Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woody Just Picked Jets to Have Less than 8 Wins this year

All Pro
    Sanchez improves, Jets win 10-11.

Sanchez stagnates or gets worse, Jets win 6-8.

That's really it to me. That and health. Heaven help Sanchez if Brick goes down.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post

That's really it to me. That and health. Heaven help Sanchez if Brick goes down.
    Amen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    My point is this: The Oline last year played like ****, Wayne Hunter was our OT, the RBs were unproven or old, the WR, except Santonio, were old, and Santonio hated the OC. Not to mention that the defense was slow, S depth was horrid, and Rex was less involved in the playcalling (his forte).

And we still went 8-8.

That's why, with the edition of Tebow, Hill, Coples, Landry, Bell, and the rest of the rookie class, in addition to the growth of guys like Lankster, K.Wilson, Wilkerson, K.Ellis, and maybe even, dare I say, Ducasse, I don't know how you can think this team can finish with a worse record. We may not win the division, or go to the super bowl, but we will be above .500, barring serious injuries to Sanchez, Mangold, D-Brick, or Revis.
    AGREED 100 per cent! I expect a top 3 defense. The Ravens won a SB with a great defense and a no name offense and TRENT DILFER!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post

Good point. I still think our defense will win a few games for us. I think Sanchez is better then Dilfer was when the Ravens won their SB. I think we can win 10 games. I am not the greatest supporter of sanchez on this board but I do think he is focused and driven to win. He will never be the guy to pick us up and carry us on his shoulders but he can use the sysytem and win many games for us. The guy has done for us when he was far less experienced in years 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 08-01-2012 at 06:59 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Good point. I still think our defense will win a few games for us. I think Sanchez is better then Dilfer was when the Ravens won their SB. I think we can win 10 games. I am not the greatest supporter of sanchez on this board but I do think he is focused and driven to win. He will never be the guy to pick us up and carry us on his shoulders but he can use the sysytem and win many games for us. The guy has done for us when he was far less experienced in years 1 and 2.
    Yes, I would take Sanchez over Dilfer. But that Raven's D was a generational defense. To say that the Jets D has to be that good to win is kind of tough. The Jets have some good O linemen. The Ravens had a RB who would later rush for 2000 yards and a HOF left tackle.

I don't see why Sanchez can't develope into that "Carry Us" kind of QB. Lots of QB's started slow, and learned over 3-5 years. Now, you can also say even more QB's started slow and never got better, I can't argue that. I just think Sanchez will continue to progress and improve. I don't think he can carry the team this year, but I don't think the team has the weapons around him to do that.

so let me see, the patsies have an equal or greater amount of turnover just about everyone of the past few season yet they win the division and even advance to the superbowl.

the bottom line is the analysts are simply talking heads who don't know squat.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Very easy for an analyst to stress the changes in a positive or negative light..

New Offensive Coordinator & System
    Younger at WR
    Back-up QB who will be in the week game plan packages..
    chemistry?
    RT?

3-4 vs 4-3 defense.
    Youth impact?
    Safety positional turnover?

let's face it, the Jets are a big "?" mark...

nobody has a Chrystal Ball.... i think there will be a huge emphasis on being a physical team.... May not be as flashy on offense, but won't turn ball over as much... On defense, they will be more active and have much more depth than in past... OL depth is still very much a concern..
    Last edited by sameoldjets; 08-01-2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: mispelling

With their post October 21 schedule, I can't see this team doing any worse than 9-7. After seven games they very well could be a 3-4, 2-5 team. After that though, the schedule (as of now on paper) is cake.