-pro offense and Kerley has 300 yards in his career.

Just so silly to use WRs to compare offenses when the best TE combo in the NFL is under 24 and resides in New England.

The Patriots offense last season blew the Jets offense out of the water by 1,859 yards last season. Let's see how much that changes this year.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-02-2012 at 05:02 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Patriots offense last season blew the Jets offense out of the water by 1,859 yards last season. Let's see how much that changes this year.
    And the Patriots defense also allowed/gave up 1,584 more yards when compared to the Jets defense. Let's see how much that changes this year.

Some would also say, that after losing two of NE's top pass rushers in Carter and Anderson, who combined for 50% of NE's defensive sacks last year (20 out of 40 sacks) that NE's laughing stock defense has taken a step back.

Once opposing offenses figured out Devin McCourty, he quickly became one of the worst CB's in all of football last season. I don't see that changing anytime soon, because he's just not very good. Reminded me of Justin Miller as a CB last season. Ras-I Dowling is a huge question mark, and after missing an entire rookie season due to injury, could have set his career back by a good 2-3 years. He may never be the player that he (could have been) before injury.

The Patriots defense has more holes than Swiss cheese and more question marks than our future economy. Who's going to replace 50% of NE's sacks of last year? A bunch of career jags?

Last but not least, lets not talk about our offense when NE features a laughing stock defense. Why not bash the Jets 24/7 while circle jerking the Patriots with each and every post on a NE message board? I mean, let's not act like you haven't done it here on JetsInsider for quite some time now.

In closing, I have a question... Do you post on NE message boards? And if so, what's your user name and what's the name of the NE message board? Or, do you just hide as a Patriots fan here on JI?