Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 of our 16 opponents were .500 or worse last season

11 of our 16 opponents were .500 or worse last season

I was just checking the schedule again and really couldn't help but notice how easy it is. I mean, I thought it was when it was first announced way back when but most of these teams really didn't improve much at all in the offseason. We may have the easiest sched in the NFL (or close). This is a schedule that gives us a serious chance at a playoff spot.

Even if we blow a couple of those, we'll probably win 1 game we're not supposed to. We could go 9-7 or 10-6 with this sched and not even be that great of a team. AFC is so weak outside the top teams that hard to believe 9-7 wouldn't get at least 6 seed and 10 wins would basically guarantee a spot.

I've been pessimistic at times, thought I'd make a positive thread

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I was just checking the schedule again and really couldn't help but notice how easy it is. I mean, I thought it was when it was first announced way back when but most of these teams really didn't improve much at all in the offseason. We may have the easiest sched in the NFL (or close). This is a schedule that gives us a serious chance at a playoff spot.

Even if we blow a couple of those, we'll probably win 1 game we're not supposed to. We could go 9-7 or 10-6 with this sched and not even be that great of a team. AFC is so weak outside the top teams that hard to believe 9-7 wouldn't get at least 6 seed and 10 wins would basically guarantee a spot.

Im saying 12-4.

Thats what I'm sayin, if we can get some of these rooks to step up we may be able to do some damage this year

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Im saying 12-4.
    No way, you know we're blow at least a couple games we "should" win. At Seattle looks like a destined to be loss. No chance we sweep both Buff and Miami also, 3 of 4 against them would be good. Plus there's always 1 loss that just comes out of nowhere that you don't expect. Something like at the Rams or Jags where you wouldn't even think it possible

That said, I could see springing an upset or 2, would love to get a split with the Pats

No way, you know we're blow at least a couple games we "should" win. At Seattle looks like a destined to be loss. No chance we sweep both Buff and Miami also, 3 of 4 against them would be good. Plus there's always 1 loss that just comes out of nowhere that you don't expect. Something like at the Rams or Jags where you wouldn't even think it possible

That said, I could see springing an upset or 2, would love to get a split with the Pats
    I know, but did u need to say it? Can't we just hope this is the year we don't blow sure wins?

Banned
    If we could win 11 games with a raw 2nd year Quarterback and 2nd year head coach back in 2010, who's to say we can't tie a franchise record for most wins during a single season with 12 wins this up coming season?

Sanchez and Ryan (head coach) are both heading into their 4th seasons and with an (potentially) improved pass rush? The sky becomes the limit for this Jets defense.

It's taken Rex Ryan 4 years to build his defense, but outside of Pace, Harris, Thomas, Revis and Smith? This is a Rex Ryan put together defense, including both DeVito and Pouha who've emerged onto the scene under coach Ryan.

Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, DeVito, Dixon, Tevaseu, Sapp, Scott, Maybin, Davis, Cromarite, Wilson, Lankster, Bell, Landry etc, etc; This is a Rex Ryan led/put together defense.

So once again, If we could win 11 games with a raw 2nd year Quarterback and 2nd year head coach back in 2010, who's to say we can't tie a franchise record for most wins during a single season with 12 wins this up coming season?

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post
    If we could win 11 games with a raw 2nd year Quarterback and 2nd year head coach back in 2010, who's to say we can't tie a franchise record for most wins during a single season with 12 wins this up coming season?

Sanchez and Ryan (head coach) are both heading into their 4th seasons and with an (potentially) improved pass rush? The sky becomes the limit for this Jets defense.

It's taken Rex Ryan 4 years to build his defense, but outside of Pace, Harris, Thomas, Revis and Smith? This is a Rex Ryan put together defense, including both DeVito and Pouha who've emerged onto the scene under coach Ryan.

Coples, Pouha, Wilkerson, Ellis, DeVito, Dixon, Tevaseu, Sapp, Scott, Maybin, Davis, Cromarite, Wilson, Lankster, Bell, Landry etc, etc; This is a Rex Ryan led/put together defense.

So once again, If we could win 11 games with a raw 2nd year Quarterback and 2nd year head coach back in 2010, who's to say we can't tie a franchise record for most wins during a single season with 12 wins this up coming season?
    Yeah, but Mike Golic believes Tebow will start "some games" for the Jets this year - not related to injury.

I want to apply to ESPN as an analyst/anchor.

10-6, wild card, hope we get hot in the playoffs

im optimistic for this season but i'll say this...

its so hard to base ease of schedule on records of the prior year...year to year teams explode and teams fall back unexpectedly. but given we have no way of knowing it's the only measurable.

i'm amped for this season....

besides, my good friend is a bills fan and has done nothing but run his mouth since they signed Mario.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    19-0.
    Come on man, be realistic.

17-2

We just didn't catch a lot of breaks last year and still just missed. The big issue was most of our borderline good teams where away games. We where 6-2 at home. We should have lost that Dallas game but it was Romo'd to us last minute. Jax what ever. We cross the country for Oakland then follow that with two away games in Balt and NE. That was hard and none of those losses where shocking. Played Miami on a Monday then SD on the short rest. Buff away off the bye then NE coming off 2 losses. NE was out for blood we where doomed. Cross back over the country for Denver and got Tebowned with McKnight taking a short load as the main guy. Then our easy set vs Buff, Washington, and KC. At Philly was the biggest flop IMO. This was where they quit IMO. They looked bad VS Buff, Washington, and KC but at least tried. No way they should have looked that bad away game or not. That was the worst loss all year IMO. The last two they just weren't trying at all and sad thing is they still had playoff hopes.

there's too much parity to think that any team from last season won't be better this season. sure, some teams are on the bottom like miami and buffalo but they always play the jets hard and if they are caught at the wrong time, the jets could lose.

i do think the jet defense will be close to dominant and that will take quite a bit of pressure off the offense, especially the passing game. could be a 12 win season.

All League
    Yeah but what sucks is that we were also "500 or worse"

Quote Originally Posted by jzelada121 View Post
    Yeah but what sucks is that we were also "500 or worse"
    Good point...back to the drawing board

Just to be clear, by my count, 7 are sub-500, 4 are 500, and 5 are above 500.

*That's* a horribly weak schedule?? Seems almost average, if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by thshadow View Post
    Just to be clear, by my count, 7 are sub-500, 4 are 500, and 5 are above 500.

*That's* a horribly weak schedule?? Seems almost average, if you ask me...
    Are the sub-500 teams like 7-9, or just awful (example: 3-13)?

It's the difference between a D+ (they don't like to give those out), and an F-

Completely pointless stat

Quote Originally Posted by NY2FLDWC85 View Post

oh, that Ryan.

thanks for the clarification.

teams only play 13 opponents.