Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 208

Thread: Day 7 Camp Updates (Fri 8/3)

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Vlad sucks. I know that doesn't fit your Kool-Aid agenda.

    Blough me, eh?
    Is this your definition of being "classy?"

    Why does anybody who doesn't agree with you a "kool-aid" drinker?

  2. #162
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL by way of Long Island, NY
    Posts
    102

    Sanchez INTs

    7 INTs in last 3 games of season, with the playoffs on the line. 3 losses. His #1 WR disgusted with him. Lack of leadership. Loss to Miami!

    I really hope Rex has the guts to bail on this guy and start Tebow. Our only hope. The dude beat the Steelers in the playoffs. When is the last time a Jet QB accomplished that? We were close to doing it 2 years ago, but of course Sanchez sacked, fumble, Defensive TD.

    Never forget how bad #6 is, no matter how much you join the hate train of Tebow.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Think about it this way...

    If the defense is as good as you think it is, which appears to be the case, they're going to be one of if not the best in the league.

    Against the best D out there, the O is going to look bad. On the bright side, they have another full month of getting beat down every day by the D... so they should come out on the other side much more prepared to face Pittsburgh, Miami and SF in the first few weeks.
    We'll see.

    Either way I'm just banking on Sparano being that much better then Schotty anyway. I just don't see how it could get any worse then it was last year.

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    7 INTs in last 3 games of season, with the playoffs on the line. 3 losses. His #1 WR disgusted with him. Lack of leadership. Loss to Miami!

    I really hope Rex has the guts to bail on this guy and start Tebow. Our only hope. The dude beat the Steelers in the playoffs. When is the last time a Jet QB accomplished that? We were close to doing it 2 years ago, but of course Sanchez sacked, fumble, Defensive TD.

    Never forget how bad #6 is, no matter how much you join the hate train of Tebow.


    Too bad Sanchez could not have been more like Tebow who also with the playoffs on the line lost his last 3 games.......

    30-73....40% comp rate....1 TD....4 INT.....5 fumbles.....Losing to the "great" Bills and Chiefs squads in that stretch......Put up 13 PPG during that tailspin.....

    Credit for the Steelers win but the next week he blew against the Pats....9-26....losing 45-10....

    When was the last time a Jets QB beat the Pats in the Playoffs?.....Way back in January 2011 throwing 3 TDS and whipping Brady and the Pats in their own house......Now who could that QB be?

  5. #165
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    7 INTs in last 3 games of season, with the playoffs on the line. 3 losses. His #1 WR disgusted with him. Lack of leadership. Loss to Miami!

    I really hope Rex has the guts to bail on this guy and start Tebow. Our only hope. The dude beat the Steelers in the playoffs. When is the last time a Jet QB accomplished that? We were close to doing it 2 years ago, but of course Sanchez sacked, fumble, Defensive TD.

    Never forget how bad #6 is, no matter how much you join the hate train of Tebow.
    What was it that Santonio was disgusted with? Sure seems to me like it was Shotty. His fight with Mark was over Mark telling him to shut up and run the play like he was told.

    Our defense lost that championship game against the Steelers btw. The play you're talking about should never have been called. Mark won 4 playoff games, and two on the road in back to back years. When was the last time Tebow did that?

    Before anyone jumps on me about Sanchez not winning the games himself, it was only directed at the guy that said Tebow beat the Steelers. Sorry he said Dude beat the Steelers.
    Last edited by NY's stepchild; 08-03-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  6. #166
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Is this your definition of being "classy?"

    Why does anybody who doesn't agree with you a "kool-aid" drinker?
    He said I had an agenda, so I said he had one. I am assuming that he meant that I was being SOJF, so I went with the Kool-Aid counter-attack. I pretty much played it by the book.

  7. #167
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Vlad sucks. I know that doesn't fit your Kool-Aid agenda.

    Blough me, eh?
    I bet over the past 10 months 75% of this board said the same thing about Powell...I'd say 90% of the board didn't even know who Ricky Sapp or Ellis Lankster were
    Last edited by C Mart; 08-03-2012 at 06:58 PM.

  8. #168
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    He said I had an agenda, so I said he had one. I am assuming that he meant that I was being SOJF, so I went with the Kool-Aid counter-attack. I pretty much played it by the book.
    Your statement that Ducasse had no business competing with Slauson, this is probably one of the bigger piles of **** I've seen posted on this forum in a while.

    No business? If he's earned the opportunity with a good off-season, why the hell not? His performance in the pre-season will give the coaches a body of work to make an evaluation, and there is nothing "kool aid" about it.

  9. #169
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangenius View Post
    7 INTs in last 3 games of season, with the playoffs on the line. 3 losses. His #1 WR disgusted with him. Lack of leadership. Loss to Miami!

    I really hope Rex has the guts to bail on this guy and start Tebow. Our only hope. The dude beat the Steelers in the playoffs. When is the last time a Jet QB accomplished that? We were close to doing it 2 years ago, but of course Sanchez sacked, fumble, Defensive TD.

    Never forget how bad #6 is, no matter how much you join the hate train of Tebow.
    6 is 10x the qb tebow is. If tebow starts a game for the jets the season is over. Sanchez is a born winner and great in the redzone. Tebow's gimmick plays are not worth all his trouble.

  10. #170
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,300
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your statement that Ducasse had no business competing with Slauson, this is probably one of the bigger piles of **** I've seen posted on this forum in a while.

    No business? If he's earned the opportunity with a good off-season, why the hell not? His performance in the pre-season will give the coaches a body of work to make an evaluation, and there is nothing "kool aid" about it.
    I stand by everything I said.

    We shall see.

  11. #171
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    What was it that Santonio was disgusted with? Sure seems to me like it was Shotty. His fight with Mark was over Mark telling him to shut up and run the play like he was told.

    Our defense lost that championship game against the Steelers btw. The play you're talking about should never have been called. Mark won 4 playoff games, and two on the road in back to back years. When was the last time Tebow did that?

    Before anyone jumps on me about Sanchez not winning the games himself, it was only directed at the guy that said Tebow beat the Steelers. Sorry he said Dude beat the Steelers.
    +1

    And stop making perfect sense. Don't you know the drill around here yet? Brand new season, brand new reason to bit#ch about the Jets until proven otherwise. (-;

  12. #172
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,344
    For anyone who is/was at camp --- any feedback on how TE Jeff Cumberland is looking. Prior to his injury he looked pretty good. I was wondering if it looked like he was going to make it back, or otherwise.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    6 is 10x the qb tebow is. If tebow starts a game for the jets the season is over. Sanchez is a born winner and great in the redzone. Tebow's gimmick plays are not worth all his trouble.
    A born winner? He better **** or get off the pot this year. He is not a QB that can carry a NFL offense.

  14. #174
    So I'm feeling a little masochistic on my way home from work, and I put on WFAN and get Benigno solo. Some guy calls in to talk about Coples and his supposed quiet start, and says that if he turns ot to be another Gholston, Rex and Tanny should be fired.

    This instant gratification society of ours is so cool. I suppose it should be obvious that a rookie's first week of training camp is more than enough of a sample to evaluate the bust quotient. Gotta keep reminding myself of that.
    Last edited by bullitt929; 08-03-2012 at 09:14 PM.

  15. #175
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    +1

    And stop making perfect sense. Don't you know the drill around here yet? Brand new season, brand new reason to bit#ch about the Jets until proven otherwise. (-;
    Sorry, I'm only trying to get everyone's hopes up so they can be dashed when we lose all our games this year. I mean Vlad is being forced into left guard because he can't play. Our #1 RB only averaged 4.2 yards per carry. I haven't read any tweets about Coples. Sanchez doesn't care if he only has 99yard drives, and he has never beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Revis is faking injuries, Cromartie is too busy playing WR, and he's our best receiver. Sporano wears sunglasses. Rex needed a lap band to lose weight. Bart lost too much weight. Maybin put too much on. McKnight eats at McDonalds. Landry says he can cover Gronkowski, but he can't even cover his abs, and Tebow runs topless in the rain. Vegas has us at 22-1 odds to win the SB. We don't have a chance. We didn't win any games last year, and we won't win any this year either.

  16. #176
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,580
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    So I'm feeling a little masochistic on my way home from work, and I put on WFAN and get Benigno solo. Some guy calls in to talk about Coples and his supposed quiet start, and says that if he turns ot to be another Gholston, Rex and Tanny should be fired.

    This instant gratification society of ours is so cool. I suppose it should be obvious that a rookie's first week of training camp is more than enough of a sample to evaluate the bust quotient. Gotta keep reminding myself of that.
    And when you listen to the fans, you sit with the fans.
    Line courtesy of JetFanatics avatar. (-;

  17. #177
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt929 View Post
    So I'm feeling a little masochistic on my way home from work, and I put on WFAN and get Benigno solo. Some guy calls in to talk about Coples and his supposed quiet start, and says that if he turns ot to be another Gholston, Rex and Tanny should be fired.

    This instant gratification society of ours is so cool. I suppose it should be obvious that a rookie's first week of training camp is more than enough of a sample to evaluate the bust quotient. Gotta keep reminding myself of that.
    Why wait? If he was any good someone would have tweeted it.

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Sorry, I'm only trying to get everyone's hopes up so they can be dashed when we lose all our games this year. I mean Vlad is being forced into left guard because he can't play. Our #1 RB only averaged 4.2 yards per carry. I haven't read any tweets about Coples. Sanchez doesn't care if he only has 99yard drives, and he has never beaten Pittsburgh in the playoffs. Revis is faking injuries, Cromartie is too busy playing WR, and he's our best receiver. Sporano wears sunglasses. Rex needed a lap band to lose weight. Bart lost too much weight. Maybin put too much on. McKnight eats at McDonalds. Landry says he can cover Gronkowski, but he can't even cover his abs, and Tebow runs topless in the rain. Vegas has us at 22-1 odds to win the SB. We don't have a chance. We didn't win any games last year, and we won't win any this year either.

    hahahahahaha, nice.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    TE Josh Baker is having a nice camp. Good feel for getting open underneath
    Western Branch HS!!! Portmouth or Chesapeake va. I know some1 that knows Josh from goin to HS w/him...smallworld...

  20. #180
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    I heard Jaws say at least 10 times when he was there that Sanchez looks a lot better than he did last year. Bigger, more confident going through his progressions, and more zip on the deep out. What reports are you referring to?
    So did Sal P and everyone else covering the team.

    People read what they want to read.

    Add that a QB working on things, working on a new offense and working with new players and scrubs going 8-18 isn't always an indication that he played poorly or had accuracy issues.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us