Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yankees are in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'd be shocked if the Yanks didn't make the playoffs. I believe they will.

But if they didn't, is Girardi gone?
    If George were alive? Yes...

Probably not though...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Probably not though...
    +1

Owners blah

Manager blah

Players........blah

Very uninspired play as of late, injuries aside.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post

Probably not though...
    I hope so. As a manager he has the stink of failure IMO. If he can't make the playoffs he should be fired.

I don't think Girardi is a big problem, but if he was to be replaced, I recommend the Rays bench coach Dave Martinez. Suspect he'll get a job this off-season (probably Red Sox)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    I don't think Girardi is a big problem, but if he was to be replaced, I recommend the Rays bench coach Dave Martinez. Suspect he'll get a job this off-season (probably Red Sox)
    Hey Irish, stop responding to my political posts on my "visitor messages" page. If you want to reply to something I said, be a man and do it in its thread so everyone else can see your response.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Hey Irish, stop responding to my political posts on my "visitor messages" page. If you want to reply to something I said, be a man and do it in its thread so everyone else can see your response.
    Durden...we gave you an inch. So what do you do?

Enjoy the month off.

(and more, if it covers baseball season)

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Durden...we gave you an inch. So what do you do?

Enjoy the month off.

(and more, if it covers baseball season)

Girardi isn't getting fired. This team has been bombarded with injuries this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I hope so. As a manager he has the stink of failure IMO. If he can't make the playoffs he should be fired.
    How? Just about every core player on this team with the exception of Jeter and Granderson have missed significant time this season or, in the case of Mo and Gardner, basically missed the entire season due to inury.

I get it. Girardi tends to overmanage but to throw him under the bus for stuff that really isn't his fault let low-class organizations like the Mets and Red Sux do that.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Lineup has been bombarded with injuries, Nova is hurt, CC was hurt and now looks average thanks to Girardi overusing him and yet we're still in 1st place ... for now.
    Crazy year.

CC on DL 2 times
    Andy on DL
    Dude we got from Seattle, never pitches
    Nova on DL
    Rivera misses season.
    Tex hurt
    Arod hurt
    Gardner misses season.

The Yankees have missed at times their top 3 starters, at one point their 8th and 9th inning guy, both corner IF spots and their LF.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    How? Just about every core player on this team with the exception of Jeter and Granderson have missed significant time this season or, in the case of Mo and Gardner, basically missed the entire season due to inury.

I get it. Girardi tends to overmanage but to throw him under the bus for stuff that really isn't his fault let low-class organizations like the Mets and Red Sux do that.

Every team has injuries and this year hasn't been as bad as some. The Nationals have had way more injuries and still managed to dominate. He has a lead going down the stretch and has a healthy cast for the most part right now. If he can't close the deal I want no part of him to be honest. It would be a pretty big bungle if he blew the POs with this team. He has been lucky with the down fall of Boston but overall hasn't done a very good job here. You can go ahead and say he won a WS. This is the Yankees every year has has a team capable of that. If he can't do those little things and put this team in a spot to win more then he isn't doing his job. period.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Every team has injuries and this year hasn't been as bad as some. The Nationals have had way more injuries and still managed to dominate. He has a lead going down the stretch and has a healthy cast for the most part right now. If he can't close the deal I want no part of him to be honest. It would be a pretty big bungle if he blew the POs with this team. He has been lucky with the down fall of Boston but overall hasn't done a very good job here. You can go ahead and say he won a WS. This is the Yankees every year has has a team capable of that. If he can't do those little things and put this team in a spot to win more then he isn't doing his job. period.
    Healthy team? He just got back AROD, Tex is out, CC is not right, Nova is out, Gardner is still out, and Granderson is hitting 230.

I am not a huge Girardi fan, but I don't know that he takes the fall. However, if Cashman is out, I think the new GM cans Girardi.

Freakin Cashman. I'm still pissed about the Montero deal

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Healthy team? He just got back AROD, Tex is out, CC is not right, Nova is out, Gardner is still out, and Granderson is hitting 230.

I am not a huge Girardi fan, but I don't know that he takes the fall. However, if Cashman is out, I think the new GM cans Girardi.

I'll give the deal time to play out... One season, albeit of no value for us thus far, is not enough to judge fairly...

I remember a host of folks crying over the Jackson/Granderson deal and I still can't tell you who reaped on it...

I wonder if Baltimore sports talk radio is flooded with calls right now saying the Orioles should bunt more.

Absolutely he should. Non of that is season ending. ARod, Tex, Granderson, CC, and Nova are all going to see time the last month. That is excusing him for nothing IMO. The biggest injuries he has is Andy right now and it is not like they where counting on him at the beginning of the year. I have no idea why people are worried we don't have Gardner. Ichi has been playing well. Also Nix has played very well over the last month or so. He has even gotten good play out of Phelps and Eric Chavez. I just don't see how you'd blame anything but management if this team failed to make the playoffs. The production hasn't dropped a whole lot they just aren't winning games. At one point they had like a 11 game lead on the last WC spot. That would be a huge down fall and you simply can't blame it on anyone but the manager IMO. There is no reason a good manager should have given up that kind of lead ever.

Hey you can have Ron Gardenhire, that is if a real bad manager we could throw in our GM at the time. Plz take them!

All League

Montero hasn't been all that special.

All League
    Bad blown call to cost the Yankees the game, although Teixiera should know not to dive into first like that.

+1

I don't understand how anyone can blame Girardi if this team doesn't win the AL East.

Gotta wonder what the direction is after this season. Cashman traded all of our prospects with the exception of Banuelos and supposedly he has struggled this season in the minors. Hal wants to cut payroll so you probably rule out trading for Cliff Lee who we could probably trade for a bag of chips this off-season if we're willing to take on his $29 million in salary.

Arod is making way too much money to play around 100 games per season. He needs to move permanently to DH. Jeter is adequate defensively for now but it would be better to move him to 3rd Base a year too early instead of a year too late. Trade for Reyes?

Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    Montero hasn't been all that special.
    Anyone's numbers take a serious hit playing in the Grand Canyon Safeco Field. Raul Ibanez looked done hitting in Safeco and then he bounced back once he moved to Philly and then NY. There's no doubt Montero's #'s would be better playing full-time in Yankee Stadium plus he's a Catcher.

As a Catcher, Montero is not that bad defensively. I watched him play. I really don't understand what all the fuss was about him not being able to play Catcher he is not worse than Jorge Posada was in his last few years with the Yankees.