Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Am I the only one who sees the benefit of Tebow inside the 10??

  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Well the best case is trading him for Demarcus Ware. But yes there is a remote possibility of trading him next year for more than what the jets sent for him. But if he does produce, I don't see the jets trading him away, unless his presense end up being a negative. y

    The comparison was not directed at you or your post. But to fans that somehow expect him to be much more than what he has shown already.

    I did not mean to be a dick or anything.
    "much more than he has shown" in his grand total of 16 starts ? Hell yes, I expect Tebow to be "much more" down the road. Just as you and anyone else would expect any other player to improve with more playing time and experience.

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    304 Row 24
    Posts
    2,235
    Post Thanks / Like
    Weren't the Jets tied for first in the redzone last year?

  3. #63
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    That has always been a good skill of his. However it will only work well if the oc does not do something really really stupid like bringing in extra blockers inside the 10. With Tebow back there you should spread the field and let him pick a hole.

  4. #64
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    "much more than he has shown" in his grand total of 16 starts ? Hell yes, I expect Tebow to be "much more" down the road. Just as you and anyone else would expect any other player to improve with more playing time and experience.
    Much more at what skill, Being a QB? A rb? A blocker? No one even knows what is role will be,

    Do you expect him to improve at as a Qb getting 6 snaps a game? I don't.

    Do i expect him to improve "much more" getting at QB 1/8th of the practice snaps- especially now that teams can only have one pad practice each week during the season. Or do you take snaps away from Sanchez as he works to master a new scheme.

    Do I see him improving much more while having to attend QB, running back and ST meetings during the week?

    Do I think he would improved much more if the jets installed him as the full time starter at qb, an emphatic YES. AS a running back YES.

    But at this time I see his growth hampered by asking him to absorb too much and without the practice time and the study time required to succeed at the NFL level.

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Much more at what skill, Being a QB? A rb? A blocker? No one even knows what is role will be,

    Do you expect him to improve at as a Qb getting 6 snaps a game? I don't.

    Do i expect him to improve "much more" getting at QB 1/8th of the practice snaps- especially now that teams can only have one pad practice each week during the season. Or do you take snaps away from Sanchez as he works to master a new scheme.

    Do I see him improving much more while having to attend QB, running back and ST meetings during the week?

    Do I think he would improved much more if the jets installed him as the full time starter at qb, an emphatic YES. AS a running back YES.

    But at this time I see his growth hampered by asking him to absorb too much and without the practice time and the study time required to succeed at the NFL level.

    All I can go by is what the coaching staff has said, which is that they will primarily focus on developing Tebow as a QB, and also use him in other ways.

    When Sanchez is taking first team snaps, Tebow is right there getting the mental reps in. Talking with the coaches. Talking with Sanchez. That does have some benefit. Much more than McElroy is getting from it being the 3rd string QB.

    I'm pretty sure that Tebow is also working on mechanics, footwork, etc, with Cav, and is spending time after practice throwing with receivers.

    In short, he's doing the things that need to be done to develop as a QB. Would it be better if he were the starter in camp ? Sure, he would develop faster (in my opinion), but, I don't see anything wrong with the approach that the Jets are taking.

  6. #66
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis81 View Post
    Weren't the Jets tied for first in the redzone last year?
    I know it's a good thing we brought in tebow.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    there are obviously controlled circumstances when tebow will play qb. what will be very interesting is what happens if sanchez stinks up the joint or the jets don't start out well. will sanchez be on a 4 or 5 game hook? thus far there was no real back up qb for sanchez. now there's tebow and possible mcelroy.

    and watch the fans how they will turn in a second if things don't go great from the start.

  8. #68
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    there are obviously controlled circumstances when tebow will play qb. what will be very interesting is what happens if sanchez stinks up the joint or the jets don't start out well. will sanchez be on a 4 or 5 game hook? thus far there was no real back up qb for sanchez. now there's tebow and possible mcelroy.

    and watch the fans how they will turn in a second if things don't go great from the start.
    Not sure when the hook comes, but the Tebow chants will start before the first kickoff, guaranteed. As for when fans turn, I honestly think most have already unfortunately.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    All I can go by is what the coaching staff has said, which is that they will primarily focus on developing Tebow as a QB, and also use him in other ways.

    When Sanchez is taking first team snaps, Tebow is right there getting the mental reps in. Talking with the coaches. Talking with Sanchez. That does have some benefit. Much more than McElroy is getting from it being the 3rd string QB.

    I'm pretty sure that Tebow is also working on mechanics, footwork, etc, with Cav, and is spending time after practice throwing with receivers.

    In short, he's doing the things that need to be done to develop as a QB. Would it be better if he were the starter in camp ? Sure, he would develop faster (in my opinion), but, I don't see anything wrong with the approach that the Jets are taking.
    I'm not saying the jets are doing anything wrong. I just don't expect Tebow to grow as a nfl player as quick as he may. I understand that Tebow can learn by watching but I would not expect a big improvement unless he is on the field.

  10. #70
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    7,653
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathis81 View Post
    Weren't the Jets tied for first in the redzone last year?
    The #1 weapon is no longer with the team, and it was running schotty's offense not Sparano's

  11. #71
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The #1 weapon is no longer with the team, and it was running schotty's offense not Sparano's
    Do you really think Burress can't be replaced?

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I'm not saying the jets are doing anything wrong. I just don't expect Tebow to grow as a nfl player as quick as he may. I understand that Tebow can learn by watching but I would not expect a big improvement unless he is on the field.
    It gets back to the age old question of whether to throw the guy in for on the job training, or shelter him while he's learning. This year, it'll be a combination of both

  13. #73
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    499
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Do you really think Burress can't be replaced?
    Who is replacing what he did last year 40 catches,8 TDs... 8 tds is a lot to replace. Hill is too raw to believe he is a lock.

  14. #74
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,219
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Who is replacing what he did last year 40 catches,8 TDs... 8 tds is a lot to replace. Hill is too raw to believe he is a lock.
    Maybe not a lock, but Plax hadn't played in 2 years, and certainly didn't have his heart in it.

    He pretty much got by with physical ability, and there's no reason to think Hill can't do the same.

    Put it this way -- if Hill has enough OPPORTUNITIES to match Plax's production, I don't see why he won't . . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us