Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Not Just Bean Counter

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Its Not Just Bean Counter

Everyone is down on Tannenbaum and so am I. But given the fact that in most pro football organizations, the head coach tells the GM what he needs, I have to hold the Mouth equally responsible for the present condition of the Jets. Mouth says to Bean Counter--more defensive players. Bean counter listens (remember he is not a pro-personal guy, he was a contract guy) and acts accordingly.

The offense the Jets will put on the field this year will be mediocre at best. When you are all wringing your hands come December, remember that it takes a Bean Counter and a Mouth to Tango!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Everyone is down on Tannenbaum and so am I. But given the fact that in most pro football organizations, the head coach tells the GM what he needs, I have to hold the Mouth equally responsible for the present condition of the Jets. Mouth says to Bean Counter--more defensive players. Bean counter listens (remember he is not a pro-personal guy, he was a contract guy) and acts accordingly.

The offense the Jets will put on the field this year will be mediocre at best. When you are all wringing your hands come December, remember that it takes a Bean Counter and a Mouth to Tango!
    What, exactly, were the alternatives to our current offensive talent? What would you have done during this past offseason to make our offense better, on paper?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jeez...the season hasn't even begun yet

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    We get it dude, you hate this front office and coaching staff with a passion.

No need to keep making threads about it. Your point has been made.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    What, exactly, were the alternatives to our current offensive talent? What would you have done during this past offseason to make our offense better, on paper?
    Well start with the number 1 draft choice--that could have been a skilled offensive player--be it a receiver or a running back. Then we could have done something in the free agent market to up grade several positions. And of course, you have the Wayne Hunter situation that the Jets really haven't addressed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn did I miss half the season already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well start with the number 1 draft choice--that could have been a skilled offensive player--be it a receiver or a running back. Then we could have done something in the free agent market to up grade several positions. And of course, you have the Wayne Hunter situation that the Jets really haven't addressed.
    LOL for someone with such a big "mouth" you really have no idea what you're talking about

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    LOL for someone with such a big "mouth" you really have no idea what you're talking about
    Great response and analysis--When you want to discuss this like an adult, I'll give you a second chance.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mouth and Bean Counter, eh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great response and analysis--When you want to discuss this like an adult, I'll give you a second chance.
    What's the point? You obviously just like hearing yourself talk. Kick rocks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    No kidding

Who were these WR/RB alternatives?

I'd much rather have Hill in round 2 than Kendall Wright in round 1.

And there's no damn way I would've reached on some RB like Doug Martin or David Wilson over arguably the most talented defender in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the Jets offense is going to pedestrian this year, but I think it's more on Sanchez than the FO. We drafted a 1st round WR with our 2nd round pick. The only WRs that went between our 1st and 2nd rd picks were Quick, Jenkins and Wright. I'm not sure any of those guys are much better than Hill. They will all, like most WRs, take a couple of years to develop. As for RB, we draft a RB in every draft. Ganaway is much bigger and more powerful than any 1st round back from last years draft...he fits our team better.

We couldn't do much in free agency as the budget is kind of tight. Hunter is here for that very reason. Eric Winston and the likes cost alot of money.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree the Jets offense is going to pedestrian this year, but I think it's more on Sanchez than the FO. We drafted a 1st round WR with our 2nd round pick. The only WRs that went between our 1st and 2nd rd picks were Quick, Jenkins and Wright. I'm not sure any of those guys are much better than Hill. They will all, like most WRs, take a couple of years to develop. As for RB, we draft a RB in every draft. Ganaway is much bigger and more powerful than any 1st round back from last years draft...he fits our team better.

We couldn't do much in free agency as the budget is kind of tight. Hunter is here for that very reason. Eric Winston and the likes cost alot of money.
    There were options in free agent market. There were trade options--Again, this duo did little to nothing to improve the offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    who would you have drafted instead of coples? what would you have done differently in free agency? and how would you go about replacing hunter?

for the record i think mike tannenbaum does a great job.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There were options in free agent market. There were trade options--Again, this duo did little to nothing to improve the offense.
    What the hell were they supposed to do? Please, enlighten us.

The success of this offense all rides on Sanchez. Either he steps up and shows that he's capable of being the player we drafted him to be, or he stays where he's at and we continue to have one of the worst offenses in the league until we find a legitimate QB.

Simple, really.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I Take a Wait and See Approach to the Offense . no one knows if Hill or Powell come out and are Super Stars or Duds or Sanchez and the Switch comes on. But i know the Offense will be more Efficent take more shots down the Field and Provide better scheme Protection for the Qb ...

expect 17-10 Games ... Pre-season is time for Optimism

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm not, so I guess it's "everyone minus one" . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone is down on Tannenbaum and so am I.
    I'm not - so that makes "everyone minus two"

Please don't assume that everyone else shares your negative views.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not using our 1st round pick on another defensive lineman(probably our deepest unit on the team prior to Coples) would have been a start.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What have you left to discuss for anyone? You made a blatant matter of fact statement that you hate "the beancounter", you hate "the mouth", and it sure seems like you hate the Jets and just wanted to remind everyone about it. So good for you. Not sure what the point is, you've basically declared this to a bunch of strangers on a forum who could care less about your declarations. Personally I'll watch the games first before hating the whole organization.