Thread: Whoa, Rexy is p!ssed!

Whoa, Rexy is p!ssed!

http://www.newyorkjets.com/photos-an...3-91502fd28b46

Blaming the WR's injuries on being out of shape and clearly upset about it... said the D was running just as hard and no injuries there.

Good. Time he stopped the nice guy routine and started landing on people.

All Pro
    Good.

Push these guys as hard as you can. They are a very young bunch, aside from Holmes, and all of them could learn a thing or two about what it takes to play in the NFL.

Banned
    I agree with TheMikeIsHot.

From listening to coach Ryan speak, it seems as if it's a conditioning problem in regards to (some) of our WR's adjusting to Sparano's uptempo style of play-calling. But then again, this is what training camp heading into the preseason is for.

I like "Holding players accountable" Rex. You get called out by your coach in the NFL, you'll listen. treatment, stretched out and get em back on the field. Sanchez and the WRs need as many reps as possible, especially Holmes, Kerley and Schilens

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post

Good. Time he stopped the nice guy routine and started landing on people.
    Yes, I prefer the pissed Rex, I hope he stays pissed all the way through the season and kicks butt all the way back to the AFC game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I like "Holding players accountable" Rex. You get called out by your coach in the NFL, you'll listen. treatment, stretched out and get em back on the field. Sanchez and the WRs need as many reps as possible, especially Holmes, Kerley and Schilens
    I like your post and I think that Rex being upset reflects the fact that he is now "getting it" as the HC and is now properly monitoring the offense. Before this Rex would have just said something general like " the offense looked sluggish today", indeed most out here including myself would have taken that to mean that somehow or in someway Sanchez played poorly or was the cause because he is the defacto head of the offensive unit.

IMO Rex now realizes, or is "getting it" that "No" when the WRs are not playing hard or failing to adequately practice or they can't go because they didn't train properly all off season then guess what your QB is going to suffer because he is not going to get the reps he requires to be successful. See WR play effects the QB, just as poor QB play impacts the WRs.

Simple less reps in camp means less timing and accuracy during actual games. See people think that a QB is either accurate or they or not. No, hard work and repitition play a huge role in the enitre process it is the very reason why Peyton Manning and Brady etc work so very hard at their craft because like anything else in life success and in this case accuracy is earned through hard work and dedication.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. Rex is no longer the jolly fat man. Maybe Soprano is rubbing off on him.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Not sure how these WRs can refute anything Cro has said....from the sideline bicycle.

But lets see where we are in two weeks. Hopefully Kerley will see the practice field soon and the rest of the guys will be on the field before week's end.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Not sure how these WRs can refute anything Cro has said....from the sideline bicycle.

particularly Chaz "Glass" Schilens lol

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I agree with TheMikeIsHot.

From listening to coach Ryan speak, it seems as if it's a conditioning problem in regards to (some) of our WR's adjusting to Sparano's uptempo style of play-calling. But then again, this is what training camp heading into the preseason is for.
    Training camp is not for getting in shape. The players were told by Rex during OTAs to come in ready and in shape. This isnt high school footbal, they are professionals and like Rex said, expected keep themselves in world class shape. I can see why Rex would be pisssed.
    Last edited by sec.101row23; 08-02-2012 at 08:40 AM.

Waterboy
    It's the new "Rexy don't play that" mantra.