Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the most talented Jets team in 30 years...

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    Can't remember a Jets team brimming with so much talent as this one. The media can't stand us, even our own beat writers conspire to bring the team down, but I still see a potential juggernaut in the making.

This team will be very, very hungry after last season's humbling finale, I wouldn't switch places with any other team right now.

let's look at the differences between the 2010 (playoff version) and 2012 defenses:

Subtract:

J. Taylor
    T. Pryce
    S. Ellis
    J. Westerman
    B. Pool
    J. Leonhard
    D. Lowery
    D. Coleman

Add:

M. Wilkerson
    Q. Coples
    M. Dixon
    K. Ellis
    A. Maybin
    D. Davis
    R. Sapp
    L. Landry
    Y. Bell
    E. Lankster

They've gotten better (and faster) in every positional group. Rex finally has the players that he needs to operate his scheme.
    D-Line is just as talented, if not more. They got younger, faster, and more versatile.
    Linebackers corp is even more deep, and better pass rushing ability
    Cornerback is a wash
    Safety is a solid improvement. Leonhard and Pool are good, not great players and were injury-prone too. But Landry and Bell are pro-bowl caliber players.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 07-31-2012 at 06:56 PM.

Can't remember a Jets team brimming with so much talent as this one. The media can't stand us, even our own beat writers conspire to bring the team down, but I still see a potential juggernaut in the making.

This team will be very, very hungry after last season's humbling finale, I wouldn't switch places with any other team right now.
    there are alot of concerns on the offense, we only have 1 proven WR in holmes. hands of stone keller at te, a terrible RB. they didnt improve the offensive line. and a suspect sanchez at qb. we are still not going to be able to compete againt the high power pats. another epic fail of a season for the jets. no super bowl. lock it up

All League
    This:

1986 OFFENSE

2012 DEFENSE

Hall Of Fame
    This is an example of some of us getting waaayyyyyyy ahead of ourselves here.

For DWC every year at this time is the strongest fastest bestest Jets team that there ever was. Until next year of course. The surprise would be if he did not think that way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

None of the running backs or receivers are even close to top-tier players, Sanchez has a lot to prove, and the offensive line has a few holes.

Defense is loaded though.

All League
    I think the D is the most intriguing it's been in awhile. It has the potential to be very good or just average. I'm looking forward to seeing how the D will play. I think the potential is there. Just have to wait and see.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    let's look at the differences between the 2010 (playoff version) and 2012 defenses:

Subtract:

J. Taylor
    T. Pryce
    S. Ellis
    J. Westerman
    B. Pool
    J. Leonhard
    D. Lowery
    D. Coleman

Add:

M. Wilkerson
    Q. Coples
    M. Dixon
    K. Ellis
    A. Maybin
    D. Davis
    R. Sapp
    L. Landry
    Y. Bell
    E. Lankster

They've gotten better (and faster) in every positional group. Rex finally has the players that he needs to operate his scheme.
    D-Line is just as talented, if not more. They got younger, faster, and more versatile.
    Linebackers corp is even more deep, and better pass rushing ability
    Cornerback is a wash
    Safety is a solid improvement. Leonhard and Pool are good, not great players and were injury-prone too. But Landry and Bell are pro-bowl caliber players.
    Great analysis. Lots of hopes and dreams hanging on Tannenbaum being the draft guru he's never been, but there's some hope there. Do the same for the offense.

The object of football is to outscore the opponent. You get no W's for magnificently holding the opponent to 9 points if you can't score 10.

SAR I

Will you please shut up? I mean that with all due respect, but all you are going to do is jinx this team.

Do I think this is the most talented team in 30 years? Not even close. The 2010 team was better and the 1998 team was better, and the 1986 team was probably the most talented Jets team I ever saw.

I do think this team will be improved, but best in 30 years? Nah, no way.

And please just keep this confidence to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Will you please shut up? I mean that with all due respect, but all you are going to do is jinx this team.

Do I think this is the most talented team in 30 years? Not even close. The 2010 team was better and the 1998 team was better, and the 1986 team was probably the most talented Jets team I ever saw.

I do think this team will be improved, but best in 30 years? Nah, no way.

And please just keep this confidence to yourself.
    Jinx. Please. Yes, a "jinx" will cause any loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Can someone please DUMP this thread.

There is a fine line between optimism and delusion. This thread doesn't cross it, it obliterates it. It makes all Jet fans look bad and uninformed. Just gives ammunition to opposing fans.

Defensively it likely will be barring injury. Offensively it's not even close. Vinny T, Curtis Martin, Keyshawn and Chrebet was a much better unit, as was O'Brien, McNeil, Toon, Walker and Shuler.

The 09 team had more question marks, we had q rookie QB who didnt even play his senior year in college and the starting WR's were Cotch and Stuckey. We had lito Sheppard starting opposite Revis and getting burned repeatedly and look how far we got.
    Sheppard getting burned repeatedly? AHAHAHHAH dude he was like 3rd in the league in all burn stats and etc. We gave up like negative 2 passing TD's dude what are u talking about LMAO ....

Jets Insider VIP
    In the past 15 years, since I started paying attention, defensively maybe.

Offensively not even close. We did have C Mart, Coles, and Moss for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1.

Defense: No pass rush, safety unaddressed, still susceptible to TE's doing major damage, way too dependent upon rookies and questionable second year players.

SAR I
    No pass rush? Maybin, Wilk, Couples and possibly Sapp beg to differ. Safety unaddressed? We dumped the garbage at safety and added two veterans and some promising looking rookies. Definately improved over last season. The LB and S positions added speed to address the main weakness from the past two seasons of the inability to cover TE's and RB's. I completely disagree with what you said about the D.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I'm not feeling it. Sanchez is barely above average if at all. How many pro bowlers?

I'm not unhappy..but only on a JETS board will someone say this team is highly talented.
    Ya think?

Hey southpark, how much money you make of dying old ladies this year?

All Pro
    One thing being a Jets fan has taught me is Cautious Optimism. I would wait to see the pieces fall together before throwing the "juggernaut" word around......

Calm down on talent. And, just b/c a team has talent doesn't mean they are any good. But having said that, I think Vinny, Curtis Martin, Keyshawn, Chreber, Keith Byars and Dedric Ward was the last time we had a great offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

I agree with everyone here on all points, but IMO it's not the best players in 20 years, it's the coaching staff. I believe they could take this team into the post season if given players that can ball. It's that simple yet only one in 32 teams get to win it.

Good luck Rex & Co. (-;