Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Everyone says we need a veteran wr why not T.O?

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like

    Everyone says we need a veteran wr why not T.O?

    Heres a guy who is broke and is desperate for a job. Im not concerned about him being a cancer he'd be stupid to open his mouth at this point in his career hes a veteran guy who can teach the young guys a thing or 2. Imo hes worth atleast a look

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    He CAN'T keep his mouth shut. Impossible.

  3. #3
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    3,240
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign him now.... Not, has been....

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he's a psycho...

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    He CAN'T keep his mouth shut. Impossible.
    I don't think hes a choice at this point he has nothing left as far as talent goes. Believe me im not a T.O fan by any stretch but I think he'll keep his mouth shut.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he's a bigger diva than Holmes and much older. Can you imagine the two of them fighting over receptions? Yikes.

    The Jets have enough personalities, they, under ANY circumstance, do not need to add T.O.'s. I'd much rather pick up someone like Mike Williams or give Ganaway/Turner/White a shot than Owens.

    Dump this.

  7. #7
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Because he's a bigger diva than Holmes and much older. Can you imagine the two of them fighting over receptions? Yikes.

    The Jets have enough personalities, they, under ANY circumstance, do not need to add T.O.'s. I'd much rather pick up someone like Mike Williams or give Ganaway/Turner/White a shot than Owens.

    Dump this.
    Hes not going to fight over receptions its stupid to think so HES BROKE he'll be more then happy standing on the sidelines with that ridiculous smile collecting a pay check he'll be here to teach NOTHING else

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,794
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    I don't think hes a choice at this point he has nothing left as far as talent goes. Believe me im not a T.O fan by any stretch but I think he'll keep his mouth shut.
    There is no reason whatsoever to believe that he wouldn't do what he has always done. Just because he is broke and old doesnt mean he is gonna change something he has done his entire career. I'd be shocked if anyone picks him up. I would be willing to bet everything that he has played his last down in the NFL

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Heres a guy who is broke and is desperate for a job. Im not concerned about him being a cancer he'd be stupid to open his mouth at this point in his career hes a veteran guy who can teach the young guys a thing or 2. Imo hes worth atleast a look
    Umm, think you're overlooking that fact that HE IS STUPID

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,320
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you see what happened last year?

    You want to put T.O. and Holmes around young guys like Hill, Kerley, White, and even Schillens?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Hes not going to fight over receptions its stupid to think so HES BROKE he'll be more then happy standing on the sidelines with that ridiculous smile collecting a pay check he'll be here to teach NOTHING else
    To teach what, how to not pay child support, one day get cut from a ****hole AFL team, and end up broke and desperate?

    You want to pay the guy to stand on the sidelines? I'd rather the money go toward a RT, who would actually, you know, help.

    Please dump this thread. It's getting sad.

  12. #12
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    588
    Post Thanks / Like

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather hire Keyshawn as a "receiver consultant"

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why?

    He hasn't been productive and has ruined every team that was winning, putting himself first.

    Do some people only want players who they've seen on ESPN Sportcenter?

  15. #15
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why?

    He hasn't been productive and has ruined every team that was winning, putting himself first.

    Do some people only want players who they've seen on ESPN Sportcenter?
    Is that reply to me or the OP ?

  16. #16
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Why?

    He hasn't been productive and has ruined every team that was winning, putting himself first.

    Do some people only want players who they've seen on ESPN Sportcenter?
    LOL I don't watch sportscenter. ESPN lost my interest a long time ago actually cable itself lost my interest a long time ago.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    LOL I don't watch sportscenter. ESPN lost my interest a long time ago actually cable itself lost my interest a long time ago.
    Well then what makes you want this loser?

    Memory from a long time ago watching TO highlights?

    Because sure as sh1t haven't seen him do anything worth squat in some time.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    14,141
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Is that reply to me or the OP ?
    You? Why?

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    You? Why?
    Because it would have been silly for me to reply to your post until I knew that it was directed at what I said, and not the OP ?



    Anyways, you ask why I would prefer to bring Keyshawn in as a consultant ? You say he "hasn't been productive" ? Not sure what production you are talking about, or why it matters since he wouldn't be coming in as a player.

    The thought was that if they don't grab a vet receiver, then he could be that guy who could mentor the young talent in our receiving corps.

  20. #20
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Well then what makes you want this loser?

    Memory from a long time ago watching TO highlights?

    Because sure as sh1t haven't seen him do anything worth squat in some time.
    I don't want him catching I want him to TEACH this isn't some no name hes a future hall of famer he knows the game of football any who tries disputing that is an idiot. He could be big in helping the young recivers develop is there any other veteran WR out the credentials of T.O not even close.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us