Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about James Jones WR GB.

Jets Insider VIP

How about James Jones WR GB.

What do you think about sending the pack a 4th rounder for him? With Driver, Cobb, Nelson and Jennings, there is really no room for him on the roster.

I bet we could get him for a 4th round pick.

If memory serves he was a FA this offseason, we pursued him but he decided to resign with GB

A 4th round pick for him is too much.....he is an excellent idea though, but GB doesnt need him and Randall Cobb is going to destroy him by the time the preseason is over so a 6th round pick is more likely/reasonable.

Jets Insider VIP
    No, that was last year. Supposedly, Cobb is having a great camp and is ready to leap him on the depth chart. Jones is too good to be a #5 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    What do you think about sending the pack a 4th rounder for him? With Driver, Cobb, Nelson and Jennings, there is really no room for him on the roster.

I bet we could get him for a 4th round pick.
    Why? This is our best core in about a decade.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Who can we give them on D.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Not sure if serious...

Coming into 2010, our top four receivers had combined for almost 900 career receptions and no player was over 30. Our top 4 receivers today barely combine for 400.

Maybe there's potential with this group, but I'm just not understanding why people are so high on this WR core when the top guy is a malcontent and no one else has done it consistently at this level.

Jones for a 6th sounds great, but doubt we could get him for just that.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Not sure if serious...

Coming into 2010, our top four receivers had combined for almost 900 career receptions and no player was over 30. Our top 4 receivers today barely combine for 400.

Maybe there's potential with this group, but I'm just not understanding why people are so high on this WR core when the top guy is a malcontent and no one else has done it consistently at this level.

Exactly. If we were Giant fans or fans of any other NFL team, we would look at the Jets WR corps and consider it nearly the worst in the league. I'm assuming Dreamers was being sarcastic.

Hall Of Fame
    Not sure if serious...

Agree 100000%. No coincidence that the Jets went 11-5 that year either.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'm assuming Dreamers was being sarcastic.
    Ohhhh, not he isn't unfortunately. Dreamers pretty much has taken the absurd side of just about every debate. he thinks Braylon Edwards was absolutely horrible as a Jet, Brandon Lloyd has sucked balls the last 2 years, we were 100% set at RB with S Greene and J McKnight at RB and should never have drafted Bilal Powell, and a couple other doozys too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Ohhhh, not he isn't unfortunately. Dreamers pretty much has taken the absurd side of just about every debate. he thinks Braylon Edwards was absolutely horrible as a Jet, Brandon Lloyd has sucked balls the last 2 years, we were 100% set at RB with S Greene and J McKnight at RB and should never have drafted Bilal Powell, and a couple other doozys too.
    Ah ok gotcha. I don't get why people say crazy things just to be contrary.

I don't see the Packers trading Jones either, they love 5 WR sets, and having 5 good ones is just a luxury for them. Look at GB's RBs. They are no-names. They are going to pull the anti-ground and pound and win 13+ games.

Depth is the name of the game, Driver says he is is in his last year and Jones can step in next year. since the Packers can't use the pick to help them this year and they need to replace Driver next year I dont think they will jump for a 4th.

All League
    He's young, good, and signed to a very team friendly deal. No chance the Packers trade him for any less than a 3rd. Why would they when they're built to contend?

Not sure if serious...

We were far from an offensive juggernaut in 2010, mostly because we had a 2nd year QB and an OC that didn't play to the team's strengths.

Would it be nice to have more veteran receivers? Sure, but I think the bigger difference will be in Sanchez's development and Sparano's offense. If those two things click, I think we can see results even with the "no-names" we currently have (especially since we'll be running a lot and still have Keller as the safety valve). If they don't, I highly doubt it matters who lines up at WR.

Maybe someday we can build an offense that is the STRENGTH of our team, but for now I think we have to be happy with one that doesn't lose us the game . . .

Not sure if serious...

I loved Cotch but this group is way better. People well under estimate what Kerley did last year he showed some great potential. Better then I thought anyway. Hill as a rook is better then anything we have had in the last ten years. Not sure why people are so scared that we are getting better. All this one and 2 year patch work is not the answer. Teams do not win like that.

Same goes for Greene if you have a problem with a guy that can put up 1200 yards rushing I'm not sure what you think Powel can do better. Unless you think he is the next LT which I just don't see that. I love the weapons we have on O right now and think very little needs to be added. Give our new OC time to do what he does. Talent wise there is nothing wrong there.

I loved Cotch but this group is way better. People well under estimate what Kerley did last year he showed some great potential. Better then I thought anyway. Hill as a rook is better then anything we have had in the last ten years. Not sure why people are so scared that we are getting better. All this one and 2 year patch work is not the answer. Teams do not win like that.

Same goes for Greene if you have a problem with a guy that can put up 1200 yards rushing I'm not sure what you think Powel can do better. Unless you think he is the next LT which I just don't see that. I love the weapons we have on O right now and think very little needs to be added. Give our new OC time to do what he does. Talent wise there is nothing wrong there.
    LOL at the bolded. You better be trolling, I hope for your sake you are not this clueless.

All League
    Kerley can't grasp the playbook and hasn't shown anything consistent
    hill is an unproven rookie he could be good could be bad
    Schilens hasn't played a full season in his 4-5 years and has never had a 400 yd plus season iirc
    Holmes is a head case
    Turner hasn't really ever shown us he is better than a 4/5th wr

Holmes/Edwards/cotch/smith were 10x the group the current one is

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Kerley can't grasp the playbook and hasn't shown anything consistent
    hill is an unproven rookie he could be good could be bad
    Schilens hasn't played a full season in his 4-5 years and has never had a 400 yd plus season iirc
    Holmes is a head case
    Turner hasn't really ever shown us he is better than a 4/5th wr

Holmes/Edwards/cotch/smith were 10x the group the current one is
    ...and it looks like all of them have tweaked hammies

Is he even available?

Jets Insider VIP
    Im not sure if he is available. But he cant be happy as the 5th wr on the packers. Offer them a 4th and get him in here. He turned 28 a few years ago so he is still young.