Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Day 6 Camp Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    And you're a troll homer whose MO seems to be spewing negative drivel with every Jets topic on the board.
    I am a Patriot fan for sure, but i am not negative on every post. Today I sided with Pittene when he said the Coples (and all rookies) need to learn for themselves.

I am not a homer, the pats defense sucks and I never say that it doesn't. BB is an arrogant prick. The Pats wide receivers are old. If Carter does not come back they have no proven pass rusher. They don't have a proven rb on the roster. Besides Gronk, Volmer and Chung the 10 other 2nd rd picks the pats had over the last 6 years have been pissed down the drain.

While what i say may be negative, I always try to give the reason I see it that way.

I don't say **** like, Sanchez is gay, Rex is fat. Holmes is a punk- well ok I do say that.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I am a Patriot fan for sure, but i am not negative on every post. Today I sided with Pittene when he said the Coples (and all rookies) need to learn for themselves.

I am not a homer, the pats defense sucks and I never say that it doesn't. BB is an arrogant prick. The Pats wide receivers are old. If Carter does not come back they have no proven pass rusher. They don't have a proven rb on the roster. Besides Gronk, Volmer and Chung the 10 other 2nd rd picks the pats had over the last 6 years have been pissed down the drain.

While what i say may be negative, I always try to give the reason I see it that way.

I don't say **** like, Sanchez is gay, Rex is fat. Holmes is a punk- well ok I do say that.
    NO! Sanchez isn't gay, Rex lost over a 100 lbs, and Holmes is a leader for the younger guys now!

Jets Insider VIP
    Pittene
    Not only are you a troll, but you're also a terrible speller.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Not only are you a troll, but you're also a terrible speller.
    And I am to lazy to use spell check.

All League
    trolls on the camp update thread? bro get a life

Jets Insider VIP
    And I am to lazy to use spell check.
    It shows.

Hrmph.. Not bad.. Ok, prosecution withdraws.

I still think you're being a little too naive on the effectiveness of the wildcat, especially the way the Jets plan on running it.

Running the option/wildcat offense full-time, has limitations. But running specific packages in a part time manner, it can be very effective, and with Tebow on the team, defenses will have that much more to prepare for and practice for, and it's not like Tebow isn't a weapon, it can be very effective, and Sparano has a very good track history with the wildcat package.

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    I believe today is the day where we line up in goal line situations. This is where our first rounder in Quinton Coples can really make a name for himself/impact.
    They are already cutting back on his plays--he isn't getting it.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    They are already cutting back on his plays--he isn't getting it.

Couples wasnt meant to contribute so early, and it takes 3-4 years for player to make the transition.

im being sarcastic. this sucks chimpanzee sack

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets give glimpse into Tebow wildcat-style package

It was Tebow Time for the New York Jets in goal-line drills.

The Jets provided a small glimpse for the first time during training camp into their plan for Tim Tebow on offense Thursday, as the backup quarterback ran for two touchdowns and threw for another to Josh Baker in a four-play sequence that got the crowd at SUNY Cortland fired up.

"Yeah, I feel like I've done that once or twice," Tebow said with a big smile, "so it comes pretty natural. It was fun."

On one wildcat-style play, Tebow took a snap from the shotgun, quickly faked a handoff to Joe McKnight and zipped into the end zone from 2 yards out untouched on what Ryan called a faked "speed sweep." Tebow had previously only been used in regular offensive plays and as the punt protector on special teams, but Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano have said he'll likely be used in a wildcat-style package.

"It was sort of (a wildcat play)," Tebow said. "It looks like there's more gadgets and gizmos, but it's really just a power play that can stretch defenses. But, with the shift and with the motion, you can really stretch the defense horizontally."

Ryan yelled to the defense before the drills that Tebow was "live" meaning he could be tackled if he left the pocket. Ryan said it was the first time in a practice that he made the quarterback "live," something Tebow also said he had never experienced.

"I just got a little smile and thought it was going to be fun," Tebow said. "Right before that, coach Sparano told me to keep it on the bootleg, so when (Ryan) said it was live, that made me smile."

Tebow scored on the bootleg on his first play at the goal line, and then threw a short touchdown pass to tight end Josh Baker on the next. After Terrance Ganaway fumbled on the third play, the Jets (No. 17 in the AP Pro32) showed the defense a wrinkle that opponents might have to prepare for.

"Obviously, Tim, this was his best day of camp," Ryan said.

The Jets had kept their wildcat plans mostly under wraps since acquiring Tebow from Denver in March, but ESPN has been camped out all week showing live shots from practice including the goal-line plays Thursday. Clearly, New York has a lot more in store for Tebow and it's likely much of that will be revealed during the regular season as the Jets game plan specifically for opponents.
    Great read. Tebow is going to feast inside the red-zone.

I still think you're being a little too naive on the effectiveness of the wildcat, especially the way the Jets plan on running it.

Running the option/wildcat offense full-time, has limitations. But running specific packages in a part time manner, it can be very effective, and with Tebow on the team, defenses will have that much more to prepare for and practice for, and it's not like Tebow isn't a weapon, it can be very effective, and Sparano has a very good track history with the wildcat package.

Ray, what are the limitations ?

Veteran
    Looks like I'll have to eat my words about Powell. Sounds like the guy is having a really great camp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Looks like I'll have to eat my words about Powell. Sounds like the guy is having a really great camp.
    Yea, Bilal Powell and Ellis Lankster have been the stars of training camp thus far. I'm really starting to like the idea of Greene, McKnight and Powell as our trio of RB's (With Greene as the feature back). Powell has ability/talent, no question about it.

Powell didn't have a very strong preseason last year, but we did get a chance to see flashes of talent; especially in the open field off receptions coming out of the backfield. Rushed the ball 28 times for only 62 yards and 1 TD. Put up 4 receptions for 39 yards. Not very good production, but it's nice to see/hear Powell having a successful training camp.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000...-touchdown-run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKERqz7G3UU
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 08-03-2012 at 02:19 AM.

I have no idea on how they are going to institute Tebow in the offense.

1. Is he going to run on the field, to take Sanchez place at qb to run the option?

2. Is he going to be part of a sub package and come in and line up at as a RB, with him taking some snaps at RB, then once in a while Sanchez motions out and Tebow takes the snap in what can be described as the Wildcat. If you think Tebow is a better runner than Greene, no issue. if not the "surprise" generated by moving sanchez into the slot may not be worth it. Tebow is a good running qb but he is not Ronnie Brown.

If he comes in as a sub package (1) the defense then puts in the base D, if they are not on the field already.

If he slides over (2) they play it like they have played the wildcat in the last three years.

-You talked about the time it takes to practice defending it. What about the time it takes the jets to put it in.
    -They are already installing a new offensive system, complete with new verbiage, now they have to install an option game, There are only 24 practices in camp.
    -The jets have a bunch of young receivers.
    -The option requires a lot of toss plays, I don't like Shon Greenes hands.
    -You do realize that Tebow put the ball on the ground 7 times last year.
    Turnovers in those last ten yds can totally deflate a team.

I think the downside of the whole Tebow thing is greater than the upside.
    Rex called the Wildcat a gimmick whose time had passed. Woody wanted Tebow on the team, for publicity (giants winning SB) and to spur ticket sales. Sanchez has reporters calling him Tim in press conferences. Sparono himself had moved away from the concept.

I know jet fans are resigned to the new status quo and are trying to swallow the kool aid, but when i look at it in its totality, I dont see how over a 16 game season the move improved the team.

They would have been better of IMO staying with Staton, installing one new offense and using the 3 mill in cap space (tebow salary and Staton SB) and the 4th rd pick at another position.

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    trolls on the camp update thread? bro get a life
    "Bro" contribute to the thread.