Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 5 Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Out of all these tweets it is totally apparent who the competent journalists are and who the idiot with an agenda is. I am not exposed to this Cimini guy that much because I'm in Canada but does that guy ever make a tweet without a blatant dig in it? The guy sounds like a real Ass clown.
    Just focus on Jenny Vrentas tweets...She's the best of the Jets writers, hands down.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Bell drops pick of Sanchez in 2-min team drills. Sanchez working w/a lot of back-up receivers.

First-team 2-min drive ends with 51-yard FG by Folk. Sanchez 4-for-10 on that drive.
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-01-2012 at 10:39 AM.

Powell looking great, I think we will be just fine with Greene, McKnight & Powell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Rotoworld said the Jets were disappointed Braylon signed with Seattle as he was on our radar....I really hope we dont regret not brining him in, we simply cannot rely on chaz. Hopefully turner can contribute.

I dont think bringing braylon in would have stunted Hills growth at all, and in passing situations we could have had hill and braylon outside, with holmes in the slot.

Translation: Tanny dropped the ball.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    No worries. He'll be our #2 or #3.
    Kind of amazing that Schillens is the veteran WR they decide to bring in this year to depend on for providing depth to this WR group. Even more so when you consider he was brought in before they drafted Hill. What if they were not able to get Hill? He would be the #2 Wr.

Hall Of Fame
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    First-team 2-min drive ends with 51-yard FG by Folk. Sanchez 4-for-10 on that drive

Practice over. Not much improvement in the passing game...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Whether they use it or not it forces other teams to prepare for it. Teams that have a legit threat to fake or teams that pull off a few successful fakes force every other team in the league to spend practice time defending against the threat rather than working on other things.

This was a very smart move by the Jets to have Tebow back there.
    I agree. I just don't want the rest of the league to hear about it or see it.

I guarantee that BB would never give ESPN this kind of access and in the unlikely event he ever did, he wouldn't run any fake punt plays for everyone to know about.

Hall Of Fame

I am not sure how much stock I would put into that report. I would think if the Jets really wanted him, they would have signed him. I don't know what he signed for but I think the Jets could have afforded it. I have a hard time imagining they were very far apart in terms of compensation.

Or maybe I am giving Tanny too much of the benefit of the doubt.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mark Sanchez finished 8 for 20 with INT on 26 snaps. He went 4 for 10 in the 2 minute drive

Tim Tebow finished 3 for 5 with an INT and was sacked twice today. Practice is over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not sure how much stock I would put into that report. I would think if the Jets really wanted him, they would have signed him. I don't know what he signed for but I think the Jets could have afforded it. I have a hard time imagining they were very far apart in terms of compensation.

Or maybe I am giving Tanny too much of the benefit of the doubt.
    I don't know about that but I DO know that the Jets have issues at WR right now after Holmes and Hill.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Practice over. Not much improvement in the passing game...
    I don't know what a reasonable alternative would be but I think having to run against our defense in practice really hurts our offense. Maybe run against some scrubs or generic defenses just to get some familiarity and continuity before ratcheting things up.

I guarantee that BB would never give ESPN this kind of access and in the unlikely event he ever did, he wouldn't run any fake punt plays for everyone to know about.
    Oh please. Belichick had a 2 hour special on HBO where they taped every step he made a couple years ago during the regular season. He even let them tape him in the office game planning for defenses, analyizing defenses with Tom Brady and talking about their strengths and what to look for and all that stuff.

And if you go NFL Network you'll see them cover the Buccs the same way ESPN covers the Jets. Let's not make a big deal about it.

Pathetic if true. I'm not even one of the Braylon fan-boys, but that doesn't change the fact that this team is thin at WR and he was one of the best available on the market.

He just signed a one-year deal for what was most likely ballpark money to what the team would have paid Otah. Perfect insurance in case Hill needs more time to develop, Kerley slumps or Schilens drops a bone on the field and is out for the year again.

Jets Insider VIP

Every fake punt I have seen thus far has looked pretty vanilla. I would not be surprised if all of those plays are bogus and the staff wants other teams to see them.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't know about that but I DO know that the Jets have issues at WR right now after Holmes and Hill.
    So what do you think? Tanny was penny-pinching or they think he can't play?

Jets Insider VIP
    Oh please. Belichick had a 2 hour special on HBO where they taped every step he made a couple years ago during the regular season. He even let them tape him in the office game planning for defenses, analyizing defenses with Tom Brady and talking about their strengths and what to look for and all that stuff.

And if you go NFL Network you'll see them cover the Buccs the same way ESPN covers the Jets. Let's not make a big deal about it.
    Please. BB gave away no secrets. Trust me. The guy runs that team like it's the Kremlin.

And what do the Bucs have to do with BB?

Jets Insider VIP

Plus New England has their own private film crew.

Jets Insider VIP
    FWIW, Sal Pal thought we had a pretty good practice, save for that 2 min drill.

I hope Ducasse is back out there tomorrow. I can't believe I just said that.

All Pro
    I'm not sure why everyone is panicked about WR.

Holmes, Hill, Kerley -- those were always going to be our top 3.