Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 5 Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    In a strange way, it's actually No Child Left Behind's fault
    Wrong forum. Are you really going to take political talk and let it interfere with football? You are much better than this.

Untouchable;4531418]Did you not watch last season?

We DID allow Sanchez to shoulder more of the load and take more chances, and the results were f*cking disastrous.

Until he proves that he can complete more than 55% of his passes and improve upon a 1:1 TD/turnover ratio, then why we would allow him to be the focal point of this offense?

Yes, I did watch last season. I am knowledgeable enough to know that Sanchez ran for his life from play ONE of the season when Wayne Hunter almost got his QB killed with his poor play. I sit on my coach and a red flag went up for Hunter after game one. What did rex do?

HC Rex Ryan IGNORED Wayne Hunter's play and had no viable back up for Mangold when he got hurt. Hunter's unacceptable play was apparent from the VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE SEASON. Sanchez was running for his life the ENTIRE SEASON! A real HC would have had a HUGE RED FLAG over Hunter from the first game and if there was no improvement something had to be done. Instead, Hunter is still on the team!!! If Rex was MORE CONCERNED with the entire team he MIGHT have benched Hunter, demanded better back ups on offense, lit a fire under Holmes' ass etc. Instead, it appears, that he ignored, and continues to ignore, EVERY issue on offense. He admits he didnt even sit in on meetings throughout the season. These are the actions of a complete HC? We get it, he is a good, even great defensive coach. But if he continues to ignore glaring issues on offense we will be looking for a new HC and direction sooner than later........

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Schotty is gone, yet we still hear about Sanchez going 8 for 20 with two INT's in practice.

Maybe Sanchez just isn't a good practice player, but it's still discouraging when you hear about rookie QB's like Luck and RG3 vastly outperforming a 4th year QB with almost 60 professional starts under his belt.
    True, but are Luck and RG3 throwing against Revis and Cromartie during practice? if we heard that Sanchez was completing 28 of 30 passes in practice we would want to know when Revis got hurt.

Did you not watch last season?

We DID allow Sanchez to shoulder more of the load and take more chances, and the results were f*cking disastrous.

Until he proves that he can complete more than 55% of his passes and improve upon a 1:1 TD/turnover ratio, then why we would allow him to be the focal point of this offense?
    The Jets don't have any QB on the team that achieved those numbers.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    True, but are Luck and RG3 throwing against Revis and Cromartie during practice? if we heard that Sanchez was completing 28 of 30 passes in practice we would want to know when Revis got hurt.
    Come on! Stop with the excuses. Read the Packers reports this off season. Touchdowns in the air left and right. And the packers have good CB's.

I think we just need to come to terms with what we have. A mediocre at best offense and an average QB! We better run the ball with success this year or we are looking at another 8-8.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This is the 3rd year in a row that Sanchez has thrown against Revis and Cromartie in practice.

You'd think he would know their tendencies a little better by now.

I think before people start jumping off the ledge Rex said today they are still installing the offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    IMHO, Rex has done nothing but harm to Mark Sanchez' career from the start. From ridiculous pressure of predicting multiple SB wins to calling out other team's HCs. This is how you groom a top ten pick at QB who had limited starts in college? The decision to have a no threat legitimate back up in Mark Brunell, ignoring the glaring issues on the OLINE, and the harmful actions, with no disciplinary actions to S Holmes (and now Cromartie) only underlines that Rex has little clue in being a complete HC. Being a complete HC includes addressing issues on offense. Here is an article that underlines my pov. It appears that Rex has continued to learn nothing.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...f7kj8ymDE9pEVI
    I have my issues with Rex but that article does not underline your POV.

That article underlines that Rex is willing to:

1) accept that there are areas he needs to improve on and
    2) reach out to people to help him learn what is necessary to become a better all-around head coach.

I think we all recognize that Rex has his flaws as a HC but I think you shot yourself in the foot a little by attempting to use that article as a way to illustrate your POV. The article shows that Rex is a work in progress and he recognizes that and is willing to make improvements.

Wrong forum. Are you really going to take political talk and let it interfere with football? You are much better than this.
    Note the smiley, cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I have my issues with Rex but that article does not underline your POV.

That article underlines that Rex is willing to:

1) accept that there are areas he needs to improve on and
    2) reach out to people to help him learn what is necessary to become a better all-around head coach.

I think we all recognize that Rex has his flaws as a HC but I think you shot yourself in the foot a little by attempting to use that article as a way to illustrate your POV. The article shows that Rex is a work in progress and he recognizes that and is willing to make improvements.
    Yes Jordy, I would agree and felt the same way when I read the article. I thought, "maybe this is the first steps for Rex becoming better." I am sad to say that Rex appears to have not changed. He continues to brag and gloat on defense, Rex continues to call out all HCs when he claims he's the best defensively consequently making it tougher for the offense and Sanchez to succeed, defensive players are stating they are better than offensive players, Holmes continues to bark with no disciplinary actions, Hunter is still on the team, etc.

IMHO, this TC, Rex should be blatantly making his focus on the offense and calling out his players on D.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08-01-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Note the smiley, cop.
    noted, my bad......

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Come on! Stop with the excuses. Read the Packers reports this off season. Touchdowns in the air left and right. And the packers have good CB's.

I think we just need to come to terms with what we have. A mediocre at best offense and an average QB! We better run the ball with success this year or we are looking at another 8-8.
    Packers D was ranked 32nd against the pass last season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    Mostly due to craptastic safety play when Nick Collins went down.

Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams aren't exactly slouches at corner.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Mostly due to craptastic safety play when Nick Collins went down.

Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams aren't exactly slouches at corner.
    And GB played with big leads early in games all year. Teams had no choice but to throw againt them all game.

Quote Originally Posted by Led Halen View Post
    And are we really comparing Sanchez to Aaron Rodgers?

Face it, as much as anyone wants to read into practice numbers, we won't know where Sanchez is at until he gets some game action.

Yes, I did watch last season. I am knowledgeable enough to know that Sanchez ran for his life from play ONE of the season when Wayne Hunter almost got his QB killed with his poor play. I sit on my coach and a red flag went up for Hunter after game one. What did rex do?

HC Rex Ryan IGNORED Wayne Hunter's play and had no viable back up for Mangold when he got hurt. Hunter's unacceptable play was apparent from the VERY FIRST PLAY OF THE SEASON. Sanchez was running for his life the ENTIRE SEASON! A real HC would have had a HUGE RED FLAG over Hunter from the first game and if there was no improvement something had to be done. Instead, Hunter is still on the team!!! If Rex was MORE CONCERNED with the entire team he MIGHT have benched Hunter, demanded better back ups on offense, lit a fire under Holmes' ass etc. Instead, it appears, that he ignored, and continues to ignore, EVERY issue on offense. He admits he didnt even sit in on meetings throughout the season. These are the actions of a complete HC? We get it, he is a good, even great defensive coach. But if he continues to ignore glaring issues on offense we will be looking for a new HC and direction sooner than later........
    Does Mike Mcarthy make defensive adjustments? Does Mike Tomlin? Was Sean Payton sitting in defensive meetings?

This crap about rex only being a defensive coach is getting old. Does he need to have a better grip on the locker room then he did last year....Absolutely yes. Should he have known and subsequently ripped santonio a new a$$hole and benched him, yes. But to say he should start telling his OC who to play or tell Tannenbaum to cut hunter is ridiculous.

First off, who woud have been the RT had they benched Hunter as you say? Its not rex's fault that turner got hurt, and vlad sucked as a RT. There is no doubt as bad as hunter played, he was the best option on the team in 2011.

More importantly, do you honestly think NFL coaches, really have a hand in the intricacies of both sides of the ball? Do you have any idea how hard that is? Sean Payton didnít win a SB until he got a good DC in Gregg Wiliams because he was an offensive coach who needed a better defensive coach to help him. Mike Mcarthy didnít win a SB until he got a great DC in Dom Capers to help him. Gary Kubiak was basically out the door, until he got wade Phillips in the door to coach up his defense and what do you know, they had a great year.

Rex happens to be a coach that knows the defensive side of the ball, and for whatever reason (blind loyalty or woody forcing him to keep schotty) he was saddled with an offensive coach who sucked. Hopefully now that is not the caseÖ.but only time will tell. The only thing we definitely know, is that rex taking time away from the defense where he is an EXPERT, to add offensive advice where he is not an expert, isnt the answer.

Note the smiley, cop.
    I thought it was funny.

If you can't laugh at yourself once in a while, maybe you're taking all this a little too seriously.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go finsih painting that fist on my new "Casual" Kilt.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think before people start jumping off the ledge Rex said today they are still installing the offense.
    And playing with about 4 healthy receivers.

Hard to throw TD's when your WR's are depth players and cap fodder, while also installing and learning a new offense.

Jets Insider VIP

and you have ignored the fact that the whole OL was terrible. You get your jollies off by dumping on one player but conveniently forget that BRICK allowed as amany sacks and had nearly as many penalties. Time to get over it. This is a new season. I hope that the OL rebounds as well as the entire offense, Sanchez included. he simp-ly must not hold on to the ball too long!

Hill has ALL the potential in the world...but right now he know nothing about the NFL. Holmes is great route runner but he's a #2. Keller is good.
    Schillens, Turner, etc are just JAGS. Sanchez needs a Keyshawn type wr.