Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Day 7 Camp Updates (Fri 8/3)

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Its week 1 of TC......They are practicing scripted plays...There is no game planning.
    I guess we'll see next week at the first pre season game.

I just don't see any encouragement to get excited about except for Stephen Hill really.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post

I just don't see any encouragement to get excited about except for Stephen Hill really.
    Unless you attend the practices you really aren't "seeing" anything

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I see twitter updates. that's clearly all i need to see

So maybin "playing at a dominant level" doesnst excite you?

Ricky Sapp making some plays after we picked him up for nothing?

Bilal Powell showing a huge improvement from last year?

Antonio Allen with 3 picks so far?

Bell showing better range then the mess that we had at safety last year?

I doubt Holmes and KErley will play much, if at all in week 1 preseason. Hopefully Schillens and Hill can show something,

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Its week 1 of TC......They are practicing scripted plays...There is no game planning.
    It doesnt really matter that the plays are scripted and there is no "game planning". The situations are scripted as well, they are not playing a game, they are working on certain down and distance and position on the field. The concerning part is that they are not executing these plays.

All Pro

I think Rex is trying to tone down the encouragement this year. I guess it's tough to get excited about encouragement. It's also a hard thing to see.

Maybe you're right. we should wait for the games instead of getting upset that our brand new offense doesn't look good against our all world defense in training camp, week one.

All League
    Yeah, I don't care how banged up the WR corp is. If you can't get open in 7x7, that's bad, even against this defense.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

I was talking just about the offense. I am VERY excited about the defense and think they'll be great this year. But look at what you just listed. All defense except for Powell.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    It doesnt really matter that the plays are scripted and there is no "game planning". The situations are scripted as well, they are not playing a game, they are working on certain down and distance and position on the field. The concerning part is that they are not executing these plays.

They are also not playing with their 2 more productive WR from last season...

Veteran
    AdamSchein (TV / Radio Personality) Hysterical moment at Jets practice. @RossTuckerNFL was going to tweet it but he already got in trouble.

anyone know what this is about? what happened there?

Rookie
    so is nobody else worried about this offense?? no? we're still holding hope?
    very worried. I am not seeing any improvement with sanchez from years past. at least from the camp reports. I am really hoping I am wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    They are also not playing with their 2 more productive WR from last season...
    True. And thats why I have been saying this WR group is scary thin.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

The only one who truly matters is Sanchez

I was talking just about the offense. I am VERY excited about the defense and think they'll be great this year. But look at what you just listed. All defense except for Powell.
    It starts and ends with the QB in the NFL. Sanchez is going to go out and have another horrible season and even his supporters will bail on him after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Hahahaha

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Cromartie addresses media for first time since 2nd-best WR comment. Says he doesn't regret anything, media blew it out of proportion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSpleen View Post
    It starts and ends with the QB in the NFL. Sanchez is going to go out and have another horrible season and even his supporters will bail on him after that.
    He won't be allowed to have a horrible season. If he has a few horrible games, he won't be playing anymore. We'll be runnin Gator an winning games 13-6 with Timmy giving little DBs nightmares! Smash Mouth, ground and pound football will be back!

Gotcha

I am definitely not thrilled that we arent completing more passes/executing more, and that is all on sanchez.

As much as I have faith that he will make a leap this season, i dont like to hear things about his inaccuracy or especially the fact that he doesnt put a lot of touch on his passes. That is stuff that should be second nature by now

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RblJet View Post
    very worried. I am not seeing any improvement with sanchez from years past. at least from the camp reports. I am really hoping I am wrong.
    I heard Jaws say at least 10 times when he was there that Sanchez looks a lot better than he did last year. Bigger, more confident going through his progressions, and more zip on the deep out. What reports are you referring to?