Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the canned supermarket beer corner

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Those were the days... Boomboxes and shlt Beer was all we needed
    The "boombox" in my era was a transistor radio or 8-Track played from an older guys car.. Seriously. F**k me.

and the babes were so cool...fun times

All Pro
    Damn I thought we were bad with the Old Milwaukee, Shaeffer, Stroh's (the first 30 packs,) Piel's (alot of dorm RA writeups cause of Piel's,) Black Label (worst of em all,) but those look like some real winners,
    The Label brings back so many high school memories...some of them not cringe-inducing even in retrospect.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    JW, how friggin' insane were those days? Guys now have no clue how "small town"/tight a$$ed everything was. I'm from the time when cops would pull you over for being loaded, then follow you home to make sure you got there and turned off the car before killing yourself or someone else. Seems unthinkable today.

The ground (cement, actually) of my park was strewn with a mountain of those cans after a "routine" Friday and Saturday night.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    exactly
    But no matter what, no one would piss on a chick's leg, right? That would be crossing the line from "Friggin' insane" to "Totally Fuked"

The "boombox" in my era was a transistor radio or 8-Track played from an older guys car.. Seriously. F**k me.
    Well, we had a little more technology than you,...but I bet u got to see some of the rock legends that we never got see

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    But no matter what, no one would piss on a chick's leg, right? That would be crossing the line from "Friggin' insane" to "Totally Fuked"

gotta draw the line somewhere

You know what's really f**king sad? Most weekends (when we were 17-18 years-old), there were no chicks involved. Just a bunch of idiots sitting in a NYC (Staten Island) park drinking/smoking themselves silly whilst complaining that we didn't have any chicks.

Then, someone would get the bright idea to crash one of the dances being held at some all-girls high school. Invariably, we'd either get into a brawl, pi$$ off the nuns with our antics and get kicked out, or puke all over the one broad who would "dance" with us. Great youth, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    The Label brings back so many high school memories...some of them not cringe-inducing even in retrospect.
    I think it was $3.99 a case on the right day, the first few were rough, but after that you didn't notice anymore, lol

Not on purpose, anyway, lol

You know what's really f**king sad? Most weekends (when we were 17-18 years-old), there were no chicks involved. Just a bunch of idiots sitting in a NYC park drinking/smoking themselves silly whilst complaining that we didn't have any chicks.

Then, someone would get the bright idea to crash one of the dances being held at some all-girls high school. Invariably, we'd either get into a brawl, pi$$ off the nuns with our antics, or puke all over the one broad who would "dance" with us. Great youth, huh?
    Sounds like my Saturday night.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Damn I thought we were bad with the Old Milwaukee, Shaeffer, Stroh's (the first 30 packs,) Piel's (alot of dorm RA writeups cause of Piel's,) Black Label (worst of em all,) but those look like some real winners,
    Jimmy Breslin commercial. "Piels, it's a good drinkin beer."

All League
    My current favorite.

By gunnails at 2008-10-30

Pissed enough of these to float a battle ship over the years.

Use to drink this by the truck loads.

This was good.
    Last edited by gunnails; 08-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.

You know what's really f**king sad? Most weekends (when we were 17-18 years-old), there were no chicks involved. Just a bunch of idiots sitting in a NYC park drinking/smoking themselves silly whilst complaining that we didn't have any chicks.

Then, someone would get the bright idea to crash one of the dances being held at some all-girls high school. Invariably, we'd either get into a brawl, pi$$ off the nuns with our antics and get kicked out, or puke all over the one broad who would "dance" with us. Great youth, huh?
    You city guys did have it rougher, than, the girls weren't always with us but they were around enough to keep it interesting

I used to drink these when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Sounds like my Saturday night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    My current favorite.

By gunnails at 2008-10-30

PBR's in the bar bottle!

Over 11 Billion Served

Forgot the Pabst Blue Ribbon, we drank alot of that also

All League
    Spent a summer in ND way back when and drank this by the bucket.

And the list goes on and on.

I still drink the sh!t out of PBR. Gimme the 16oz can ice cold. That's usually what I drink when I'm eating wings at Taco Mac.

Well, we had a little more technology than you,...but I bet u got to see some of the rock legends that we never got see
    A friend of mine who's parents were divorced (totally unheard of in my neighborhood) could do pretty much what he pleased by his early teens. No joke, this dude was legendary for paying ushers at the gate at MSG a few bucks, who'd then let him in to watch concerts. He saw anyone you can imagine (Stones/Zep/Clapton/Lennon/Tull/Bowie/etc.). We idolized him.