Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Day 7 Camp Updates (Fri 8/3)

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Ray the lockout excuse is weak when we had rookie QBs lighting up the league.

His potential got Callahan fired. Not that I am complaining.
    Callahan got Callahan fired; too many damn cooks in the kitchen anyway. Ducasse will have his moments.

Did those rookie QBs have the "raw" label Vlad did?

We can't have it both ways -- "I know they said he'd be raw and take a few years to develop, but two years down the line he just looks too raw and undeveloped, so I guess he's just the latest in the line of Jets draft busts . . ."

By definition, a player like Vlad NEEDS as much coaching as he can get. Losing that coaching from the lockout, as well as trying him at different positions, was the perfect recipe for him to be where he is now.

Will he ever recover? Who knows, but to expect more at this point would be to have expectations beyond anything we should have had when he was drafted . . .

So Vlad is the reason Callahan left?

Interesting....I thought Callahan left because he didn't get the Jets OC position...Not to mention the whole OL sucked last year

The lockout factor isn't an excuse, and it isn't weak, it's very valid, it just doesn't jive with your ignorant agenda.

Complete bull****, and you have nothing to base this on.

All players develop and different speeds and different rates, comparing a successful rookie QB's campaign to Vlad is beyond naive.

Hall Of Fame
    The Callahan thing was a joke based on something else I said in another thread.

Get your sarcasm meters fixed.

But there is a little truth in every joke.

And comparing Vlad to a QB is not apples to apples but that only works in my favor b.c it is harder for a QB. And what does "raw" even mean? Every rookie is raw.

I will give you guys the last word. The beauty is that all of this will be answered soon enough. If you're right, I am sure you will let me know.

CMart your point is well taken. But those scouting reports are useless now b.c we have the ultimate scouting report now which is 2 years of him playing against NFL competition.

Again, I did not write him off. But I think it is fair to say that after 2 years he sucks. Could that change? Of course. But I am not gong to grade him with a curve b.c they said he was a developmental prospect. Maybe some of the blame needs to go to the Jets for taking him and gambling with a 2nd round pick when they had so few picks.

So what are we to do? Is he on the five year plan like Sanchez or the nine year plan like Hunter?
    This post is full of fail

C Mart's post is not only well taken is true, and your response is BS.

The scouting reports are valid because that is exactly what we've seen out of the player and what the Jets have seen out of the player. The lockout issue only further provides credence to it.

Why does any blame need to go anywhere?

Teams draft players all the time that are raw and have a lot of upside but are not as polished or ready for the NFL game.

Sanchez isn't on a 5 year plan, and I have no idea what you're talking about regarding Hunter, he hasn't been with the team for 9 years.

Don't be such a wiseass, several posters are all posting the same thing regarding Ducasse, it's all valid, no matter how smarmy you want to be about it.

The Callahan thing was a joke based on something else I said in another thread.

Get your sarcasm meters fixed.

But there is a little truth in every joke.

And comparing Vlad to a QB is not apples to apples but that only works in my favor b.c it is harder for a QB. And what does "raw" even mean? Every rookie is raw.

I will give you guys the last word. The beauty is that all of this will be answered soon enough. If you're right, I am sure you will let me know.
    It's not about being right you insecure tool, it's about just being logical.

If he works out, good for us as fans, if not bad for all of us. Why does every damn thread and debate on this board between fans have to turn into a penis waving contest? That seems more important to you than anything else.

And there is nothing with my sarcasm meter, unless you think that the 3 other posters that read your crap all fell for it too...
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 08-04-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So Vlad is the reason Callahan left?

Interesting....I thought Callahan left because he didn't get the Jets OC position...Not to mention the whole OL sucked last year
    Agreed