Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Antonio Cromartie: Iím the second-best receiver on the*Jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The idea of Cro taking snaps at WR is a good one. You can only suit up so many active people game day. him taking snaps there may allow the jets to keep an extra TE on the roster game day instead of a wr to help out hunter.
    I mean Im not toally annoyed by it...I more annoyed that is comes down to this.

just like im sure you wre annoyed when Edelman started playing corner...

All League
    All it is a guy being confident. Joe McKnight probably feels he is the second best CB on the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Absolutely. Every team would suffer if their LT went down. But most teams would shuffle their RT over to LT. Could you imagine Hunter on the blind side?

And Brick has lived up to his name thus far in his career. He has yet to miss a game. Thankfully.

Regardless of who is on the roster, I expect them to make some kind of move in the next couple of days.
    Not sure about that...You could weaken two positions by doing that..That's why alot of teams look for/employ a swing T as a backup, which Howard seems to be

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Not sure about that...You could weaken two positions by doing that..That's why alot of teams look for/employ a swing T as a backup, which Howard seems to be
    I have seen it before. But you are also right.

The only problem I have with the guys that are currently on our roster is that if they were good enough, wouldn't they have been playing ahead of Hunter already?

Also, what is the status of Kareem McKenzie? I know we are discussing this in the wrong thread, LOL.

Hall Of Fame
    People actually care about this?

Just Cro being Cro, who cares.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, Holmes and Cromartie are better than Lloyd, Gaffney, Branch and Edleman.

Seriously?
    Holmes is better than Lloyd, and it's not even close.

At the age of 31, Lloyd has been in the league for 9 years with a combined 311 receptions, 4,784 receiving yards, 224 first down receptions and 31 TD receptions.

At the age of 28, Holmes has been in the league for 6 years with a combined 338 receptions, 5,235 receiving yards, 256 first down receptions and 34 TD receptions. To go along with a SB MVP.

Holmes over Lloyd and it's not even close.

And did you just mention Edleman?!? You mean the same JAG who played during 11 games last year while putting up a whopping 4 receptions for 34 yards and 0 TD's? Or, the same JAG WR in Edleman who's only put up 11 receptions, 120 receiving yards and 0 TD's over the past two seasons (combined)? Jeremy Kerley over Edelman and it's not even close.

And did you also mention a 31 year old Jabar Gaffney? The same Gaffney who's been in the league for 11 years with A.) Zero 1,000 yard seasons. B.) seasons of only 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5 and 5 TD seasons? He's the meaning of a JAG. He's never even put up anything more than 68 receptions during a single season, and he's been in the league for 10 years. An unproven rookie in Hill over Gaffney by default.

The only thing the Patriots have over NY in regards to offense are A.) Brady and B.) Welker. That's it.

Gaffney and Edelman are nothing but JAGS. Edelman doesn't even deserve to be called a JAG, he's worse than that (in regards to being a receiver that is).

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This may be the funniest post of the month.
    or the most depressing...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    H
    The only thing the Patriots have over NY in regards to offense are A.) Brady and B.) Welker. That's it.
    wow.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Holmes is better than Lloyd, and it's not even close.
    Go have another glass of green kool aide and wave your green pom-poms.

Holmes is a cancer and is a JAG WR at best.

Why do you think the Steelers unloaded him for a low round draft pick?

All League
    dude....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    wow.
    DWC has been on record that he thinks Keller is better than Gronk and Hernandez.

Hall Of Fame

You might want to rethink this one.

I will give you some hints: 90/1327/17. 79/910/7.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    DWC has been on record that he thinks Keller is better than Gronk and Hernandez.
    Honestly, that stupidity should be bannable.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Honestly, that stupidity should be bannable.
    DWC is a reverse troll.

Veteran
    #2 receiver...#1 procreater

Hall Of Fame
    I was thinking about this, and given Sanchez's propensity for hitting defenders in stride, the Jets may really be on to something with this strategy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I was thinking about this, and given Sanchez's propensity for hitting defenders in stride, the Jets may really be on to something with this strategy.
    They should line up a DE in the slot... Sanchez would feel right at home.

Banned
    I was only thinking about the Patriots WR's, and completely forgot about both Gronk and Hernandez. It's no secret that Brady is an all-time great, and because of Brady, he makes their entire offense 'that much better'.

But, with all that said, in regards to the wide receivers... NE's WR's, outside of Welker, aren't that much better (if better at all) when compared to the Jets.

Holmes, Hill and Kerley can compete against Lloyd, Gaffney and Edelman. The only difference? We don't have Brady.

But, it's no secret that an offense featuring Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, Lloyd and Hernandez will have a 10x more explosive passing attack when compared to the Jets.

That's what makes this rivalry so interesting. Our defense up against NE's offense. Over the past 3 years, we've held our own. 3-4 overall (including a postseason victory over NE, eliminating them as the road team in Foxboro).

But to sit here and act as if our offense can compete with NE's offense would be extremely foolish on my behalf. I was only talking about our WR's, and outside of Welker... They have nothing special.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    They should line up a DE in the slot... Sanchez would feel right at home.
    Right on. Mo Wilkerson would probably shatter Randy Moss' single season record for TDs if they flipped him to the other side of the ball.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Super
    Best.
    Post.
    Ever.