Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Irvin wants to add Belichick’s name to the Lombardi Trophy

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I am 100% certain that when all is said and done, Belichick will not make the HOF.

I wouldn't be surprised if his Superbowl wins are eventually vacated.
    You really can't be that blind, can you?

BB is a 100% lock for a 1st ballot induction into the HOF.

And your last statement is as dumb as they come.

Jets fans are a funny bunch.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I am 100% certain that when all is said and done, Belichick will not make the HOF. The Patriots because of Brady are a huge moneymaker for the league and they have incentive to sort of sweep the fact that he's a known cheater under the rug. Once him and Brady are retired and the Pats are no longer the league darlings that they've been, Belichick will be looked at with a more critical eye. I wouldn't be surprised if his Superbowl wins are eventually vacated.

I told myself I wouldn't get into this thread, but you are an absolute fool if you don't think Belichick waltzes into the Hall of Fame first ballot. Feel free to hang out and protest with signs with your buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

Yeah, and Lance Armstrong was a lock for the bicyclist hall of fame, or wherever they put bicyclists. Belichick will make it to the hall alright, to induct Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Is Bellichick even better than Coughlin?

One more championship, none without cheating, with the best QB in football but also factor in 2 losses head to head with Coughlin. Both as the favorite. Both with the better team.
    LOL. You must have been stuck at the office when they were actually playing the games. Last year's Giants team would have taken at least 8 of 10 from the Pats.

All League
    irvin has obviously took too many hits to the head and its catching up with him now

All League
    Belichick is going into the Hall of Fame, first ballot. You can debate it, argue it, piss and moan and put up some big signs in protest in Canton... but it's going to happen. There is literally no debate of this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't get into this thread, but you are an absolute fool if you don't think Belichick waltzes into the Hall of Fame first ballot. Feel free to hang out and protest with signs with your buddies.
    It all depends on how good of a job he does making sure no one finds out about all the cheating he's done. Don't try and tell me the cameras were an isolated incident. There was a time when Pete Rose was a lock too. We'll see what comes out after he retires. Either way we all know Brady made the man. He was a very good DC, before Brady. After Brady all of the sudden he's the best coach that ever lived. Let's see him win after Brady retires.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    It all depends on how good of a job he does making sure no one finds out about all the cheating he's done. Don't try and tell me the cameras were an isolated incident. There was a time when Pete Rose was a lock too. We'll see what comes out after he retires. Either way we all know Brady made the man. He was a very good DC, before Brady. After Brady all of the sudden he's the best coach that ever lived. Let's see him win after Brady retires.
    It doesn't depend on anything. You are more than welcome to hold up a sign at his induction ceremony, depending on what the security crew decides. For the record, the Hall of Fame Committee has already told me they will not accept any testimony from Jets' fans bleeding vaginas.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 08-02-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Hall Of Fame

Parcells didn't get in on first ballot.

Bellichick is basically the turd spawn of Parcells.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post

_
    That is the perfect word to describe BB.

JetsInsider.com Legend

_
    How many division titles, conference championships and Super Bowl titles does Parcells have?

Where is Statz when you need him?

Again, BB strolls into the HOF on the 1st ballot.

_
    That's because he never won anything without Belichick.

Hall Of Fame
    How many division titles, conference championships and Super Bowl titles does Parcells have?

Again, BB strolls into the HOF on the 1st ballot.
    Let me see if I understand this correctly.

You don't think Parcells deserved to be a first ballot HOFer?

He was kept out because he was an irritating prick and voters were concerned he would go back into coaching.

You don't think there is any possibility that BB could get the same treatment?

I'm not an idiot--of course BB is a HOFer and should be first ballot--but don't kid yourself if you think there couldn't be a glitch or two.

_

All League
    Parcells has never officially retired from the NFL, do you not understand how this works?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Let me see if I understand this correctly.

You don't think Parcells deserved to be a first ballot HOFer?

He was kept out because he was an irritating prick and voters were concerned he would go back into coaching.

You don't think there is any possibility that BB could get the same treatment?

I'm not an idiot--of course BB is a HOFer and should be first ballot--but don't kid yourself if you think there couldn't be a glitch or two.

_
    Absolutely agree that Parcells should have been 1st ballot.

However, Parcells went out of his way to piss off media members/voters with all his flippant responses, to the extent that he belittled them in public.

BB has never pissed off the media. All he has done is never really answer questions.

Totally different situation in pissing off the media and remaining aloof.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Parcells has never officially retired from the NFL, do you not understand how this works?
    He's not a player. When you retire as a coach or GM, I do not believe you file "papers" with the league office.

And even if you did, you can unretire--and if you are under contract your rights revert to that team.

Since we're both guessing, I'm guessing one of us doesn't know how this works.

_

However, Parcells went out of his way to piss off media members/voters with all his flippant responses, to the extent that he belittled them in public.

BB has never pissed off the media. All he has done is never really answer questions.

Except that his being aloof DOES piss off the media, particularly the Borgeses and Shaughnessies of the world.

Hall Of Fame

But if BB has another incident (whether you believe it or not), it's conceivable that those same writers could take it out on him.

He's deserving of first ballot entry, but you just never know.

_

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Except that his being aloof DOES piss off the media, particularly the Borgeses and Shaughnessies of the world.
    Yeah, what HE said.

_

Belicheat will waltz in only because Goodell shredded all the evidence in order to cover up a much bigger crime.

He'll waltz in but with a very large asterisk attached.