Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Havent seen any reports on Quinton Coples

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Havent seen any reports on Quinton Coples

Good or bad, nothing really. Pretty quiet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    inb4Gholston'd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    In this day and age of twitter, 10 million camp updates, 24/7 sports coverage, if he were struggling we'd have heard of it. So there is that. There are bigger stories with this team though, maybe it's better he will not have a spotlight on him during camp. Think about the coverage guys like RG3, Luck, Blackmon, etc. are getting already

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex said during a press conference in the last day or two that Coples is exactly where he thought he would be at this point in time. Said that he is pushing the pocket. I think that given Rex's high expectations, saying that he is "where he thought [Coples] would be" is an encouraging remark.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    3-4 DE doesn't really make eye popping plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Rex is a little upset with how slow he is progressing. Thought he would at least be a Pro Bowler by now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard nothing on Devito, Pouha, Wilkerson, Bart Scott, Harris, Bell, D'Brick, Mangold, Moore etc. I guess they all suck. Same Ole Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's swimming in a pool of versatility. he's being asked to learn i think every position on the D-Line, 34 and 43. he has the size and athleticism for it, just hope he has the head for it as well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I kind of missed the days where we had to wait for an actual pre-season game and the games themselves to evaluate the progress of a player.

Now we have Twitter, and ESPN Tebowmania coverage dissecting every fart and shower the players have during camp...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I kind of missed the days where we had to wait for an actual pre-season game and the games themselves to evaluate the progress of a player.
    even then it was BS. A guy would make a play in preseason, and everyone would say who cares, he made that play against the future grocery baggers of America.

Basically Coples needs to perform when it's real. That's the bottom line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you need to hear reports. Rex and Beany drafted him--he can't miss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would tend to think that as the preseason progresses we will start to hear a lot more Coples. On report that I have heard, is that he really hasn't stood out much..... but honestly. after a few practices.. some not in pads... need to give rookie time to get a bit comfortable... Frankly we haven't heard much of anyone on defensive line... Maybin and Sapp seem to have gotten some good press early in camp.. Bart Scott receiving some as well..

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    3-4 DE doesn't really make eye popping plays.
    Jets arent strictly a 3-4 team anymore. Its a hybrid defense now which is why I think the Jets wanted Coples over Ingram. He can play inside and outside.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard reports yesterday on WFAN that he was consistently being controlled at the LOS by Vlad.

Didn't sound good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Why do you need to hear reports. Rex and Beany drafted him--he can't miss.
    Why not call him what you REALLY want to call him? It's pretty obvious from where I sit.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I heard reports yesterday on WFAN that he was consistently being controlled at the LOS by Vlad.

Didn't sound good.
    Maybe Vlad is just that good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe he's simply struggling early in camp. Rex's comments are similar to what he said about a disappointing player a couple years ago.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coples is a non-story as far as media types are concerned. Tebow, Sanchez, Holmes, Rex, and Revis are the real stories. Throw in a occasional Cromartie, and you got your stories.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

Didn't sound good.
    I heard the same thing. Hopefully, it wasn't true or the kid just had a bad day.

We're do to hit on a front 7 stud after Dewayne and Vernon!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Coples is a non-story as far as media types are concerned. Tebow, Sanchez, Holmes, Rex, and Revis are the real stories. Throw in a occasional Cromartie, and you got your stories.
    I would like to hear more about him, he was our 1st round pick and we are desperate for a pass rush.