Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 74

Thread: Am I the only one who sees the benefit of Tebow inside the 10??

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sign off here if you're with me.

    It seems like based on people's post here that everyone's forgot what this man was brought in to do. Kill it in the red zone. Hello - Florida bowl championship with Chris Leak?

    I don't give a sh*t if Tebow's listed as a QB, LB, RB whatever - he's gonna save our bacon late in more than one game this year... I can't believe how rampantly this notion has been lost on Jets nation.
    Werent the Jets Number 1 in the Red zone last year. The one area that Sanchez excelled. Yet the Jets decide to bring in Tebow to take the ball out of the hands of the man with the most single season tds. I remember Sanchez running up the gut out of the shotgun and scoring last year, How times the first three years of Marks career did Mark jump start his preformance after scoring a td.?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by david1023 View Post
    I see Tebow extending drives, giving the defense plenty of time to rest. We simply need more TOP on offense than on defense.
    This. Controlling the clock, getting the hard yards and punching it in when needed.

  3. #23
    Tim Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last year and was absolutely putrid in the Red Zone with a 27 QBR and was 26th in TD's per red zone appearance at 44%, yet THAT'S when we're going to put him in?? That makes zero sense whatsoever.

  4. #24
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tim Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last year and was absolutely putrid in the Red Zone with a 27 QBR and was 26th in TD's per red zone appearance at 44%, yet THAT'S when we're going to put him in?? That makes zero sense whatsoever.
    My points exactly; this makes no sense, it is truly fantasy football run amuck!!!

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,150
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Werent the Jets Number 1 in the Red zone last year. The one area that Sanchez excelled. Yet the Jets decide to bring in Tebow to take the ball out of the hands of the man with the most single season tds. I remember Sanchez running up the gut out of the shotgun and scoring last year, How times the first three years of Marks career did Mark jump start his preformance after scoring a td.?
    It's not about that. It's about being able to pound the ball in. Last year we were #1 in the red zone, (on the 8 occasions we made it that far) - but we did in a very un-jets like way. It was a mess to get that far. God only knows how we managed that pseudo-stat.

    I think this Sporano led offense will be unstoppable inside the 20. You're gonna see Mark and Tim out on the field lots together, well before the 20 too.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Definitely. I liked the Tebow acquisition for this very reason and also as an in-game/short term replacement for Sanchez if he gets injured. Besides the obvious wild cat plays/single wing he's a perfect back up due the stark differences in ability. Teams are going to have a rough time game planning for both QB's.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tim Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last year and was absolutely putrid in the Red Zone with a 27 QBR and was 26th in TD's per red zone appearance at 44%, yet THAT'S when we're going to put him in?? That makes zero sense whatsoever.
    We were first....Why would they do this

  8. #28
    I don't think people dispute the fact that Tebow will be a strong goal line/wildcat/short yardage "player". The problem is that the media hype on him starting as an every down QB has made it annoying.

    What other 2nd string QB makes himself available to the media?

    Nobody else thinks he acts like a primadonna?

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    It's not about that. It's about being able to pound the ball in. Last year we were #1 in the red zone, (on the 8 occasions we made it that far) - but we did in a very un-jets like way. It was a mess to get that far. God only knows how we managed that pseudo-stat.

    I think this Sporano led offense will be unstoppable inside the 20. You're gonna see Mark and Tim out on the field lots together, well before the 20 too.
    Sparono was run out of Miami for his love of the fieldgoal and we decide to give the reins to him and Tebow (26th) in the red zone last year,to replace the number 1 ranked red zone offense in the NFL. Sanchez excels as a red zone qb,why take it away from him?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tim Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last year and was absolutely putrid in the Red Zone with a 27 QBR and was 26th in TD's per red zone appearance at 44%, yet THAT'S when we're going to put him in?? That makes zero sense whatsoever.
    Wait we are going to use Cro as our #2 qb

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Wait we are going to use Cro as our #2 qb
    #2 RT?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Tim Tebow led the league in 3 and outs last year and was absolutely putrid in the Red Zone with a 27 QBR and was 26th in TD's per red zone appearance at 44%, yet THAT'S when we're going to put him in?? That makes zero sense whatsoever.
    Wait we are going to use Cro as our #2 wr,if Hill was really that good why would we even hear about this. Chiz , Kerley ,Hill and Turner if all are as good as most poster here believe ,it would be impossible for Cro to even think about wr. we know what we have in Chiz,Kerley and P.Turner. The only reason for cro to play offense is because Hill is not ready. How many free-agents did we sign today,all wrs

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Wait we are going to use Cro as our #2 wr,if Hill was really that good why would we even hear about this. Chiz , Kerley ,Hill and Turner if all are as good as most poster here believe ,it would be impossible for Cro to even think about wr. we know what we have in Chiz,Kerley and P.Turner. The only reason for cro to play offense is because Hill is not ready. How many free-agents did we sign today,all wrs
    Not sure if you meant to quote me, if so I don't see the relevance. The two things that Tebow was consistently horrible at were extending drives and scoring in the red zone. Why in the world would we look at him as some sort of upgrade to do either for us?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Not sure if you meant to quote me, if so I don't see the relevance. The two things that Tebow was consistently horrible at were extending drives and scoring in the red zone. Why in the world would we look at him as some sort of upgrade to do either for us?
    So you agree this was just a PR move? Or do you think there are other areas we can use him, just not red zone/3rd down?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Sign off here if you're with me.

    It seems like based on people's post here that everyone's forgot what this man was brought in to do. Kill it in the red zone. Hello - Florida bowl championship with Chris Leak?

    I don't give a sh*t if Tebow's listed as a QB, LB, RB whatever - he's gonna save our bacon late in more than one game this year... I can't believe how rampantly this notion has been lost on Jets nation.

    Inside the 5 or on a two point conversion, I'm all with you.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Not sure if you meant to quote me, if so I don't see the relevance. The two things that Tebow was consistently horrible at were extending drives and scoring in the red zone. Why in the world would we look at him as some sort of upgrade to do either for us?
    Perhaps Rex and company might think that Fox and McCoy misused Tebow's talents last year ?

    When actually trying to score (on 1 "run", Tebow centered the ball for a kick), Tebow is 7 for 7 on scoring TDs while running from inside the 3 yard line.

    He was also 3 for 3 when running on 2 pt conversions.

    As for extending drives, Fox is notoriously conservative and that didn't change last year, only going for it on 4th and 2 or less a total of 4 times. Tebow was 0 for 3 passing, but 1 for 1 running.

    I've got a feeling that Rex will be a bit more daring and drives will indeed be extended.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,070
    First team offense must be able to get 1st downs, and score touchdowns. An occasional use of other packages can be beneficial, occasional.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    First team offense must be able to get 1st downs, and score touchdowns. An occasional use of other packages can be beneficial, occasional.
    Agreed, tricks and gadgets can help, but won't win for you over the long haul

  19. #39
    Tebow would be great from the 3. From the 10 Mark is better.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I don't get the premise of this entire thread and it shows a level of INSANITY!!!

    I mean didn't the Jets have the best redzone offense in all of football last year

    Didn't Tebow have the worst 3rd down efficiency rate in all of football last year

    I don't get it, Sanchez has had more fourth quarter comebacks than almost any QB since he has entered the NFL.....

    Why in the world would we put a player in who actually performed poorer than our own starting QB.......

    I for one am NOT against Tebow and I am glad he is on the team but I think that we have to be realistic and understand that to use him the coaching staff has to be creative and not "fix" what wasn't broken!!!
    i
    Come on people..... Good Grief!!!
    charlie, you need to consider regression to the mean. teams that lead the league in red zone efficiency while being near the bottom of the league in offensive efficiency
    probably won't repeat those red zone results the next year

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us