Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Day 6 Camp Updates

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Ya he is going to so wonders on ir for us this year if he even makes the 53

He has never stayed healthy over the past few years and has a case of the drops when he is healthy. And the only reason why he apologized for his remarks was because Rex told him too
    $100 says he makes the 53

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Holmes, Schilens, Landry in the injury/rehab group.
    I enjoy all the info. You post. Thank you CMart.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    Meanwhile.. at New York Jets training camp

LMAO I would love to put this in my sig but the Tebowites would take offense

And I dont hate Tebow, he can really transform our offense into a giant pain in the ass for other Defenses......

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex says this was Tebow's best day of camp b/c it was live football. Said this was first look at what he can do in Wildcat-type plays
    I am all for any player that can help the Jets win!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

And I dont hate Tebow, he can really transform our offense into a giant pain in the ass for other Defenses......
    Agree! I just thought it was funny...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone recall the offense getting the black jerseys with schitty here?

If they use Tebow properly he can be a game changer. I would use him heavily in goal line and short yardage situations.

Getting psyched for the first preseason game

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

hell, I'm a Tebow fan and I thought it was hilarious

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    CORTLAND On a day when Tim Tebow accounted for three touchdowns (2 run, 1 pass) in a live goal-line session, Mark Sanchez made it clear after practice on Thursday that he's amenable to leaving the game near the goal-line for his backup.
    "We got to get it in the end zone. I don't care," Sanchez said. "Whatever we have to do - and Coach Sparano going to be the judge there on what exactly he wants. But if that's what he wants and if that's what puts it in the endzone, fine. We'll drive it 99 yards and he can run it in. It doesn't matter."
    Sanchez, who was irked when Rex Ryan pulled him for a couple practice snaps last season, said he simply wants the team to succeed.
    "It does not matter. We got to win the game," Sanchez said. "We're in the business of winning. It's fine with me."
    Sanchez was one of the most efficient passers in the red zone last season.
    "It's bigger than what one person on this team wants," Sanchez said. "We really are in the business of winning and we have to be selfless, myself included. That's the most important thing."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz22Pk4Q7Ll

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    WRT the "Wildcat", as some have mentioned, Tebow brings a skillset that is different from what NFL teams are used to defending. He can pass, run outside and also, run inside the tackles. You can bet that teams will be seeing a healthy dose of "QB Power". Power is a standard NFL concept of course, but you pick up an extra person when it's the QB who is running it. As mentioned before, it gives us +1 and makes it 11 on 11 football.

Better yet, if our Wildcat is the Spread Option or Read Option, it actually swings around to a +2 and makes it 11 on 10 football, in the offense's favor. That's the beauty of an option attack.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    CORTLAND On a day when Tim Tebow accounted for three touchdowns (2 run, 1 pass) in a live goal-line session, Mark Sanchez made it clear after practice on Thursday that he's amenable to leaving the game near the goal-line for his backup.
    "We got to get it in the end zone. I don't care," Sanchez said. "Whatever we have to do - and Coach Sparano going to be the judge there on what exactly he wants. But if that's what he wants and if that's what puts it in the endzone, fine. We'll drive it 99 yards and he can run it in. It doesn't matter."
    Sanchez, who was irked when Rex Ryan pulled him for a couple practice snaps last season, said he simply wants the team to succeed.
    "It does not matter. We got to win the game," Sanchez said. "We're in the business of winning. It's fine with me."
    Sanchez was one of the most efficient passers in the red zone last season.
    "It's bigger than what one person on this team wants," Sanchez said. "We really are in the business of winning and we have to be selfless, myself included. That's the most important thing."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz22Pk4Q7Ll

Loving the attitude from Sanchez both from what was said in this article, and what he's said in many of his interviews.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Rex praises the way Greene and Powell are running the football. Said Powell did great job picking up blitz, too

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    "Powell has really been impressive. Did a great job picking up the blitz as well." - Rex
    This is why he'll be the 3rd down back. If someone else steps up as a kick returner McKnight may be in trouble. Wonder if we got an offer of a 4th round pick, or a serviceable Right Tackle, what Mike's response would be.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    $100 says he makes the 53
    If I had $100 I would take you up lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

This is a great quote, if only the whole team would approach the season this way it could be a terrific year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    This is a great quote, if only the whole team would approach the season this way it could be a terrific year.
    The kids been nothing but class since the day he was a Jet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kids been nothing but class since the day he was a Jet.
    Well I don't know about class, but he's not a selfish player that's for sure. He has been a little childish in the past, but seems to be maturing nicely. I have high hopes for him this year, and you are right. The people that thought he would crumble under pressure from Tebow, were either shameless, or ignorant.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the little I saw, Wilkerson blew into the backfield twice on the goal drill to stop the play for a loss or no gain. Guy is going to be a monster.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    This is why he'll be the 3rd down back. If someone else steps up as a kick returner McKnight may be in trouble. Wonder if we got an offer of a 4th round pick, or a serviceable Right Tackle, what Mike's response would be.
    McKnight has been having a great camp too (until his food poising). So let's not look to get rid of good RB depth with breakaway ability.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I'm afraid patman doesn't know. The fear of a pass is a big factor. He will know though when the games begin, that this Wildcat version will not be a gimmick.
    Is it any different with Vick/Newton/RandalCunnigham/SteveGrogan running style qb. how? The guy is a running qb, with a lt less less thowing ability than the 4 above. What makes you think it is so hard to defend.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Is it any different with Vick/Newton/RandalCunnigham/SteveGrogan running style qb. how? The guy is a running qb, with a lt less less thowing ability than the 4 above. What makes you think it is so hard to defend.
    Actually, the only QB on that list who is similar would be Newton, and even then there are differences.

Tebow is a threat to run both on the outside, and right up between the tackles. Furthermore, with his size and strength, he can take the pounding throughout the game.

With that, a defense has to be much more cognizant of the run and they have to defend it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Actually, the only QB on that list who is similar would be Newton, and even then there are differences.

Tebow is a threat to run both on the outside, and right up between the tackles. Furthermore, with his size and strength, he can take the pounding throughout the game.

With that, a defense has to be much more cognizant of the run and they have to defend it.
    i wouldn't be surprised if buffalo gives vince young a wildcat package to play in week 1.