Thread: Hypocracy

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Hypocracy

So Obama took 2 years to release his birth certificate, has never released his education records and used executive privlidge to cover up gun running docs for Holder. On the other hand Obama did release his tax returns in 2008 and again for this election.

I think the whole thing is being used as a class warfare attack to show that Romney (100s of millions) is so much richer than Obama (millions). I know being successful has always been a bad thing for a presidential candidate.

Obama Campaign Brings Up 'Felons' in Latest Ad

Daniel Halper

July 31, 2012 12:49 PM

The latest web ad from Barack Obama's campaign goes after Mitt Romney for not releasing more tax returns than he already has. The ad, titled "Mitt Romney's Tax Returns: When Will He Come Clean?," at one point flashes two words onscreen, "FELONS" and "TAX RECORDS."

The words, "FELONS" and "TAX RECORDS," are displayed onscreen for at least six seconds, so the Obama campaign wants to make sure its viewers see the words.

Given the title of the ad--and the subject--the ad wants viewers to consider that Mitt Romney might not be releasing more tax returns because, the Obama campaign is suggesting, he might be a felon. (Watch the ad here.)

This isn't the first time the Obama campaign has accused Romney of possibly being a felon. Last month, Stephanie Cutter, an Obama deputy campaign manager, said that Romney is either a liar or a felon.

The Romney campaign vehemently denies the suggestion and last time called on President Obama to apologize after those comments. And though Obama never apologized, the president's campaign had eased up on suggesting that Romney might be a felon.

Until today's spot.

This Obama campaign ad is reminiscent of the George W. Bush 2000 ad, which was interpreted as subliminally calling Al Gore a rat. As PBS reported at the time:
    The ad, which has been airing on television stations across the country for two weeks, is critical of Vice President Al Gore's Medicare plan. But most troubling to the Gore campaign is a frame of the ad where the word "RATS" -- a fragment of the word "bureaucrats" -- appears in white capital letters larger than any other word in the commercial. Some Democrats called the image -- which appears for one 30th of a second -- a subliminal attempt to influence voters.
    The word appears on-screen while the commercial tells viewers that, under Gore's plan, "bureaucrats decide" how their health care plans will operate.
    The ad, sponsored by the Republican National Committee, is being pulled, although the campaign said it was scheduled to end its run tomorrow anyway.
    The difference, though, is obvious: This Obama ad isn't subliminal or subtle.
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ad_649152.html

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    So Obama took 2 years to release his birth certificate, has never released his education records and used executive privlidge to cover up gun running docs for Holder. On the other hand Obama did release his tax returns in 2008 and again for this election.

I think the whole thing is being used as a class warfare attack to show that Romney (100s of millions) is so much richer than Obama (millions). I know being successful has always been a bad thing for a presidential candidate.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ad_649152.html
    So why doesnt Mitt end it all by releasing them?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    The same could be said for Obama and all of the things I listed that he won't release.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So many reasons why.

Let's start with:
    1) He doesn't need to
    2) Only morons who have already decided they're voting O care
    3) Where do you draw the line on ludicrous requests from your opponent? I congratulate him on standing his ground. This is childish.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    The same could be said for Obama and all of the things I listed that he won't release.
    The funny is that the exact same arguments once used about Birthergate and now being used about TaxRecGate. To the letter.

Worse, the "bar" on taxrecgate has been moved repeatedly, so that Romney is not only expected to have paid all his taxes, but (from a variety of liberal media sources on-air) is being premeptively accused and criticised for taking any/all of his legally due tax breaks/exceptions and potentially paying "no taxes" under the current tax laws.....as if he wrote them or did anything other than follow the law.

So the theary, thus far on the media-left, is that Romney both avoided taxes criminally via his offshore accounts, and didn't pay enough on what he did pay, because he only paid what the Law required him to.

Not sure how a tax record release is going to satisfy those critics, tbqh.

But I am a fan on honesty, and like with Obama's birth certificate and college records, I think Romney should release any tax recrods he's asked to tbqh. And then he can defend them, as a good conservative should be able to do on taxes. If he can't defend them...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    So many reasons why.

Let's start with:
    1) He doesn't need to
    2) Only morons who have already decided they're voting O care
    3) Where do you draw the line on ludicrous requests from your opponent? I congratulate him on standing his ground. This is childish.
    Sounds like a defense of Obama and his long form birth certificate.

Romney certainly he doesn't HAVE to. But he does so at his own peril.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a defense of Obama and his long form birth certificate.

Romney certainly he doesn't HAVE to. But he does so at his own peril.
    I'm still waiting for Clinton's medical records, you just can't rush these kind of things

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Obama's College Records under lock and key and his Ct. Social Security #. Whats up Obama.