Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Everyone says we need a veteran wr why not T.O?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I don't want him catching I want him to TEACH this isn't some no name hes a future hall of famer he knows the game of football any who tries disputing that is an idiot. He could be big in helping the young recivers develop is there any other veteran WR out the credentials of T.O not even close.
    LOL, because everything TO has shown has said, teacher. Too funny.

Got to also love the notion that if you had a good career youre a teacher.

Yeah, there are plenty of WRs with his credentials. Don Maynard has his credentials. So does Wesley Walker and Al Toon. They would all make better teachers than this clown.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Is that reply to me or the OP ?
    Why would you think that I would respond that I don't want to sign Keyshawn?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    To teach what, how to not pay child support, one day get cut from a ****hole AFL team, and end up broke and desperate?

You want to pay the guy to stand on the sidelines? I'd rather the money go toward a RT, who would actually, you know, help.

Please dump this thread. It's getting sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    LOL, because everything TO has shown has said, teacher. Too funny.

Got to also love the notion that if you had a good career youre a teacher.

Yeah, there are plenty of WRs with his credentials. Don Maynard has his credentials. So does Wesley Walker and Al Toon. They would all make better teachers than this clown.
    To the OP - please read these two posts several times before deciding to keep this awful thread going.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd have to look at his career statz before making a decision.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We DO NOT need a veteran retread receiver.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a guy who is broke and is desperate for a job. Im not concerned about him being a cancer he'd be stupid to open his mouth at this point in his career hes a veteran guy who can teach the young guys a thing or 2. Imo hes worth atleast a look
    Veteran? Perhaps (we may not need this at all)

Washed up and arrogant? No.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a guy who is broke and is desperate for a job. Im not concerned about him being a cancer he'd be stupid to open his mouth at this point in his career hes a veteran guy who can teach the young guys a thing or 2. Imo hes worth atleast a look
    He is old, no longer can play at the Arena league level, and is a drama queen who would be a horrible influence on Santonio. Other than that, he is a great sign.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why was Otah available, why is TO available.

dump

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are also interested in bringing in a veteran RT, or possibly another RB for G&P. Perhaps more so then at the WR position.

The Burress experiment didn't really work last year. His legs were gone, and he couldn't get separation and production between the 20s. So I don't imagine the Jets want to try another aged WR like T.O.

If Jets were interested in aggressively pursuing another veteran WR for the start of TC, then Braylon would've made more sense, because of the productive chemistry he had with Sanchez.

The Jets may want Hill and Schilens to get as much reps as possible, and accelerate their development. Especially Hill, who has off the charts Megatron potential.

Near the end of preseason, and just before the start of the season, players will be cut for all sorts of reasons. That's when Jets got Maybin last year. And CAP casualties are a big part of these cuts. Decent players could be found here.

So roster cuts can be when Jets end up adding last minute depth, and pick up serviceable players at WR, OL and the RB positions. It seems to happen every year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    Jets are also interested in bringing in a veteran RT, or possibly another RB for G&P. Perhaps more so then at the WR position.

The Burress experiment didn't really work last year. His legs were gone, and he couldn't get separation and production between the 20s. So I don't imagine the Jets want to try another aged WR like T.O.

If Jets were interested in aggressively pursuing another veteran WR for the start of TC, then Braylon would've made more sense, because of the productive chemistry he had with Sanchez.

The Jets may want Hill and Schilens to get as much reps as possible, and accelerate their development. Especially Hill, who has off the charts Megatron potential.

Near the end of preseason, and just before the start of the season, players will be cut for all sorts of reasons. That's when Jets got Maybin last year. And CAP casualties are a big part of these cuts. Decent players could be found here.

So roster cuts can be when Jets end up adding last minute depth, and pick up serviceable players at WR, OL and the RB positions. It seems to happen every year.
    I largely agree. Veteran RT and a vet RB take precedent to me. However, the Burress comparison isn't fair. A vet WR this year, would not fill as large a role as Burress did, but would be there for depth.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why would you think that I would respond that I don't want to sign Keyshawn?
    Is there some magical reason that I should have known your thoughts about Keyshawn ?

I posted my comment. You made the next post without quoting who you were responding to. I asked if you were replying to me or the OP. You said that you were talking to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    I largely agree. Veteran RT and a vet RB take precedent to me. However, the Burress comparison isn't fair. A vet WR this year, would not fill as large a role as Burress did, but would be there for depth.
    Agree...another veteran WR for depth makes sense. Jets should be able to get one when roster cuts are made.

I like Burress and hope he finds a new home.

Plaxico probably thought he could get a starting role somewhere. But he's now probably a player that can only be effective as a sub package possession receiver. As in endzone-redzone situations. And it's looking more like he's going to be a last minute addition to a team desperate for WR help.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...great-teammate

"... the Jets weren't interested in bringing him back for another season. Just like the 31 other NFL clubs. And it's a development that still puzzles Burress."

Burress...T.O....Moss... sad ends of the road can happen very quickly for star diva WRs. And more so for the RB position. Like a King Kong beating his chest...while taking bullets on top of the Empire State Building...we know how it's going to end. But the Beast doesn't.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because he's a bigger diva than Holmes and much older. Can you imagine the two of them fighting over receptions? Yikes.

The Jets have enough personalities, they, under ANY circumstance, do not need to add T.O.'s. I'd much rather pick up someone like Mike Williams or give Ganaway/Turner/White a shot than Owens.

Dump this.
    I agree that the Jets should take a look at Williams.