Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: Any Skrillex Fans in the Hampur?

  1. #41
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,094
    For my fellow deadmau5 fans, just found this amazing song yesterday. I think it's pretty new. Beautiful, mellow sound.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSOhYwRzRA

    -------------
    I've hijacked my Skrillex thread and turned it into a deadmau5 one.

  2. #42
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    This guy.

    Disliked him at first, but now I can't get enough. He is definitely an acquired taste.

  3. #43
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Since we're talking trance, one of my favorite new artists is Madeon. He's an 18 year old phenom from France. What I like about him is he has the heavy thumping beats that Skrillex has, but he also has the more musical/melodic sound like deadmau5. Can't wait til he releases more stuff.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqiB4IWQgNA

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCja-dHi6NI
    Seeing Madeon at Lolla this weekend...he and Porter Robinson are my favorites right now.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Yes. You should look into Spotify. It's available on the computer as well as in app form. Life-changing for the music junkie. There is a free plan, a $5 plan, and a $10 plan (monthly).

    I pay the $10/month premium and it's worth every cent. Access to an almost unlimited music library.
    Spotify has changed the music world. It's a must have.

  5. #45
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    For my fellow deadmau5 fans, just found this amazing song yesterday. I think it's pretty new. Beautiful, mellow sound.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tSOhYwRzRA

    -------------
    I've hijacked my Skrillex thread and turned it into a deadmau5 one.
    Saw Skrillex and Deadmau5 last year at Lolla and the **** was epic. Skrillex kills it, the kid goes hard all the time. People just react in such insane ways when he is spinning. Deadmau5 is like an acid trip (never done it, but I bet that's what it's like if I did) and he just takes you on this journey. We saw him on Sunday night, as the headliner closing the festival out and it started pouring torrentially when he hit the stage. Insanity.

  6. #46
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Deadmau5 is like an acid trip (never done it, but I bet that's what it's like if I did) and he just takes you on this journey.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And after hearing what you say... I ****ing MUST see both Skrillex and deadmau5 perform live in the near future. Must.

  7. #47
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    And after hearing what you say... I ****ing MUST see both Skrillex and deadmau5 perform live in the near future. Must.
    You gotta man. The crowd alone takes you to another planet...insanity.

  8. #48
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    3,094
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    You gotta man. The crowd alone takes you to another planet...insanity.
    My cousin told me the same thing. He's the one who got me into the whole electronica/trance genre back in January. I've literally been listening to it for hours daily since then.

    Gotta get to a rave ASAP. And be absolutely ****ed up at it.

  9. #49
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,316
    get a room fellas


    All kidding aside, I did manage to find & download about 100 or so Skrillex tunes last night (thank you, Google & unprotected directories!) and although Im not a fan of every song, there is definitely some energizing stuff out there

    Although Im pissed at myself for not downloading more Daft Punk sooner....

  10. #50
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,632
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    My cousin told me the same thing. He's the one who got me into the whole electronica/trance genre back in January. I've literally been listening to it for hours daily since then.

    Gotta get to a rave ASAP. And be absolutely ****ed up at it.
    Whatever you choose to do while you are there is up to you, I was never one for recreational use, but most in that setting are into it. I always felt when you are in that environment, with that type of music and the people and the crowd and the energy, why the hell else do you need something else? Just me.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us