Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Jets Front Office Dropped The Ball On Braylon Edwards Again

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who the hell cares about BRaylon. And drop the ball again? They were right to not bring him back last season, he ended up having knee problems. Who knows how he is now, his games is entirely based on explosiveness. We don't need 2 idiot WRs. I think its easier for Mark to be a leader when he doesn't have a bunch of idiot receivers demanding the ball, he just has 1 right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My take on it was that Braylon had bad feelings towards the jets, and probably would only come back if that was his only option. Limolady posted that she believed the jets felt the same way. In my fervid imagination I can see Edwards flipping out and lashing out at Rex and Tanny behind close doors when Holmes was chosen over him.

Why do you think that the jets just had to offer him a contract once he was healthy and he would be happy to come back to the team that rejected him.
    I don't...So yes, maybe BE didn't want to come back...But if both sides wanted a deal, a deal would have been done.

Since a deal w/the NYJ wasn't done it's time for all the BE threads to stop and people move on. It's going on season 2 now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So now we're going to have daily threads on this?

If the Jets wanted him they would have signed him
    They dropped the ball on Brett Ratliff!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    Did someone say drop the ball?

You can choose to remember him for that - it's not like it didn't happen. But I choose to remember him for this a year later:

Again, if the team didn't want him back, that's fine. It would be a dead issue for me too. The only reason I even give a damn about him going to Seattle was the "he was on our radar" line from the Jets camp. Gross negligence if there's any truth to that, especially when the Jets are lining up future UPS workers today to compete for a spot at wideout.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets Front Office Dropped The Ball On Braylon Edwards Again
    But we have Cro!
    Last edited by jetstream23; 08-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So now we're going to have daily threads on this?

If the Jets wanted him they would have signed him
    +1

Jets may add a veteran WR for depth from roster cuts.

For better or worse...I think the Jets were more interested in accelerating the development of Hill and also Schilens. Perhaps Kerley and Jordan White too. Players that can be with the team far longer then a one year rental receiver. Braylon is a player that would get a lot of the reps.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    You can choose to remember him for that - it's not like it didn't happen. But I choose to remember him for this a year later:

Again, if the team didn't want him back, that's fine. It would be a dead issue for me too. The only reason I even give a damn about him going to Seattle was the "he was on our radar" line from the Jets camp. Gross negligence if there's any truth to that, especially when the Jets are lining up future UPS workers today to compete for a spot at wideout.
    I'm just joking around, I wanted Braylon back initially too but I respect the decision to develop young WRs instead of having guys soon to be on the wrong side of 30

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    So did 31other NFL teams. I've never seen a fanbase lust after a player that offers so little to a team. Bring back Justin McCariens while you are it, front office.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, every day with this? The Braylon fanatics are no different from the Tebow fanatics.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Wow, every day with this? The Braylon fanatics are no different from the Tebow fanatics.
    Former Jet Obsession Syndrome (FJOS) is a serious disease.

The greatest players in the whole of the NFL every offseason are always former Jets signing elsewhere. You would think the road to the Super Bowl is for some other team to simply sign every player we cut.

Instant Super Bowl.

Best of luck to Braylon in the NFC and the Pacific Northwest. Hope for his sake he recovers from his horrificly unproductive 2011 season and his lingering injury, and can actually produce again for Seattle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just joking around, I wanted Braylon back initially too but I respect the decision to develop young WRs instead of having guys soon to be on the wrong side of 30
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with having 1 or two WR over 30. You don't want to be the pats and have 5 guys over 30 but to not want some vets on hand is wrong. You have to remember that players are only with the teams for 4 years then they move on, or get paid the bucks to stay. you need the mix. I think the jets are way to inexperienced at WR, which just compounds Sanchez problem in the huddle as he explains the route, or in his confidence to stay with the young guy thru the route and not check down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon had some great moments with the Jets, and I would have been interested in giving him a second try. But let's not pretend like he's anything close to a sure thing right now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im all for bring Terrell Owens for a looksie. You can always cut him if he sucks or talks crap.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did someone say drop the ball?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dia9XzZoOfQ

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Braylon is going to catch a pass and drag McCourty and Chung into the Seattle endzone and this entire place is going to erupt with anger.
    Impossible. You play Seattle in Week 6... No way Chung is still healthy by then...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with having 1 or two WR over 30. You don't want to be the pats and have 5 guys over 30 but to not want some vets on hand is wrong. You have to remember that players are only with the teams for 4 years then they move on, or get paid the bucks to stay. you need the mix. I think the jets are way to inexperienced at WR, which just compounds Sanchez problem in the huddle as he explains the route, or in his confidence to stay with the young guy thru the route and not check down.
    Couldn't agree more. Not that the team needed to get Edwards specifically, but that Sanchez needs some veteran targets since he's not currently an elite QB. Hill might surprise, but IMO people are way too high on Kerley and Schilens if they're satisfied with this WR corps.

I wouldn't want to bring in a retread like Edwards to start, but I don't see how he hurts the team if he's brought in on a one-year deal as a reserve.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Impossible. You play Seattle in Week 6... No way Chung is still healthy by then...
    For the record I think the Jets handled this situation very well and correctly. I don't think Edwards was ever the savior of the offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I did not read your entire argument but I will agree with the thread title. When I heard the other day the Jets were actually interested in signing Braylon the day he signed with Seattle I thought why did they drag their feet. Hopefully Hill can thrill this year.
    I heard this too, but not once from anyone inside the Jets organization. I think it was more BS and speculation from the beat writers. If he were healthy I'd want him back in a flash because he had such excellent chemistry with Mark (which is clearly lacking with Santonio for the most part). However, I think it was a non-story. The Jets closed the book on him a long time ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    There hasn't been this much love for a receiver since the 2002 version of Laveranues Coles. My God. At least Coles put up over 1,000 yards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I don't get how being on the radar is negligence. Isn't it the opposite? Wouldn't it be gross negligence if they *weren't* paying attention to what was going on with him?

It's not like they said "The Jets were planning on signing Edwards, but were busy entertaining ESPN and so couldn't fit in a meeting until next Tuesday."

Bottom line - would anyone rather have Edwards start than Hill? I certainly wouldn't. And for those of you saying that Edwards should be a reserve - you mean that veteran locker room leader? Huh? This is Edwards we're talking about, not Tony Richardson. Plus, it's quite likely that Edwards doesn't *want* to be a reserve - which might be exactly why he didn't sign with us.