Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: This is the most talented Jets team in 30 years...

Wow! Debby Downer!

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    +1.

Offense: No dominant RB for a 'G&P' team, no RB depth, no RB receiving threat, only 1 legitimate WR, a TE that can't get open, suspect OL, inconsistent QB.

Defense: No pass rush, safety unaddressed, still susceptible to TE's doing major damage, way too dependent upon rookies and questionable second year players.

Specials: Kicking game and field position a problem last season, unaddressed.

Coaching: Same staff as last year on D, new OC is a God-send but it takes time to adjust.

Wow

Schedule: Brutal early on, very easily could cause death-spiral if we're not prepared in first four games.

In my opinion, last year's team was one of our best rosters ever, and look what happened to them.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    perhaps..I saw what happened in 2011 as a sense of entitlement and the offensive coordinator trying even harder to be cute. They seemed too relaxed almost as if they were going back to the playoffs automatically.

The reduction of Schotty alone will lead to a far improved offense in of itself. I think we will see the full potential of our offense this year. With that said, I don't believe this offense to be a top 10 offense by any means, however with our defense we really don't need a top 10 offense. If we can linger within 14 - 17 ranked offense, and our defense ranks top 5 we are in tremendous shape. Key stat to look our for is turnover differential and average TOP.

If the Jets control the ball and sustain drives as they plan to, we are in for a real treat this year.

I know where you stand on our defense in 2009 and especially 2010 AFCCG, but I really believe if our offense can sustain drives, and take just a bit of pressure off of our D we are SB bound. Yeah I said it, SB bound.

We know what we have in our defense. Our hopes of ever winning a SB depends solely on our offense helping win TOP and sustaining long drives.
    Good post.

What I keep coming to, very simply, is that it is a given that we're going to have a defense good enough to beat the best of 'em, but our offense has gone from bad to worse:

QB: Sanchez will improve, but he's got fewer targets this year and Tebow looking over his shoulder. The OL kills him, the WR's are weakened, the TE can't get open, redzone gets taken away from him, very tough situation.

RB: Whether LT was great or not isn't the question. What matters is that he was Sanchez' lifeboat, could swing passes to him in a pinch. We don't have anyone as good (if at all) in that role.

RB: Greene was given the keys to the car last year and didn't do anything with them. There's zero reason to believe that he's going to beast this year. He's great (a la Lamont Jordan) as the "2" in the 1-2 punch. The off-tempo bull-back whose style counters a slasher. We don't have that #1 RB and it's not what Greene is capable of.

OL: Is it actually possible we've done nothing here in our area of greatest weakness? I don't even want to type the answer.

TE: Same as last year, was not good.

WR: Worse than last year, red zone offense will suffer most without the tall receiving threat that Plax was.

QB2: Who the hell knows what Tebow brings. Even on Brad Smith's best day as the wrinkle, wasn't a difference-maker from scrimmage.

OC: It's great that we punted Schitty, but a year too late, Sparano doesn't have talent to work with.

That's the prognosis. I hope I'm missing something.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Seriously, the Pats were 13-3 last season and the Jets were a friggn' mediorce 8-8 team and missed the playoffs.

Please explain to me how the Jets, with marginal improvements over the off-season, are going to make up 5 games in the AFCE standings?

The Jets are going to win the AFCE? Go have another glas of green kool aid.
    Did I say they were going to win the afce?? No its up grabs I can see the Jets Bills or the Patriots winning it. Jets NEEDED to address there pass rush bring in Coples. The Jets NEEDED to bring in a young fast deep threat Hill and Schillens. The Jets NEEDED to address the safety problem Landy and Bell. The Jets NEEDED a fresh start with a strict guy who runs the football Tony Sparano. Seems more then "marginal" to me.

Good post.

What I keep coming to, very simply, is that it is a given that we're going to have a defense good enough to beat the best of 'em, but our offense has gone from bad to worse:

QB: Sanchez will improve, but he's got fewer targets this year and Tebow looking over his shoulder. The OL kills him, the WR's are weakened, the TE can't get open, redzone gets taken away from him, very tough situation.

RB: Whether LT was great or not isn't the question. What matters is that he was Sanchez' lifeboat, could swing passes to him in a pinch. We don't have anyone as good (if at all) in that role.

RB: Greene was given the keys to the car last year and didn't do anything with them. There's zero reason to believe that he's going to beast this year. He's great (a la Lamont Jordan) as the "2" in the 1-2 punch. The off-tempo bull-back whose style counters a slasher. We don't have that #1 RB and it's not what Greene is capable of.

OL: Is it actually possible we've done nothing here in our area of greatest weakness? I don't even want to type the answer.

WR: Worse than last year, red zone offense will suffer most without the tall receiving threat that Plax was.

QB2: Who the hell knows what Tebow brings. Even on Brad Smith's best day as the wrinkle, wasn't a difference-maker from scrimmage.

OC: It's great that we punted Schitty, but a year too late, Sparano doesn't have talent to work with.

SAR I
    The key to all of that is the OL. Mangolds injury didnt help, nor did Slauson having a shoulder injury all year, plus Moore coming off hip surgery all combined with no TC and access to team facilities to rehab. Plus the obvious Hunter issue. I think this year our OL will return largely to form. You dont lead the league in rushing then finish top 5 only to drop to 24 or so by accident.

The key to the OC situation is that Sparano DOES have the tools. He's just going to use the right tools for the right job. Schotty clearly didnt grasp that concept. He had an idea (a bad one at that) and forced squares into circles.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
    Wow! Debby Downer!
    Sorry, someone needs to stop the madness. The best Jets roster in history? This group? It's interesting to watch human behavior. I've learned a lot about how people handle disappointment and tragedy in here and its fascinating.

Me, I know that the train-wreck in Pittsburgh ended the Ryan Jets. I know my NFL history, I know that we were built as a PR stunt to sell a stadium, I know that the mortgage for the PSL's needs to get paid in the next few years and the draft picks we gave up come back to bite us. That's what happens when you bet the farm on 2010 and 2011 and come up short. I supported it, loved it in fact, but we didn't win and it's over.

Others, they don't want to hear that, don't want to believe that a team that was so exciting for two January's had their moment and it slipped away. So they pump-up the two castoff FA's we've picked up, make it look like Tannenbaum's drafting hit-rate will jump to 100%, think Hill is the second-coming of Cruz, and think the Tooth Fairy is going to sprinkle magic dust on the OL and make everything better. I can't appreciate their enthusiasm because it's false, it's fake, it's just something to type because they can't wrap their brains around the truth.

SAR I

No way. 8-8 if lucky.

Sorry, someone needs to stop the madness. The best Jets roster in history? This group? It's interesting to watch human behavior. I've learned a lot about how people handle disappointment and tragedy in here and its fascinating.

Me, I know that the train-wreck in Pittsburgh ended the Ryan Jets. I know my NFL history, I know that we were built as a PR stunt to sell a stadium, I know that the mortgage for the PSL's needs to get paid in the next few years and the draft picks we gave up come back to bite us. That's what happens when you bet the farm on 2010 and 2011 and come up short. I supported it, loved it in fact, but we didn't win and it's over.

Others, they don't want to hear that, don't want to believe that a team that was so exciting for two January's had their moment and it slipped away. So they pump-up the two castoff FA's we've picked up, make it look like Tannenbaum's drafting hit-rate will jump to 100%, think Hill is the second-coming of Cruz, and think the Tooth Fairy is going to sprinkle magic dust on the OL and make everything better. I can't appreciate their enthusiasm because it's false, it's fake, it's just something to type because they can't wrap their brains around the truth.

SAR I
    im also having a hard time saying its the best jets group in the last 30 years...but i do have high hopes and do believe things are coming together this year.

Seriously, the Pats were 13-3 last season and the Jets were a friggn' mediorce 8-8 team and missed the playoffs.

Please explain to me how the Jets, with marginal improvements over the off-season, are going to make up 5 games in the AFCE standings?

The Jets are going to win the AFCE? Go have another glas of green kool aid.
    You're assuming the Pats win 13 games, and you're assuming the Jets don't bounce back with the same team that had them go 11-5 the year before.

Stating the Jets made "marginal improvements" only exposes your ignorance, but it's probably just more of you being a jackass troll.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Best CBs in 30 years.

That's about it.

OL no. QB no. RBs no. WRs no. DL no. LBs no.

And as a collection the 1998, 1999 and 2008-2010 rosters are all better. And that is just recent history.
    I know. How anyone can think this is our most talented team in the past 30 years is just pure delusion. Looking at the AFC alone, I can name 4 teams clearly with more talent (Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Texans), and we're basically in a pack of about 5 or 6 teams that have some potential to grab a wildcard and/or win a weaker division (Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Bengals, us).

I hope it all comes together, but it all coming together would probably mean 10-6, not 12-4

They are unproven and a question mark right now, but I think our receiving unit could be elite.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If this doesn't sum up the trolls of JI, I don't know what does.
    Looking forward to the best ever of this jackass!
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-01-2012 at 01:22 AM.

All League
    Good post.

SAR I

Bahahahahahhahha

Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    A lesser version of this team beat the Pats senseless in 2010, the trend is up not down despite what you wish would happen, last year was a correction. History proves me right, the Jets have bounced back in 98, 00, 02, 04, 06, 08 and 10 after bad seasons. Now go get a hobby you pathetic chronic loser, posting all day on this place... Pathetic!
    When? Where? The 45-3 Monday night game? Sorry, don't remember the Jets beating the Patriots senseless, that hasnt happened since at least 2002 on Sunday Night Football, and even that wasn't exactly what you would call beating them senseless. Please dude, feel free to pass the crack pipe though, because one things for sure, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

And 90% of Jets fans get on SAR for his viewpoint.

He is 100% accurate with everything he has said for the last 6 years.
    And you are a 100% come P!NGA!!
    Last edited by ComfortablyNumb; 08-01-2012 at 02:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    SAR ... Hate to say this .. But you made an incorrect statement or two.

No. 1 Dunbar was not with the team last year ... He is a HUGE addition.

No. 2 We have 3 quality RBs ... Not amazing .. But quality.
    DING DING DING DING!!!!!

This guy gets it. We had a freaking DB coaching the Dline. Now we have one of the most respected DL coaches in the league. Take away shotty and add sparano whom I think is a better OC than head coach.

SCHLEPROCK I just wants to analyze things without taking into account these intangibles. The Dline has been quietly getting upgraded for the sole purpose of getting to Tom Brady. When this explodes and I think it'll happen this year it's going to be a beautiful thing to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Funnier than you posting a pic of your Kenmore oven?
    That doesn't qualify as funny, just the saddest post on JI.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    When? Where? The 45-3 Monday night game? Sorry, don't remember the Jets beating the Patriots senseless, that hasnt happened since at least 2002 on Sunday Night Football, and even that wasn't exactly what you would call beating them senseless. Please dude, feel free to pass the crack pipe though, because one things for sure, you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.
    This thread has me in hysterics. Truly insane. The team just took an ugly 8-5 through 0-3 to 8-8 and with nothing but a couple of broken safeties and a handful of rookies we've got a 13 win roster. Look out Patriots, the Jets are ready for you!

Ha ha ha. This thread rocks, and so far only 2 loonies from the Blind Homer Cult have chimed in. Just wait until tomorrow, it's going to be a JI Civil War because this is the best Jets team in history and we aren't stupid!

SAR I

All Pro
    There are just too many question marks right now to make this statement. I've only been a Jets fan since the early 90s, and I've seen better teams than this one.

The 98-99 teams were WAY better on offense. WAY BETTER. And they had a pretty good D too. The 2008 team was really talented, too.

This team is stacked defense, but the offense has A LOT to prove.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Looking forward to the best ever of this jackass!
    Campaigning for bans are ya?

No worries, sg3 will be back soon. From what I heard he is going to get an executive pardon.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I know. How anyone can think this is our most talented team in the past 30 years is just pure delusion. Looking at the AFC alone, I can name 4 teams clearly with more talent (Pats, Ravens, Steelers, Texans), and we're basically in a pack of about 5 or 6 teams that have some potential to grab a wildcard and/or win a weaker division (Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Titans, Bengals, us).

I hope it all comes together, but it all coming together would probably mean 10-6, not 12-4
    Please explain how the Pats, Steelers, and Ravens have "more talent" and where?

The Pata without Brady has average talent, sure they have a couple of studs in Gronk, Hernandez, Wilfork, etc, but where are they more talented elsewhere? Same with the Steelers? The Steelers lost several key players to retirement, they are also old in many places, much like the Ravens? This Jets team has a lot of talent, some of it unproven, or still developing, but this same team is off of two AFCCG's in the last 3 years, if not for an implosion last year, a dysfunctional locker room due to an offensive coaching staff that lost the team, this Jets team are back in the playoffs.

The jets certainly added talent this year in FA, via trade, and through the draft, the talent is there and certainly on par with any of those other teams.