Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MASS BANNINGS

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

MASS BANNINGS

When you get a moment, will one of our moderators please explain why guys like Stokes, southside, JT, and AGAW (sorry if I missed someone) were banned?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was in the tattoo thread. DWC came on and some comments were made back and forth and a few posts got deleted. Then a few more comments and they were all banned. I didn't see any comments by stokes so I didn't realize he was one of them.

Not sure if I missed something or not but it really didn't seem too bad. I thought it was an overreaction.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's ghey. Especially considering that the same handful of derpy doos are running wild on the strip.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too would like to know as well.

I think it was isired if I'm not mistaken.
    And not for nothing, but I've never seen him modding The Hampur before, really.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    It was in the tattoo thread. DWC came on and some comments were made back and forth and a few posts got deleted. Then a few more comments and they were all banned. I didn't see any comments by stokes so I didn't realize he was one of them.

Not sure if I missed something or not but it really didn't seem too bad. I thought it was an overreaction.
    Thanks, cross.

My error on Stokes. He's not banned. Sorry for the mixup.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just read the thread. In my opinion, Gata should be banned for starting the offending thread. Of course, she could be spared by posting some lingerie/bathing suit shots of herself and/or/with several of her hot gal pals.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sure things will get sorted out

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stokes is usually one of the band.

It was isired that banded them. JT commented "nice work" after DWC's picture and AGAW & southside laughed. Then DWC acted like a 4 year old and went off.

JT responded and then posts were deleted. Then JT commented that it was "ghey" to have deleted the posts and southside and AGAW agreed.

Unless I missed something, that was it. I was shocked they were banded. Could be wrong but it sure seemed like DWC went whining for the mods to save him.

Felt like a complete overreaction to me which is why I posted the "nice work" comment after questioning the rationale behind the bandings. Seriously, this is the friggin' hampur.

If people were band every time they made equal or worse statements on the phail strip, half the morons over there would be gone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Just read the thread. In my opinion, Gata should be banned for starting the offending thread. Of course, she could be spared by posting some lingerie/bathing suit shots of herself and/or/with several of her hot gal pals.
    Very true Borgo. And you're quite the gentleman to offer her a chance at redemption.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If people were band every time they made equal or worse statements on the phail strip, half the morons over there would be gone.
    I hereby nominate CROfire for Pfail Stripe Mod

get on the (short) bus!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    Very true. Although, I am always saddened when some of the more morphologically virile posters (minus southside, of course, who is saddled with dangling participle syndrome) are missing from the Hampur. We need their contributions, so hope the bannings are short lived.

Stokes is usually one of the band.

It was isired that banded them. JT commented "nice work" after DWC's picture and AGAW & southside laughed. Then DWC acted like a 4 year old and went off.

JT responded and then posts were deleted. Then JT commented that it was "ghey" to have deleted the posts and southside and AGAW agreed.

Unless I missed something, that was it. I was shocked they were banded. Could be wrong but it sure seemed like DWC went whining for the mods to save him.

Felt like a complete overreaction to me which is why I posted the "nice work" comment after questioning the rationale behind the bandings. Seriously, this is the friggin' hampur.

Thanks for the encapsulation. Unless those missing posts are completely egregious, I don't get all the fuss.

Very true Borgo. And you're quite the gentleman to offer her a chance at redemption.
    Thank you, most kindly. Just doing my part for site/societal balance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't get to read the offending posts, but I gather it had something to do with DWC posting a pic of his tatooed anus.

Please don't band me, I just want to talk some football. I knew I shouldn't have went to the Pfail Strip.

P.S. - Great alter ego, JT! LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I think it was isired if I'm not mistaken.
    And not for nothing, but I've never seen him modding The Hampur before, really.
    Mod banning quota to fill at month end?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    Mod banning quota to fill at month end?
    Just another example of the man trying to keep us down.

Thanks to Obama and his cronies, we can expect to see alot more of this.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

get on the (short) bus!!
    Um, wut

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DWC... still doing good things for this forum here in 2012. If you weighed the quality of posts on one of those old school scales with the banned on one side and DWC on the other he'd be shot into the stratosphere by the mismatch.

Also,

isired and/or 32Green... I was just banned. I crossed the line, posted a picture of a tat, had a comment about "anus" and just went overboard. I knew I shouldn't have went over to the off-topic forum, not sure why I did. I just enjoy and love talking about the Jets, please don't make it a perma-ban. Going through a lot in my life right now, just need a way to escape reality and talk sports from time to time. I see a - (slash) next to my ban, which means it's a perma....?

All I wanna do is talk Jets football. I've joined 3 fantasy leagues on JI thus far, just looking for a fun season. Not being able to post here takes away a lot of that enjoyment. I know I've been banned in the past, but all I'm here for is to talk football. Not call out people or attack people. I made a mistake, went overboard in regards to a silly comment, and deserved to be banned because of it. Just know, that I'm a good person, good heart, and just trying to enjoy the up coming season.

Please un-ban my user name?
    Last edited by Carlton; 08-01-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made a topic ... you guys should know how to behave ...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    LOL

Now that's some quality moderating right there.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Relax, they were one day bans, your dates will be allowed back into the dance later tonight. The initial post that drew my "be nice" warning was a bit more than "nice work", another mod tried to help JT out by editing it. Bottom line, there were a series of personal attacks, and while I and every other mod in the site gives a bit more leeway in the hampur, there's still a line.

And not for nothing, but I mod every forum on the site. I rarely ban anyone, but if I ask you to stop attacking one another and you can't, you need a timeout.

The whining about deleted posts is interesting, that may be a more effective deterrent than bandings - i thought it was only SAR that thought his posts somehow had value.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

get on the (short) bus!!
    For the record... was that supposed to be a compliment or were you saying I suck enough to be a mod?