Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 132

Thread: Today is “National Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day.”

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    wut?
    He would like an explanation on why you think "gayness" will be eventually cured.

    As a follow up, I'd like to know the genetic reason why the most ardent anti-homosexuals tend to enjoy getting their a**es plowed when nobody is looking and how scientists in charge of curing "gayness" plan on not being hunted down and killed once girl on girl porn disappears thanks to their idiotic efforts?

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He would like an explanation on why you think "gayness" will be eventually cured.
    Somewhat simple premise.

    Being a homosexual is caused by one of two things:

    1. Genetic Predisposition.
    2. Conscious Choice (w/ includes how one is raised, life experience, etc)

    The general argument is thus:

    If the cause is 1., that is a genetic error, and can/could potentially be cured.

    If the cause is 2., descrimination/intolerence of someone elses "choice" is permissable, generally speaking.

    What it boils down to is the belief that "gayness" is either a malady to be cured medically, or a social choice that can and should be denounced.

    Not my opinion per se, just passing on the general gist of the usual "it could be cured" argument.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Somewhat simple premise.

    Being a homosexual is caused by one of two things:

    1. Genetic Predisposition.
    2. Conscious Choice (w/ includes how one is raised, life experience, etc)

    The general argument is thus:

    If the cause is 1., that is a genetic error, and can/could potentially be cured.

    If the cause is 2., descrimination/intolerence of someone elses "choice" is permissable, generally speaking.

    What it boils down to is the belief that "gayness" is either a malady to be cured medically, or a social choice that can and should be denounced.

    Not my opinion per se, just passing on the general gist of the usual "it could be cured" argument.
    What about woman who choose to mate with bald men with low sex drives?

    Is that a choice or genetic?

    I mean, men over the age of 40 have low sperm counts. Why would a woman choose to be with a man that could not reproduce with her?

    Is it choice or genetic?
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 08-02-2012 at 05:26 PM.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Somewhat simple premise.

    Being a homosexual is caused by one of two things:

    1. Genetic Predisposition.
    2. Conscious Choice (w/ includes how one is raised, life experience, etc)

    The general argument is thus:

    If the cause is 1., that is a genetic error, and can/could potentially be cured.

    If the cause is 2., descrimination/intolerence of someone elses "choice" is permissable, generally speaking.

    What it boils down to is the belief that "gayness" is either a malady to be cured medically, or a social choice that can and should be denounced.

    Not my opinion per se, just passing on the general gist of the usual "it could be cured" argument.

    You only need to have been exposed to maybe 5 gay people to understand how insane the "it could be cured" group sounds.

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Somewhat simple premise.

    Being a homosexual is caused by one of two things:

    1. Genetic Predisposition.
    2. Conscious Choice (w/ includes how one is raised, life experience, etc)
    Mental and psychological development is lumped into the "conscious choice" category? Interesting.

  6. #26
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Mental and psychological development is lumped into the "conscious choice" category? Interesting.
    Sure.

    If you grow up in an alcoholic and abusive household, you do not get a free pass for drinking and hitting your kids.

    You still choose to do it.

    The religious right sees the Homosexual issue the same way IMO. If it's not a curable medical condition (i.e. genetic), then regardless of how you developed into being gay, it's still a personal, controlable choice, and they (the faithful) are free to judge you for it, like any other choice we make every day.

    Personally, I don't really care why you're gay one way or the other. It's the great thing about being a Libertarian of sorts, I'm free to not care what you do with your body in your private life. Whatever works, whyever it works, is fine by me as long as I'm not involved. Works both ways too, if you want to be "cured" if it turns out genetics plays a role, thats cool by me too, I truly do not care or feel it's my business.

    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    You only need to have been exposed to maybe 5 gay people to understand how insane the "it could be cured" group sounds.
    Standing next to someone gives you total understanding of theri genetic code, eh?

    If you say so, I'll stick with my usual "I have no idea whay they're gay, and I don't care anyway. Thats their business, not mine".

  7. #27
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,164
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    As a follow up, I'd like to know the genetic reason why the most ardent anti-homosexuals tend to enjoy getting their a**es plowed when nobody is looking
    Why so curious?

  8. #28
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am indifferent to homosexuals and same sex marriage but . . .

    Does anybody else know what other species have homosexuals? I'm not talking vague "homosexual behavior" or "male pairing", I am talking how many species phuck members of the same gender for pleasure or recreation?

  9. #29
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone's missing the obvious angle here: the left is horribly demonizing a man (and his company) for holding THE SAME EXACT VIEW THAT BARACK OBAMA HELD AND STATED REPEATEDLY UP UNTIL TWO SHORT MONTHS AGO.

    Why u no mad when Obama say same thing for 6 years?

    Friggin jagoffs

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Sure.

    If you grow up in an alcoholic and abusive household, you do not get a free pass for drinking and hitting your kids.

    You still choose to do it.

    The religious right sees the Homosexual issue the same way IMO. If it's not a curable medical condition (i.e. genetic), then regardless of how you developed into being gay, it's still a personal, controlable choice, and they (the faithful) are free to judge you for it, like any other choice we make every day.

    Personally, I don't really care why you're gay one way or the other. It's the great thing about being a Libertarian of sorts, I'm free to not care what you do with your body in your private life. Whatever works, whyever it works, is fine by me as long as I'm not involved. Works both ways too, if you want to be "cured" if it turns out genetics plays a role, thats cool by me too, I truly do not care or feel it's my business.



    Standing next to someone gives you total understanding of theri genetic code, eh?

    If you say so, I'll stick with my usual "I have no idea whay they're gay, and I don't care anyway. Thats their business, not mine".

    Yeah that's exactly what I meant Mr. Literal. Obviously I meant "getting to know" 5 gay people. What you learn is that they are just as sure that they just happened to be born that way as we are that we were born hetero. I don't really care either way, but I'll go with their more expert opinion, I think they know more about being gay than the homophobes.

    I'll still eat the hell out of some Chick Fila though.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,494
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    You only need to have been exposed to maybe 5 gay people to understand how insane the "it could be cured" group sounds.
    Exactly.

    Wanna know what else is gay? The Boy Scouts of North America. Yeah. Camping in the woods with underages boys? Gay.

    Another gay thing? An organization whose leaders say that anyone in charge needs to be celibate. Requiring someone to not have sex with chicks in order to join is inherently homosexual.


    Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

  12. #32
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

    Me.....I stand for delicious chicken, and gays being gay, and christians being christians.
    I'm with you on these.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Everyone's missing the obvious angle here: the left is horribly demonizing a man (and his company) for holding THE SAME EXACT VIEW THAT BARACK OBAMA HELD AND STATED REPEATEDLY UP UNTIL TWO SHORT MONTHS AGO.

    Why u no mad when Obama say same thing for 6 years?

    Friggin jagoffs
    That is because Obama has "evolved".

    I am ashamed that I voted for this guy in 2008. Everything I have learned about him since makes me sick.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    He would like an explanation on why you think "gayness" will be eventually cured.

    As a follow up, I'd like to know the genetic reason why the most ardent anti-homosexuals tend to enjoy getting their a**es plowed when nobody is looking and how scientists in charge of curing "gayness" plan on not being hunted down and killed once girl on girl porn disappears thanks to their idiotic efforts?
    I chose you to quote since Warfish doesn't speak for me.

    As to your question: I don't know. Maybe they just enjoy it, in a forbidden fruit kind of way.


    As for the "cure" part: I'm sure homosexuality is a genetic disorder; not a choice, not a sin, not exciting things you do at an orgy. Being homosexual is an evolutionary dead-end, as same gender pairings will never produce offspring. Without getting into deity/creator territory, why would nature choose this "feature" to propagate? Nature chooses enhancements to keep species going: strength, speed, camouflage, etc. Hence, I think its a genetic disorder.

    I find it very stupid when people hear this and get upset. Everyone has plenty of genetic problems: immune system problems, weight control, susceptibility to heart disease, etc. And I would not discriminate against gays any more than I would against someone who has diabetes or Down's.
    At some point, science will find solutions to all these problems by tweaking the right genes/gene combinations.

    If anyone feels there's a flaw in my logic, I'm willing to listen.

  15. #35
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I chose you to quote since Warfish doesn't speak for me.
    Indeed. Wasn't my intent to intimate otherwise.

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,296
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Indeed. Wasn't my intent to intimate otherwise.
    I put that in there because

    1. you mentioned the religious right, which I am NOT a part of
    2. the generally dismissive tone of your post

    no biggie, though

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That is because Obama has "evolved".

    I am ashamed that I voted for this guy in 2008. Everything I have learned about him since makes me sick.

    Very much agreed. I wish I'd voted 3rd party.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,200
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I chose you to quote since Warfish doesn't speak for me.

    As to your question: I don't know. Maybe they just enjoy it, in a forbidden fruit kind of way.


    As for the "cure" part: I'm sure homosexuality is a genetic disorder; not a choice, not a sin, not exciting things you do at an orgy. Being homosexual is an evolutionary dead-end, as same gender pairings will never produce offspring. Without getting into deity/creator territory, why would nature choose this "feature" to propagate? Nature chooses enhancements to keep species going: strength, speed, camouflage, etc. Hence, I think its a genetic disorder.

    I find it very stupid when people hear this and get upset. Everyone has plenty of genetic problems: immune system problems, weight control, susceptibility to heart disease, etc. And I would not discriminate against gays any more than I would against someone who has diabetes or Down's.
    At some point, science will find solutions to all these problems by tweaking the right genes/gene combinations.

    If anyone feels there's a flaw in my logic, I'm willing to listen.

    That makes sense except that there has been recorded instances of homesexaulity going back to the beginning of human history, no? With no evolutionary impact, as you say, why has it not just de-evolved on it's own over tens of thousands of years?

    In fact, with a already over poplated planet, that is only going to get frighteningly more so, I'd say we're lucky that X percentage of the population can't reproduce.

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    That makes sense except that there has been recorded instances of homesexaulity going back to the beginning of human history, no? With no evolutionary impact, as you say, why has it not just de-evolved on it's own over tens of thousands of years?

    In fact, with a already over poplated planet, that is only going to get frighteningly more so, I'd say we're lucky that X percentage of the population can't reproduce.
    Would you say there are any "evolutionary impacts" that we have witnessed since the beginning of human history?

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,773
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I put that in there because

    1. you mentioned the religious right, which I am NOT a part of
    2. the generally dismissive tone of your post

    no biggie, though
    /shrug

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us