Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Woody Just Picked Jets to Have Less than 8 Wins this year

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,420

    Woody Just Picked Jets to Have Less than 8 Wins this year

    On ESPN DAMIEN Woody (edit: not the owner). Asked over/under for the JEts who were 8-8 last year.

    Cited the offense, specifically WR depth, and the backup Qbs inability to lead a pro offense as reasons for thinking the team will have less wins.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but citing a back up qb's ability as reasons a team won't go far is insane in mho. In fact, he specifically mentioned Tebow, and Cro's comments sticking inline with the ESPN rhetoric. Like what about a new offensive coordinator, or the upgraded secondary, or anything else related to FOOTBALL.

    Im so tired of this network. Thank god for the NFLN.
    Last edited by One Eye; 08-01-2012 at 05:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    649
    AS long as it's Damien and not Johnson...

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    you should probably specify who you're talking about, since the owner shares a name with a few different analysts. Very misleading thread title!

  4. #4
    no way we get less than 8 Wins

  5. #5
    I would get used to the negative predictions for this team. The mainstream media is not very high on us. Even our beat writers aren't very high on the team's chances. Outside of this fanbase, few expect the team to have a strong season.

    Right now, for the masses, the Jets are not considered a serious contender. But neither were the Giants last year if you want to look at the bright side

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,010
    Anything is possible we have not established an O, and ST's needs work.

  7. #7
    Very easy for an analyst to stress the changes in a positive or negative light..


    New Offensive Coordinator & System
    Younger at WR
    Back-up QB who will be in the week game plan packages..
    chemistry?
    RT?

    3-4 vs 4-3 defense.
    Youth impact?
    Safety positional turnover?

    let's face it, the Jets are a big "?" mark...


    nobody has a Chrystal Ball.... i think there will be a huge emphasis on being a physical team.... May not be as flashy on offense, but won't turn ball over as much... On defense, they will be more active and have much more depth than in past... OL depth is still very much a concern..

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    you should probably specify who you're talking about, since the owner shares a name with a few different analysts. Very misleading thread title!
    My thoughts exactly! I'm thinking WTF kind of owner is this guy?

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Big Green Apple
    Posts
    1,217
    sal pal's been around training camp every day and he thinks the jets will have 10-11 wins. so go figure.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    My thoughts exactly! I'm thinking WTF kind of owner is this guy?
    Did not even realize that when i wrote it. My bad.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    sal pal's been around training camp every day and he thinks the jets will have 10-11 wins. so go figure.
    idk....improved defense and a new offense that, let's face it, can't be much worse then last year.

    I think we are a pretty tough match up for anybody. To think we won't win 50% of the games without significant injuries is a lil ridiculous to me. I mean we were terrible, with less of a roster, a fractured locker room and a confused defense, and we still finished 8-8.

    Its so sad the media hates this team, but at the same time, lives for their every action.

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,474
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    On ESPN. Asked over/under for the JEts who were 8-8 last year.

    Cited the offense, specifically WR depth, and the backup Qbs inability to lead a pro offense as reasons for thinking the team will have less wins.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but citing a back up qb's ability as reasons a team won't go far is insane in mho. In fact, he specifically mentioned Tebow, and Cro's comments sticking inline with the ESPN rhetoric. Like what about a new offensive coordinator, or the upgraded secondary, or anything else related to FOOTBALL.

    Im so tired of this network. Thank god for the NFLN.
    I agree 100% that the WR depth and overall talent is an issue.

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,474
    Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    sal pal's been around training camp every day and he thinks the jets will have 10-11 wins. so go figure.
    Because that's what it said on the script that Rex handed him.

  14. #14
    It all depends on our O-Line. If they play as bad as last year, cant open up running lanes or pass protect, then less than 8 wins is very likely. That is unless our D plays lights out game in and game out and holds opponents to less than 14 points/game.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    When Sanchez was a rookie we won 9 games. We will go 12-4 on the year. This I know. Trust me

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,420
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    It all depends on our O-Line. If they play as bad as last year, cant open up running lanes or pass protect, then less than 8 wins is very likely. That is unless our D plays lights out game in and game out and holds opponents to less than 14 points/game.
    My point is this: The Oline last year played like ****, Wayne Hunter was our OT, the RBs were unproven or old, the WR, except Santonio, were old, and Santonio hated the OC. Not to mention that the defense was slow, S depth was horrid, and Rex was less involved in the playcalling (his forte).

    And we still went 8-8.

    That's why, with the edition of Tebow, Hill, Coples, Landry, Bell, and the rest of the rookie class, in addition to the growth of guys like Lankster, K.Wilson, Wilkerson, K.Ellis, and maybe even, dare I say, Ducasse, I don't know how you can think this team can finish with a worse record. We may not win the division, or go to the super bowl, but we will be above .500, barring serious injuries to Sanchez, Mangold, D-Brick, or Revis.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,474
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    My point is this: The Oline last year played like ****, Wayne Hunter was our OT, the RBs were unproven or old, the WR, except Santonio, were old, and Santonio hated the OC. Not to mention that the defense was slow, S depth was horrid, and Rex was less involved in the playcalling (his forte).

    And we still went 8-8.

    That's why, with the edition of Tebow, Hill, Coples, Landry, Bell, and the rest of the rookie class, in addition to the growth of guys like Lankster, K.Wilson, Wilkerson, K.Ellis, and maybe even, dare I say, Ducasse, I don't know how you can think this team can finish with a worse record. We may not win the division, or go to the super bowl, but we will be above .500, barring serious injuries to Sanchez, Mangold, D-Brick, or Revis.
    My problem with Santonio is this.

    How many good seasons has he had without such guys as Hines Ward, Mike Wallace and Braylon Edwards playing with him? Guys who can draw double coverage or who can stretch the field for him?

    We are putting that responsinilty squarely on the shoulders of a 1st round draft pick with very little experience in a vertical passing game.

  18. #18
    I predict he has 0 wins this season

  19. #19
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,624
    The "media's narrative" is the Jets are a circus with a QB controversy
    so therefore they'll be a last place team winning 6 games. Who cares!!!

  20. #20
    Jets have been more focused and serious in recent memory.

    Let the "experts" who try to justify their existence say whatever they want.

    Only 1 guy picked the Jets against the Pats in the playoffs. Jets were hungry and focused then as well. They proved EVERYONE wrong then as well.

    Let's not get spun up about this. Jets may be 7-9 this year, but not because Woody said so or knows better.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us