Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 133

Thread: the canned supermarket beer corner

  1. #81
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4533464]
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

    There is always that guy in the group. Always. Maybe it's a "putz gene".
    you could tell he thought the move was going to give him hero status in high school the next day. such fire in his eyes.

  2. #82
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Long Island (Former home of the NY Jets)
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    It wasn't that cheap for us, probably like $8 a case of cans
    I'm sure I'm alot older than you, I was talking 1976, when it wasn't on sale it was $1.99 a case

  3. #83
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4533462]
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post

    LOL

    I remember getting pulled over and the cops made us pour the beer in the ditch. One kid decided to be a hero and shotgunned an entire beer right in front of the cops . Cops let us walk home and took the guzzler to the police station and called his parents.
    I got patted down by a cop going into a Judas Priest show at the Garden. WHen he found the beer I declared "you cant take this from me if I'm not going in, I know my rights". THe one cop took the beer and threw it in the garbage... and two others shoved me in the door.




    -

  4. #84
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    We walked aroung Queens with a boomboz blasting Pink Floyd's "Animals".

    We'd end up in Filene's Basement parking lot off the LIE playing ultimate Frisbee for hours and drinking Boones Farm Strawberry WIne.

    Around '79..'80 I think.

    Man we puked up a storm.

    -
    God god, that stuff was vile (although I drank it back then like everybody else). Thought we were "the balls" when we progressed to this flotsam:


  5. #85
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bergen County, NJ
    Posts
    20,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a picture of me with Schlitz that when I post it will out-do any picture of anything I have ever posted of myself. Crossfire will have material for a year.

    Gotta find it.

    _

  6. #86
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Long Island (Former home of the NY Jets)
    Posts
    1,117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    God god, that stuff was vile (although I drank it back then like everybody else). Thought we were "the balls" when we progressed to this flotsam:

    I used to drink Mateus all the time...

  7. #87
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,867
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I have a picture of me with Schlitz that when I post it will out-do any picture of anything I have ever posted of myself. Crossfire will have material for a year.

    Gotta find it.

    _
    Your head sticking out of the can with a Roman Helmet?




    -

  8. #88
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    37,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Timmy®;4533462]
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post

    LOL

    I remember getting pulled over and the cops made us pour the beer in the ditch. One kid decided to be a hero and shotgunned an entire beer right in front of the cops . Cops let us walk home and took the guzzler to the police station and called his parents.
    I may have toldthis story before...its about 4am, me and a buddy hit the local strip joint (which iwould learn at JI years ago was one time managed by our own savage69) and they wont let us in, we put our faces in the mail openning and yell "put a nipple in the slot" lol. Ths was frowned upon Apparently because we then got sprayed with a fire extiguisher ... lol next thing you know one of the local occifers (correct pronuncuation at the time) happens by...i told him i was wrecked by going home he said "be careful."

    True story at least 30 years ago

  9. #89
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    Back when I was 18 (36 years ago) and worked in King Kullen it was on sale every other week for $.99 for a case of bottles...
    Schmidt is not the same as the Delaware River water product available in the northeast

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14531705@N00/5632941335/

  10. #90
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by matt robinson 17 View Post
    I'm sure I'm alot older than you, I was talking 1976, when it wasn't on sale it was $1.99 a case
    I graduated HS in 86, probably a little younger than you and was coming thru when beer was a little more expensive

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Schmidt is not the same as the Delaware River water product available in the northeast

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14531705@N00/5632941335/
    I keep telling these f*s but they just won't stop

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    True story at least 30 years ago
    Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    I have a picture of me with Schlitz that when I post it will out-do any picture of anything I have ever posted of myself. Crossfire will have material for a year.

    Gotta find it.

    _
    media whore.

  14. #94
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4533594]
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post

    I may have toldthis story before...its about 4am, me and a buddy hit the local strip joint (which iwould learn at JI years ago was one time managed by our own savage69) and they wont let us in, we put our faces in the mail openning and yell "put a nipple in the slot" lol. Ths was frowned upon Apparently because we then got sprayed with a fire extiguisher ... lol next thing you know one of the local occifers (correct pronuncuation at the time) happens by...i told him i was wrecked by going home he said "be careful."

    True story at least 30 years ago
    I have a few of these "drunken idiot cops let us go"stories also...Its amazing how different it is now, we were lucky to grow up in that era

  15. #95
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Spent a summer in ND way back when and drank this by the bucket.


    And the list goes on and on.
    If ya didn't drink it in the big mouth, you really missed something:


    True story:
    a friend of mine's father who loved drinking Falstaff heard that the brewery in Omaha was closing and went bought a truckload of cases of the crap (a grain truck - no sh*t) at the brewery's closing auction and stored it all in a storm cellar. Soon afterwards, the friend's father developed a liver ailment which forced him to give up drinking, so during high school when ever we were really desperate, we sneak into the cellar and grab a few cases - wholly sh*t was that beer bad.....


  16. #96
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    If ya didn't drink it in the big mouth, you really missed something:


    True story:
    a friend of mine's father who loved drinking Falstaff heard that the brewery in Omaha was closing and went bought a truckload of cases of the crap (a grain truck - no sh*t) at the brewery's closing auction and stored it all in a storm cellar. Soon afterwards, the friend's father developed a liver ailment which forced him to give up drinking, so during high school when ever we were really desperate, we sneak into the cellar and grab a few cases - wholly sh*t was that beer bad.....

    Awesome, the endless stash...you can probably still find a few more in there to this day

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Schmidt is not the same as the Delaware River water product available in the northeast

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/14531705@N00/5632941335/
    Used to get this for .99 a six back in the late '70's. Used to drink it in the cemetry off of Vets highway in that shopping center by Hauppauge High school. God am I old.

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    If ya didn't drink it in the big mouth, you really missed something:

    I can tell by the cities on the label that isn't even real Schmidt. It was bought out by Wisconsin based Heilemans (Old Style or Old Pile as it was known). The Falstaff name has been bought and sold many times as well.

    Schmidt started as a brewery a brewery in St . Paul MN*


    *and again, it's not the same damn brewery of Philadelphia fame

  19. #99
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I can tell by the cities on the label that isn't even real Schmidt. It was bought out by Wisconsin based Heilemans (Old Style or Old Pile as it was known). The Falstaff name has been bought and sold many times as well.

    Schmidt started as a brewery a brewery in St . Paul MN*


    *and again, it's not the same damn brewery of Philadelphia fame
    Laverne and Shirley worked there

  20. #100
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    8,765
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    I can tell by the cities on the label that isn't even real Schmidt. It was bought out by Wisconsin based Heilemans (Old Style or Old Pile as it was known). The Falstaff name has been bought and sold many times as well.

    Schmidt started as a brewery a brewery in St . Paul MN*


    *and again, it's not the same damn brewery of Philadelphia fame
    F*ck and your hotey totey know-it-all beer attitude you stinkin' Verman-tonian



















    I mighta gone a little to far....sorry Tommy....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us