Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LOLLAPALOOZA *****ESSS

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Well there goes the 'fun' aspect
    LIke bringing a bag of sand to the beach.

_

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    The lineup this year is awesome. Wish I could make it. Alas, I can't, and will have to live it through your updates...if you're coherent enough to provide them.
    The lineup IS sick...I am both a fan of indie/alt rock and house/electro music so this one should be a doozy.

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Never went to Lollapalooza but the HORDE back in the day - which stemmed from Lollapalooza - was a great festival. Widespread, Traveler, Aquarium Rescue, Phish - what a great lineup.
    I didn't realize Lollapalooza was still going on. Man I've aged quickly.
    Yeah. I was never a festival "type" til my best buddy moved to Chitown last year for work (transferred from Boston) and he invited everyone out for Lolla...went last year, had an amazing time and we are headed back to do some more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by bman View Post
    Try to scalp a ticket for the Saturday night after show. Jane's Addiction at Aragon Ballroom.
    Not a huge Jane's Addiction fan and we are rolling with a group of about 10-12 people so settling on an after party that everyone likes wasn't really in the cards. Last year we just got blacked at the local bar in Lincoln Park by my buddy's place....it was an awesome afterparty.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    I'm confused. Wasn't lollapalooza heavy metal? Now its techno? What?
    Not ALL techno, but Lolla, and ALL festivals (Coachella, Bonnarroo etc.) have been taking advantage of the mainstream success of acts like Avicii, Skrillex, Afrojack, Tiesto etc. and putting them on their lineups. From what I have heard, the "techno tent/stage" has gotten more and more popular every single year and might spin off into its own Lolla festival. We enjoy both rock and house so it works out. I guess I am a product of the "Jersey Shore" and places like Joey Harrison's Teen Night back in the late 90's, early 2000's....techno/house just runs in my blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Well there goes the 'fun' aspect
    Yeah I hear you. Part of growing up I guess. 5 girls, 5 guys. Hopefully we will get a little bit of "away time" when we can creep on college chicks in bikinis...the girls last year were EPICALLY hot. Can't wait.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Have fun, man! This was on my radar for a while but couldn't get to Chi-town this weekend. I'm in LA for work thru Friday.

I hope Lollapalooza meets expectations. 1992 (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ice T, Ministry, etc) was killer, best show I ever went to!

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Wander off and play meet later for lay.

I wish I could go ...

Take lots of pictures !

At least I get to go to Coachella next yr.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    I wish I could go ...

Take lots of pictures !

At least I get to go to Coachella next yr.
    Coachella is supposed to be sick....and expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Coachella is supposed to be sick....and expensive.
    Yea but I'll be staying with my friend in SD so I get to see her and go to that sick event my cousin might come with me too.

But it's totally worth it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Yea but I'll be staying with my friend in SD so I get to see her and go to that sick event my cousin might come with me too.

But it's totally worth it.
    Absolutely. My brother is in LA county and I think it's a hike from there. Enjoy it.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    liberation from corporate America,

don't get me started on this. like the ass-kissing, company stooge middle-managers who go to Jimmy Buffet concerts and act like they're wild and crazy party animals. i'd rather go to a muslim business expo then one of these pathetic Buffet bombastions.

All League
    Sabbath!!!!!