Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: the canned supermarket beer corner

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    How did you photoshop my head out of that?
    lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drank this cheap stuff in college - 99c 6 (so was rolling rock at that time)
    Complemented Pizza very well
    Got them to sponsor our softball team - The Fort Schuyler Crusaders
    Still in biz as Saranac

Worst beer ever -possibly - King Kullen's - did like the keep on trucking vibe of the lil' king

Maybe a&p was worse - made by champale

If Timmy had a brewery he could revive this marque

Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 08-05-2012 at 11:31 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Off the meds again, huh?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread . . . oh, the mammories

We drank all the usual suspects:

Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill -- awful but I think every kid in the northeast drank it at one time or another

Busch beer --- didn't even know Grand Union had its own beer, but in HS someone else had to buy the booze (I didn't look old enough) so we always went to the packie

My other favorite back then for a quick buzz without all the cans (makes me ill just thinking about that nasty taste now)

Last edited by Lone Star Lady; 08-06-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: cherry brandy is gag-worthy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Did anyone else drink Michelob back in the day when it was in that cool swoopy brown bottle?

From 1977 to about 1979 that was the beer of choice amongst me and my friends when we really felt like going out on the town big time.

I think it was basically Bud in a different bottle.

_
    YES!!!
    This was what we bought in college when we wanted to buy the "good stuff."

One of my college freshman dorm-mates was from Colorado and she would bring as much Coors as she could when she returned from a trip home. Back then you couldn't get Coors on the east coast, not sure why, so for us it was a real treat when we got to drink a Coors.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

One of my college freshman dorm-mates was from Colorado and she would bring as much Coors as she could when she returned from a trip home. Back then you couldn't get Coors on the east coast, not sure why, so for us it was a real treat when we got to drink a Coors.
    us too. cans had two holes rather than a pull tab - very exotic, added to the
    legend

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!!!
    This was what we bought in college when we wanted to buy the "good stuff."

I remember when they finally started selling this on the east coast--maybe late 70's or early 80s? My buddy's family had a house in Hampton Bays and it was the only beer we'd buy that summer because it had that totally unique factor going for it--we thought we were kings drinking it

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread . . . oh, the mammories

We drank all the usual suspects

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when they finally started selling this on the east coast--maybe late 70's or early 80s? My buddy's family had a house in Hampton Bays and it was the only beer we'd buy that summer because it had that totally unique factor going for it--we thought we were kings drinking it

_
    Coors was much smaller BITD used all natural ingredients and no preservatives which made distribution eastward x-pensive. The beer had to be brewed, transported, and stored under refrigeration, and its shelf life was limited to one month.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You know what's really f**king sad? Most weekends (when we were 17-18 years-old), there were no chicks involved. Just a bunch of idiots sitting in a NYC (Staten Island) park drinking/smoking themselves silly whilst complaining that we didn't have any chicks.
    We did the same thing, hanging out in the woods in the south of end of Toledo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    When I was at college in the mid 70s, it was a huge deal when one of our suite mates went out west and brought some back. Just tasted better than the copius amounts of the East Coast brews we were imbibing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

_
    As was stated earlier - when it was first introduced outside of CO - it required that it be refrigerated at all times - a lot of bars/liquour stores did not follow protocol - was lot of skunky Coors floating around....