Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 74

Thread: Am I the only one who sees the benefit of Tebow inside the 10??

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Am I the only one who sees the benefit of Tebow inside the 10??

    Sign off here if you're with me.

    It seems like based on people's post here that everyone's forgot what this man was brought in to do. Kill it in the red zone. Hello - Florida bowl championship with Chris Leak?

    I don't give a sh*t if Tebow's listed as a QB, LB, RB whatever - he's gonna save our bacon late in more than one game this year... I can't believe how rampantly this notion has been lost on Jets nation.
    Last edited by Paradis; 08-02-2012 at 08:57 PM.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sign me up, gonna run it down NE's throat

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's built like a Mack-Truck. He's rushed for 887 rushing yards with an average of 5.3 yards per carry to go along with 12 rushing TD's over the past two years; he'll become a force to be reckoned with down inside the red-zone.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Durham, CA
    Posts
    8,459
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love how Tebow is open to pretty much anything they ask him to do, and i hope goal line is one of them.

    OT:His calves are ripped. (no homo)

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    819
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see Tebow extending drives, giving the defense plenty of time to rest. We simply need more TOP on offense than on defense.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    I see Tebow extending drives, giving the defense plenty of time to rest. We simply need more TOP on offense than on defense.
    I think we all understand this. The media is trying to spin it into something else.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I think we all understand this. The media is trying to spin it into something else.
    You don't spend much time on this site, do you?

    If you did, you'd know it was all a PR-stunt, with no football benefit whatsoever . . .

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    You don't spend much time on this site, do you?

    If you did, you'd know it was all a PR-stunt, with no football benefit whatsoever . . .
    No, I understand all that, I'm just sick of Tebow, and it's only day 6.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    No, I understand all that, I'm just sick of Tebow, and it's only day 6.
    Sick of non-football related nonsense I assume, but not of his ability to score inside the 10.

    Some fans apparently can't separate the two . . .

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Sick of non-football related nonsense I assume, but not of his ability to score inside the 10.

    Some fans apparently can't separate the two . . .
    Dude, don't start playing that game. If you want to go blow for blow about FOOTBALL RELATED ISSUES, I'll gladly do so, Mr. Fan.

    Tebow may be a good football player, but he's a primadonna, IMO. It distracts from other things, but it's still annoying.

    Some fans walk in here and think they know everyone.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,131
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ten posts so far in this thread paint a pretty good picture of the word "polarizing."

  12. #12
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Dude, don't start playing that game. If you want to go blow for blow about FOOTBALL RELATED ISSUES, I'll gladly do so, Mr. Fan.

    Tebow may be a good football player, but he's a primadonna, IMO. It distracts from other things, but it's still annoying.

    Some fans walk in here and think they know everyone.
    There appears to be a disconnect.

    I am FAR from a "Tebow-lover" -- I never want to see the guy anywhere near the top of our QB depth chart.

    But I still recognize that he can serve a productive role on this team, and it's ridiculous how many times I have to hear "it was just a PR move" or some other nonsense.

    To be honest, I thought I was talking to a kindred spirit -- apparently I was wrong . . .

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    26,202
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    There appears to be a disconnect.

    I am FAR from a "Tebow-lover" -- I never want to see the guy anywhere near the top of our QB depth chart.

    But I still recognize that he can serve a productive role on this team, and it's ridiculous how many times I have to hear "it was just a PR move" or some other nonsense.

    To be honest, I thought I was talking to a kindred spirit -- apparently I was wrong . . .
    Your JesusChrist over RevisChrist in your status confuses your stance on the matter.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,112
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the only part of Tebow i'm truly excited for (the special teams stuff is more a gimmick). Even though we led the NFL in goal line TD conversions, we may blow the rest of the NFL away this year.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sign off here if you're with me.

    It seems like based on people's post here that everyone's forgot what this man was brought in to do. Kill it in the red zone. Hello - Florida bowl championship with Chris Leak?

    I don't give a sh*t if Tebow's listed as a QB, LB, RB whatever - he's gonna save our bacon late in more than one game this year... I can't believe how rampantly this notion has been lost on Jets nation.
    Nope, I'm right with you.

    I absolutely loved the Tebow pick-up, and love how things are playing out in camp so far, it is exactly what I thought they'd do, and I knew both QB's would buy in.

    Tebow wasn't brought in to supplant Sanchez, he was brought in because he's a do everything football player, and does it with paramount intangibles, work ethic, and character, he's a leader, and he exudes confidence and a can do anything when the bullets are flying attitude.

    Today was a very good day, and I love how both Sanchez and Tebow seem to be settling in together on the team, despite the media created circus show.

  16. #16
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is another tool that the Jets can use...and how they use that tool will make/break him as a Jet. He brings a different skill set to the offense...an offense that I think is in flux right now with rookies and veterans..an offense under a new coordinator that needs to "find itself"...as far as timing, it couldn't be better...how well it works, we shall see.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Your JesusChrist over RevisChrist in your status confuses your stance on the matter.
    LOL -- can you believe I never put that together?

    While I have no intent of changing my status, my faith has nothing to do with someone's success (or lack thereof) on the football field. I wasn't for the trade when it happened, but I do believe they can get more than 4th round value out of him, so that's really all I can ask. I only wrote what I did because you said "I think we all understand" what Tebow offers -- unfortunately there are QUITE a few fans on this site who clearly don't.

    My problem isn't religious, but objective. The guy CAN help this team, and I wish certain haters (not saying you) would focus a little more on that and a little less on what they don't like off the field.

    Hopefully once the season starts we'll have more relevant topics to discuss than critiquing how the guy looks topless
    Last edited by OCCH; 08-02-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bobr68 View Post
    Tebow is another tool that the Jets can use...and how they use that tool will make/break him as a Jet. He brings a different skill set to the offense...an offense that I think is in flux right now with rookies and veterans..an offense under a new coordinator that needs to "find itself"...as far as timing, it couldn't be better...how well it works, we shall see.
    Best case scenario? He becomes a VITAL part of this offense, then just when defenses figure it out we trade him away for more than we gave up . . .

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much the only reason I don't utterly hate Tebow being here.

    Tebow in the goal line is cool, but we were already 1st on red zone efficiency last year anyway (iirc). What I'm more excited for is Tebow in on 3rd downs. I mean we WERE great in the red zone, but we just weren't there enough. So, hopefully Tebow converting 3rd downs will increase our trips to the red zone.

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,282
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the premise of this entire thread and it shows a level of INSANITY!!!

    I mean didn't the Jets have the best redzone offense in all of football last year

    Didn't Tebow have the worst 3rd down efficiency rate in all of football last year

    I don't get it, Sanchez has had more fourth quarter comebacks than almost any QB since he has entered the NFL.....

    Why in the world would we put a player in who actually performed poorer than our own starting QB.......

    I for one am NOT against Tebow and I am glad he is on the team but I think that we have to be realistic and understand that to use him the coaching staff has to be creative and not "fix" what wasn't broken!!!

    Come on people..... Good Grief!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us