Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: President Obama weighs in on Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Football News: Obama weighs in on Jets

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/...b-controversy/

From a football/Jets fan perspective, **** this guy and his ****.

Veteran

President Obama weighs in on Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow

President Obama weighs in on Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow, says if he were a NY Jets fan he’d be ‘pretty nervous’
    Commander in Chief says that there 'seems to be a lot of tension' with the Jets' quarterback situation and is interested to see how it plays out.

By Manish Mehta / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Thursday, August 2, 2012, 5:56 PM

Everyone has an opinion on the Mark Sanchez-Tim Tebow quarterback "controversy."

Now President Obama does too.

The leader of the free world weighed in on the Jets signal callers on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus on Thursday.

"I gotta tell you, I don't like the idea of a quarterback controversy at the start of a season," Obama said. "So if I was a Jets fan, I'd be pretty nervous. Sanchez is not Tom Brady yet, but he led them to the playoffs two years in a row. I think Tim Tebow seems to be a wonderful young man, and he's got just a great winning attitude. He really steps up when things count."

"But there's going to be a lot of tension in that situation," Obama added. "So it'll be pretty interesting to see how it plays itself out."

Jets owner Woody Johnson is a prominent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and is one of the former Massachusetts governor’s key fund-raisers.

Veteran
    BrianCoz (Beat Writer / Columnist) RT @EliIsELITE: Rex on Obama: "I love Obama, but if I wanted to hire him as our offensive coordinator, we would've."

Veteran
    BrianCoz (Beat Writer / Columnist) I half expect Helen Thomas to ask the first question at Rex's presser tomorrow

Veteran
    DWAZ73 (Beat Writer / Columnist) Tremendous. RT @MikeSielskiWSJ Doing research now to find out what Ronald Reagan thought of Richard Todd. #NYJ

Veteran
    NYPost_Lewis (Beat Writer / Columnist) Well-played, cat RT @PeterBotte: In response, Antonio Cromartie says he's already the second-best presidential candidate.

This is BS, since Sanchez ate dinner with Obama at the White House last year.

Obama doesn't know anything about sports. Trust me. He's a fair-weather fan when it comes to football. He couldn't tell you what a post route is.

Don't let him get to you. He's just talking out of his a$$.

All League
    Some don't think what 15 brings on the field is worth all the BS off it and in the lockerroom.

Quote Originally Posted by rick34125 View Post
    NYPost_Lewis (Beat Writer / Columnist) Well-played, cat RT @PeterBotte: In response, Antonio Cromartie says he's already the second-best presidential candidate.
    LOL. Winner!

Hall Of Fame
    You would think with all the s**t that is going wrong in this country, the "President" would have more important things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You would think with all the s**t that is going wrong in this country, the "President" would have more important things to worry about.
    No, the Jets are more important.

yes, because he went out of his way to address the Jets QB situation, it wasn't the fact that a Tebow obsessed media asked the question (while the president was in Florida Gator country)

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    This is BS, since Sanchez ate dinner with Obama at the White House last year.

Obama doesn't know anything about sports. Trust me. He's a fair-weather fan when it comes to football. He couldn't tell you what a post route is.

Don't let him get to you. He's just talking out of his a$$.
    Nothing new there.

Veteran
    the Jets are America's team.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    yes, because he went out of his way to address the Jets QB situation, it wasn't the fact that a Tebow obsessed media asked the question (while the president was in Florida Gator country)
    He was on a radio station in Columbus, Ohio.

He was on a radio station in Columbus, Ohio.
    President was campaigning today in Florida, likely why the question was asked.

And guess what.. he's right.

Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    President was campaigning today in Florida, likely why the question was asked.

And guess what.. he's right.
    Guess what... There is no QB controversy. So, he's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    Guess what... There is no QB controversy. So, he's wrong.
    There will be when Sanchez has a few bad games. You can hear it now "We want Tebow!"

Hall Of Fame
    Just more proof that Obama knows nothing.

Correct answer would have been "I am focused on fixing the economy and haven't spent much time following sports."