Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees are in trouble

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    STFU...Schween-wrangler!

-
    Tastes like hate....

Worried yet? Ivan Nova and Phil Hughes are solid 5th starters. Not #3 and #4. Freddy Garcia just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Worried yet? Ivan Nova and Phil Hughes are solid 5th starters. Not #3 and #4. Freddy Garcia just sucks.
    Not worried yet. Starters go through slumps. Losing A-rod hurts them more than fans want to admit.

All Pro
    If Pettite gets 3 Sept starts he'll be fine for the PO, and he'll be fresh. Not sure what you've been watching but Freddie's pitched well. Last 7 starts, only given up as many as 4 runs once.

10 game lead down to 3. Red hot Rays closing in.

Bump. Believe me yet?

An offense that only hits home runs doesn't score runs when they don't hit home runs. Duh

All League
    Swisher can't hit when the pitching gets better. He proves it time and time again

I'm not worried at all. TB and LA have no shot at this point IMO. They play mostly really hard games to end the year. I don't see either playing better the 500 ball. Even if LA did it would mean they likely knocked the As out. Who have no cake walk either. We play 17 games vs bad teams to end the year. Who ever looses the Central is out. Even if the Os take the division it is still very unlikely anyone covers enough ground to pass us for the last WC spot and keep it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I'm not worried at all. TB and LA have no shot at this point IMO. They play mostly really hard games to end the year. I don't see either playing better the 500 ball. Even if LA did it would mean they likely knocked the As out. Who have no cake walk either. We play 17 games vs bad teams to end the year. Who ever looses the Central is out. Even if the Os take the division it is still very unlikely anyone covers enough ground to pass us for the last WC spot and keep it.

What? Can't coast to a WC spot anymore, have to play the one and done game. NEED to win the division. Yanks need to win today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Swisher can't hit when the pitching gets better. He proves it time and time again
    That's why the Yankees shouldn't resign him unless it's a 1 year deal which they won't be able to do b/c he can get a long-term deal from another team.

Phelps had nothing today yet he managed to keep the Yankees in the game. Gutsy performance by him. If only our lineup could stop making Wei-Ping Yen look like Randy Johnson circa 1995.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 09-01-2012 at 02:30 PM.

So much for Jabber to da pen. Guy is so done it's not even funny.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 09-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.

AL East lead down to 1 game ........... uh oh ..........

They look dead right now.Looks like the injuries have taken a toll

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Meh......as much as watching todays game sucked, it had a playoff atmosphere to it, which is exciting as a baseball fan..much more than if the Yanks were going up 12 games...does that make sense?

Arod snaps out of it...Tex comes back...Andy returns....this could be interesting. If not, we're toast.

I was so wrong.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I was so wrong.

When you come on the intherentsz to confirm whether you are right or wrong...about baseball...and then want affirmation...you have too much time on your hands.

Because you sure as **** wouldnt come back if you were wrong.

But yet....the season isnt over yet!

-

Lineup has been bombarded with injuries, Nova is hurt, CC was hurt and now looks average thanks to Girardi overusing him and yet we're still in 1st place ... for now.

Implosion is almost complete.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'd be shocked if the Yanks didn't make the playoffs. I believe they will.

But if they didn't, is Girardi gone?