Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kareem McKenzie for RT

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    How many sacks did McKenzie allow last year? How many did Hunter allow? How about knockdowns?
    Hunter is worse, and he's likely to get Sanchez injured if we have to endure another season of him.
    I just showed you. Kareem had 626 pass blocks and gave up 59 pressures. Hunter had 609 pass blocks, and gave up 54. About even.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'll admit, I'm having difficulty typing this, but I actually think that Wayne Hunter will be better this season than would Kareem McKenzie.

(that was very painful to type)
    I tend to agree with that. If nothing else, Sparano doesn't strike me as the guy that is going to leave a guy out on an island to block a pass rusher if he's struggling with the matchup, which he-who-shall-not-be-named did 90% of the time.

Veteran
    Sparano is all about running and max protection. They were running 3TE sets today. That in addition to working on getting the ball out quicker will help Wayne. The OL will be ok even with Hunter. Yes Vodka and optimism can be a cure all for a fan of the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    2011 Pass Blocking Efficiency, Offensive Tackles, Bottom 20
    # Name Team Pass Block Snaps Total Pressure Allowed PBE
    56 Jeremy Bridges ARZ 319 26 93.3
    57 Sean Locklear WAS 205 17 93.3
    58 Jeromey Clary SD 621 56 93.0
    59 J'Marcus Webb
    CHI 549 48 92.9
    60 Levi Brown ARZ 620 56 92.8
    61 Wayne Hunter NYJ 604 54 92.8
    62 Barry Richardson KC 552 50 92.8
    63 Kareem McKenzie NYG 626 59 92.7
    64 Jammal Brown WAS 463 43 92.5
    65 Rodger Saffold SL 359 32 92.5
    66 Jeremy Trueblood TB 596 59 92.4
    67 Brandon Keith ARZ 321 31 92.4
    68 Marc Colombo MIA 543 53 92.3
    69 Marshall Newhouse GB 544 54 92.2
    70 Jonathan Scott PIT 203 20 91.9
    71 Guy Whimper JAX 472 48 91.6
    72 James Carpenter SEA 311 33 91.6
    73 Lance Louis CHI 347 38 91.2
    74 Sam Baker ATL 242 28 90.9
    75 David Diehl NYG 246
    Another stat that is subjective to the extreme. Did they play the same teams, how good was the guard that played next to them, was one player compensating for the other. Did one team run mainly 3 and 5 step drops and quick hits and did another team run 7 step drops and deep outs. Did one team use a rolling pocket? and not the other.

I saw one the stats last year that had Revis as the 12th best corner in the league because the value that they place on interceptions.

Stats are for baseball, as Justice Potter said, "I know it when I see it" you have to watch football games, trust your eyes.

McKensie is not the same tackle that he was when he was with the jets, but he is so much better than whatever you have backing up hunter now.

If he is better than hunter on the field, the oline coach will tell Rex to start him, if hunter plays better then he will start. Simple the jets then at least have some comp at the position and insurance if one of them is hurt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Another stat that is subjective to the extreme. Did they play the same teams, how good was the guard that played next to them, was one player compensating for the other. Did one team run mainly 3 and 5 step drops and quick hits and did another team run 7 step drops and deep outs. Did one team use a rolling pocket? and not the other.

I saw one the stats last year that had Revis as the 12th best corner in the league because the value that they place on interceptions.

Stats are for baseball, as Justice Potter said, "I know it when I see it" you have to watch football games, trust your eyes.

McKensie is not the same tackle that he was when he was with the jets, but he is so much better than whatever you have backing up hunter now.

If he is better than hunter on the field, the oline coach will tell Rex to start him, if hunter plays better then he will start. Simple the jets then at least have some comp at the position and insurance if one of them is hurt.
    This isn't subjective. It's drop backs and pressures. After 600 plays these things even out. If anything with Shotty's offensive play calling, and we know he was left on an island against Ware, Suggs, and the Giants for 60 drop backs. Can't tell me McKenzie had it worse.They both played NFL teams. They both sucked is the outcome. McKenzie is not going to get better. Hunter might.

the o-line is only as strong as its weakest link. You could have 4 all pro guys, but it means nothing if Wayne Hunter is a matador at RT.
    true

Most Giants fans were disgusted with McKenzie last season.

He probably was streaky when it counted, but I vividly remember Manning getting crushed in the playoffs because of McKenzie.

Our QB is not that good that he can overcome heavy pass rush like that. Hunter needs to get his act together otherwise it's going to be another long season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

the o-line is only as strong as its weakest link. You could have 4 all pro guys, but it means nothing if Wayne Hunter is a matador at RT.
    Wow, how cliche

And wrong. Ridiculous to think that 4 lineman can play at a high level and the line would suck because on player struggles on a relatively few plays out of the season.

Eli would have loved to play behind the protection that Sanchez received last year. You can't be serious or didn't watch games if you think that giants line protected their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This isn't subjective. It's drop backs and pressures. After 600 plays these things even out. If anything with Shotty's offensive play calling, and we know he was left on an island against Ware, Suggs, and the Giants for 60 drop backs. Can't tell me McKenzie had it worse.They both played NFL teams. They both sucked is the outcome. McKenzie is not going to get better. Hunter might.
    It does not even out, they play for two different teams that played against 12 different defenses last year. It would be more valid to show the rating of two RT on the same team because then most of the parameters would be the same.

Would these stats show the dif between the top 10 and the bottom ten, yes because then the diff in rating would be enough to overcome the diff in parameters of the sample.

That said, who is your backup to Hunter, is Mckensie better than him? my premise was to sign a vet and let them compete in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It does not even out, they play for two different teams that played against 12 different defenses last year. It would be more valid to show the rating of two RT on the same team because then most of the parameters would be the same.

Would these stats show the dif between the top 10 and the bottom ten, yes because then the diff in rating would be enough to overcome the diff in parameters of the sample.

That said, who is your backup to Hunter, is Mckensie better than him? my premise was to sign a vet and let them compete in camp.
    Its tough to compare those stats since they dont account for whether or not the tackle had a TE chipping the guy or not....thats a big factor, that hunter NEVER had a TE help him.

The backup is Austin Howard. There was a writeup over the summer detailing virtually every play howard had in his one career start vs Dallas and demarcus ware. He struggled, but that was 2 years ago, and the team hopefully has helped him with technique etc. I still dont see him beating out hunter, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Its tough to compare those stats since they dont account for whether or not the tackle had a TE chipping the guy or not....thats a big factor, that hunter NEVER had a TE help him.

The backup is Austin Howard. There was a writeup over the summer detailing virtually every play howard had in his one career start vs Dallas and demarcus ware. He struggled, but that was 2 years ago, and the team hopefully has helped him with technique etc. I still dont see him beating out hunter, but who knows.
    No big shakes, Everyone struggles against Ware. I am so surprised that no posters are at the camp. You would think that fans would post on what they are seeing and not relying on what may be media bias.

We don't even know if Coples is lining up on the right side or left. or if he switches. How often they are in a 4-3 vs a 3-4, if the dbs are playing more Zone this year, how the rookies are looking back there. Not a peep.

If they are not going to sign Vernon Carey (who already knows the offensive system) then Kareem McKenzie seems like the next best choice.

I have NFL Game Rewind and went back and watched McKenzie in week 17 (vs. DeMarcus Ware) and the playoffs games. McKenzie was a decent pass blocker, held his own most of the time. And he's still a pretty good run blocker, has enough size to "Road grade". He's much, much better than Hunter.

Tannenbaum and Rex are clinically insane if they go with Wayne Hunter or some 2nd stringer who gets cut somewhere else instead of McKenzie, who is a seasoned veteran will some football still left in him.
    Losing Mckenzie to free agency was Bradway's biggest mistake as GM. But he's not the same player. Injuries and age are catching up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardTodd27 View Post
    Losing Mckenzie to free agency was Bradway's biggest mistake as GM. But he's not the same player. Injuries and age are catching up with him.
    Ummm.have you forgotten about trading up for DRob at DT? He was the 4th pick in the draft. BUST. Didn't recover in our interior till we got Jenkins and Pouha matured. Set the team back years.